One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 2

Which format of One Sentence Comp do you prefer?

• The original format (prompts due at 11:59, prompts posted at midnight, reviews following day @ 6pm

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The current format (prompts due at 8:59, reviews posted @ 11pm, prompt at midnight

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@mharrington with “Goofy’s Olympic Sports-tacular”
Disneylover152: With NBC owning the rights to the Olympics, it’s almost a given the Tokyo Universal Resort is going to have some type of experience, and this festival would definitely drive people away from that. Goofy seems like a perfect fit as well since he is, well, Goofy! It seems like a great idea for a festival, and the idea of Olympic sports around the park would definitely be interesting and engaging. I personally love the canoe races in the Rivers of America (if they are called that there). I really love this idea that incorporates a fab five with a real world event! Great work!

DisneyForever: Because Tokyo Universal Resort will probably eventually have something Olympic about it, this festival seems like something that would draw fans to Tokyo Disneyland. Goofy is a perfect fit, not just because he's Goofy, but because he's really fun to put with sports. Olympic Sports around the park would be cool, it would be fun to see some actual "competitions" with the sports. I think it's so cool to add a Disney character into an actual event, one like sports and the Olympics. Overall, you've done a great job of creating a great festival!! Keep it up!!

Bonus: Sounds like an interesting parade. I would love to know more about it seperatly! +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@michmousefan with “Festival of Seasons”
Disneylover152: This is a really original idea that I really love! Bringing the seasons around the calendar year combining with the lands around the park is a simple, yet brilliant idea. I also love bringing in popular IPs that have a connection to the season it's from, even if its a stretch (ex. Lion King in Summer). Scavenger Hunts are like the signature of Disney festivals and this one has one that sounds like it would be fun, with multiple seasons. I like the idea of having a festival hub for each season, and it's something that Disney is doing with every festival nowadays. The food sounds like it would be interesting as well. Great work!

DisneyForever: A festival about the seasons sounds like a great idea. Bringing in IPs to the festival that fit with each season sounds like a nice thing. Scavenger hunts are always fun to do around a Disney park, so it seems almost fittingly to put one here at this Tokyo Disneyland Festival. The idea of putting a "hub" for the festival is something really successful in festivals, so applause for that. The food for this festival sounds great and could be unique. One problem is, would we see a certain season for every land (ex. Frontierland/Summer)? Overall, this sounds like a festival smash hit. Great job!!

Bonus: While I’m not a fan of taking the electrical parade away, this parade sounds engaging, modern, and overall a lot of fun! +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@pixie_princess with “Ghibli Summer Fest”
Disneylover152: This seems like a simple, yet fun festival. While I’m not familiar with the Ghibli characters, this festival would make me want to know more about them. The meet and greets and food stands sound basic, but yet would probably have some interesting experiences. I would love to know more about this festival, and hear about these experiences and know more about it! Sounds like a great festival and overall would be a fun temporary addition!

DisneyForever: Although not familiar with the Ghibli characters, this sounds like an interesting and unique festival. This is a festival that would get me to research more on the characters. There's not a lot of detail, so here it goes. The food stalls would be a good idea, maybe some unique eats? The meet and greets are a must and are basic for festivals, so they are nice. I would enjoy knowing more about what this festival is about, but overall, wonderful job. This sounds like a unique festival that would add some temporary fun to Tokyo Disneyland. Excellent!!

Bonus: Parades are the normal for Tokyo’s festival! +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Challenge 9 Results!
There were an absolute ton of quality proposals, making it really hard trying to select and rank the best.

A great idea alone is worth a lot in One Sentence Competition. So is a well-presented proposal. Our top finishers boasted a combo of each, and in such a crowded field many medal-worthy entries are sadly going unrewarded.

Bronze Medal
(1 point)
sEPgrGFJeDD3XGVUA758oj6re_nJrb8FyhXbhGCpbuhJ_sJgKKyXF4KqkCFVbdIgprvyYsTreqRq8KlqopxDdqWrWs4gLeyUIfkim6JaFntgSE9rSozwxDlM73_OHUYWpPPhNa9v

A fun incorporation of the Olympics into Tokyo Disney that would sure to be a hit!

Silver Medal
(2 points)
wEklu-6IhM9QKjbFrGsDgUva9FMwIbzKOQhd6NMY3yWKg-RYHemB9_8Nfm5bBYGxYhdzQ2GfmpV3tHXcjdJsr80HFm-7p3IQSfdO_tE9h0ePU1pRCrqlYIsgaRh7S8kR60LpJSMK

@DisneyFan18 with “Walt Disney’s World Expo”

An interesting festival that is sure to be exciting and original to Tokyo Disneyland.

Gold Medal
(3 points)
voBEeo4y2CKvlj89CMc8hjFJhR4MNprO27M5MUeIKUFQRZf9xkXLru5wyAaG-6gg34Mw6dVKxjnJGSl-ds0oNxqZn7ohH421hSs54OEhTg0lY3TkcqoXMjZATAhYL_v69BC6SlPJ

@michmousefan with “Festivals of the Seasons”

An original idea for a festival incorporating fun characters with a unique theme.

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated! Good luck with Challenge 10, posted at midnight!

Points will be posted soon!

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Challenge 10
Tokyo Disney Sea

cLLWN9YY2GS72H2Wkdb8jLeRAW36ux9ZP71zLMZMf_j2Nf3mu3fQRS7XBG0UGbs5LSAm0u9Zuhk9lxM71HQIUIsSKYk6vm1_T5yFNQIlnQvvgw3iBISNSFLe1cI_4ISchVSgcCPs

Welcome to Tokyo DisneySea. Just one monorail stop away from Tokyo Disneyland Park, this park is known as one of the best theme parks in the world. From its amazing attractions such as Indiana Jones and Journey to the Center of the Earth, to its beautifully designed flat rides such as Jasmine’s Flying Carpets and Scuttle’s Scooters, this beautiful park has something for everyone.

-Background Information-
Tokyo Disney Sea, just like the United States Parks, have slowly been incorporating IPs into the park. Sometimes they fit thematically like Aladdin in the Arabian Coast, and sometimes they are a bit of a stretch, like Toy Story in the Lost River Delta. And with a Universal-Marvel Contract in place, the Oriental Land Company can’t build any Marvel experiences. Until now…

Pretend we live in a world where Disney bought out the Universal-Marvel Contract. Now Disney World, as well as Tokyo, can build their own Marvel experiences.

-Challenge-
Create a new Marvel ride in Tokyo Disney Sea. It must fit the park thematically as well as be apart of a current theme park land. You can not add another theme park land. Also, it must be a ride. But other than that, you have the freedom to do as you wish.

If you do not know the Marvel Cinematic Universe, you may create a separate conversation with us to help complete the prompt.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 8:59pm EST. The amount of time is getting shorter! Critiques will come following at 11pm EST.

-Bonus-
Create a new nighttime spectacular to replace Fantasmic. It must incorporate the same set pieces in some way. You may use up to 2 sentences!

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Creativity- Is it creative?
“The Big Picture”- Do you make the most of your sentences allotted? Do I understand what your submission is about? Do you mention the beginning and end of the ride?
Realism- Is it (generally) realistic? Is it something Disney will/could build? Are there patents related to your submission?
Theme- Does it fit thematically? Does it fit visually?
Originality- Is it original?
Effort- Is effort shown?

-Reminders-
This prompt will be a points prompt. As a reminder, everyone who submits something as well as follows the rules will get 1 point. 3 awards are given for each challenge. The three awards are Bronze (+1 points), Silver (+2 points), and Gold (+3 points). Everyone who submits gets a point, but Bronze, Silver, and Gold winners get additional points.

Reminder that prompts are due at 8:59pm EST. Reviews come at 11pm EST with the next prompt coming at Midnight EST.

IP stands for Intellectual Property.

If you do not know the Marvel Cinematic Universe, you may create a separate conversation with us to help complete the prompt.

Follow the rules, posted here!

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Now go imagineer!

DisneyFan18

Captain America: The Hydra Archives

image.jpeg

Besides Soarin', DisneySEA will receive another spectacular addition in time for the park's 20th Anniversary, in September 4, 2021, which will be located in the parking lot right next to Toy Story Mania, as an expansion to American Waterfront, and it will be themed around Captain America; starting in Summer 2021 guests will be able to enjoy Captain America: The Hydra Archives!

Captain America: The Hydra Archives will be a motorcycle coaster similar to Tron Lightcycle Power Run, however it will be an extended version, that takes you on a thrilling adventure set between The Winter Soldier & Civil War, and with the help of VR, you'll be able to help the Avengers by throwing a shield at enemies in one of the slower paced scenes.

This amazing coaster, will transport guests to one of the abandoned Hydra facilities, where Captain America, Black Widow, Falcon, & Scarlet Witch are trying to find any leads on Crossbones, however it might not be as abandoned as the superheroes thought, which will lead to a thrilling high-speed chase, where AAs of the Avengers together with special effects will create a fan favorite experience.

Bonus:
Windows of the World, a brand new Nightime spectacular coming to DisneySEA, that with the help of specifical effects, pyrotechnics, a unique soundtrack, and physical sets will create one of the most magical lagoon shows. Windows of the World, starting in Summer 2021, will marvel guests with a trip around the world with the help of your favorite Disney Characters, Elsa's Ice powers will be the standout of the show.

Last edited:

D Hulk

1031498-mrd2400compv0080425821158-1200.jpg

SANCTUM SANCTORUM

For centuries the Sanctum Sanctorum has protected DisneySea’s American Waterfront from supernatural threats, while previously disguised as a restroom in between Toyville Trolley Park and Hotel Hightower.

But when the dream demon Nightmare (seeking Hightower’s cursed Shiriku Utundu idol) eradicates the Sanctum’s guardian circa 1912, it is up to Doctor Strange to travel back in time using his Time Stone to harness guests’ psychic energies and banish Nightmare.

Strange gathers his guests in the Sanctum’s heart to do spiritual battle, where the walls and ceilings seem to collapse and bend in a hallucinogenic kaleidoscope of shapes and colors, the special effect results of the unworldly Vekoma Madhouse - a spinning, swinging ride system ideal for mind-bending practical effects!

-BONUS-
Nemo’s Sea-Tasmic is a nighttime lagoon spectacular telling of Nemo’s voyage across the sea to find his father, where he encounters other maritime Disney scenes from Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Moana and more incorporating song, pyrotechnics and an erupting Mt. Prometheus.​

Last edited:

michmousefan

Challenge 9 Results!
There were an absolute ton of quality proposals, making it really hard trying to select and rank the best.

A great idea alone is worth a lot in One Sentence Competition. So is a well-presented proposal. Our top finishers boasted a combo of each, and in such a crowded field many medal-worthy entries are sadly going unrewarded.

Bronze Medal
(1 point)
sEPgrGFJeDD3XGVUA758oj6re_nJrb8FyhXbhGCpbuhJ_sJgKKyXF4KqkCFVbdIgprvyYsTreqRq8KlqopxDdqWrWs4gLeyUIfkim6JaFntgSE9rSozwxDlM73_OHUYWpPPhNa9v

A fun incorporation of the Olympics into Tokyo Disney that would sure to be a hit!

Silver Medal
(2 points)
wEklu-6IhM9QKjbFrGsDgUva9FMwIbzKOQhd6NMY3yWKg-RYHemB9_8Nfm5bBYGxYhdzQ2GfmpV3tHXcjdJsr80HFm-7p3IQSfdO_tE9h0ePU1pRCrqlYIsgaRh7S8kR60LpJSMK

@DisneyFan18 with “Walt Disney’s World Expo”

An interesting festival that is sure to be exciting and original to Tokyo Disneyland.

Gold Medal
(3 points)
voBEeo4y2CKvlj89CMc8hjFJhR4MNprO27M5MUeIKUFQRZf9xkXLru5wyAaG-6gg34Mw6dVKxjnJGSl-ds0oNxqZn7ohH421hSs54OEhTg0lY3TkcqoXMjZATAhYL_v69BC6SlPJ

@michmousefan with “Festivals of the Seasons”

An original idea for a festival incorporating fun characters with a unique theme.

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated! Good luck with Challenge 10, posted at midnight!

Points will be posted soon!
Wow, thanks. Humbled.

FireMountain

Guardians of the Galaxy: Escape from the Water Planet!
guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-2.jpg

Coming soon to Port Discovery is this all new, thrilling attraction using the SFX Coaster system by Dynamic Attractions. The Milano has crash-landed onto a mysterious planet submerged in water, complete with underwater society, who are very hostile towards the Guardians. So hop into your escape pod, blast some 80s tunes, battle their leader in an epic finale, and get outta there!

Bonus: Fantasmic will be replaced by S.E.A: Unite! An all new night spectacular about the members of S.E.A traveling across several realms, fighting a giant evil threatening to destroy the world.

Last edited:

mharrington

Iron Man Experience
A new version of the simulator ride from Hong Kong is being added to Tokyo DisneySea, replacing the Finding Nemo simulator at Port Discovery. Here, Tony Stark's business has expanded to ocean exploration, but Hydra forces are attacking Tokyo via the ocean to flood. Now it's up to Stark and the guests to stop Hydra.

Bonus: Replacing "Fantasmic" is the return of "BraviSEAmo", known as "BraviSEAmo: Ocean's Light", similar to the old show as before, but now more of a hydrotechnic show, similar to "World of Color" and "Rivers of Light".

mharrington

Disneylover152: With NBC owning the rights to the Olympics, it’s almost a given the Tokyo Universal Resort is going to have some type of experience, and this festival would definitely drive people away from that. Goofy seems like a perfect fit as well since he is, well, Goofy! It seems like a great idea for a festival, and the idea of Olympic sports around the park would definitely be interesting and engaging. I personally love the canoe races in the Rivers of America (if they are called that there). I really love this idea that incorporates a fab five with a real world event! Great work!

DisneyForever: Because Tokyo Universal Resort will probably eventually have something Olympic about it, this festival seems like something that would draw fans to Tokyo Disneyland. Goofy is a perfect fit, not just because he's Goofy, but because he's really fun to put with sports. Olympic Sports around the park would be cool, it would be fun to see some actual "competitions" with the sports. I think it's so cool to add a Disney character into an actual event, one like sports and the Olympics. Overall, you've done a great job of creating a great festival!! Keep it up!!

Bonus: Sounds like an interesting parade. I would love to know more about it seperatly! +1.

Actually, the Universal resort in Japan is in Osaka, not Japan. And yes, it is called the Rivers of America.

DisneyFan18

Captain America: The Hydra Archives

View attachment 282650

Besides Soarin', DisneySEA will receive another spectacular addition in time for the park's 20th Anniversary, in September 4, 2021, which will be located in the parking lot right next to Toy Story Mania, as an expansion to American Waterfront, and it will be themed around Captain America; starting in Summer 2021 guests will be able to enjoy Captain America: The Hydra Archives!

Captain America: The Hydra Archives will be a motorcycle coaster similar to Tron Lightcycle Power Run, however it will be an extended version, that takes you on a thrilling adventure set between The Winter Soldier & Civil War, and with the help of VR, you'll be able to help the Avengers by throwing a shield at enemies in one of the slower paced scenes.

This amazing coaster, will transport guests to one of the abandoned Hydra facilities, where Captain America, Black Widow, Falcon, & Scarlet Witch are trying to find any leads on Crossbones, however it might not be as abandoned as the superheroes thought, which will lead to a thrilling high-speed chase, where AAs of the Avengers together with special effects will create a fan favorite experience.

Bonus:
Windows of the World, a brand new Nightime spectacular coming to DisneySEA, that with the help of specifical effects, pyrotechnics, a unique soundtrack, and physical sets will create one of the most magical lagoon shows. Windows of the World, starting in Summer 2021, will marvel guests with a trip around the world with the help of your favorite Disney Characters, Elsa's Ice powers will be the standout of the show.

Done! It was inexplicably hard to find a picture of Captain America ins his motorcycle!

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Hey guys, the reviews & next challenge will be posted

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

Today was a big kahuna for me. I won an award at school and I had to attend a ceremony longer than expected AND my power went out and I am currently using my phone to type this (thank god for the fuel rod I bought at Disneyland).

As a result, if you would like to post a proposal, you will have ~11 more hours to do so. Due at 11am EST.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 10
CRITIQUES

Before we review the Challenge #10 Proposals, we would like to say how impressed we are with everyone's proposals! They are all really great!

Every single proposal was unique in their own way, but three really stood out to us.

Also, the detail category has been renamed to “The Big Picture” due to the confusion over the “Detail” category and also that name fits what we want more. Also, please note that while those categories have factors in the medals, the main thing we choose is the concept.

We are so sorry the reviews came out so late.

Good luck to you all and we cannot wait to see what you all come up with next!

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@DisneyFan18 with “Captain America: The Hydra Archives”
Disneylover152: Disney loves giving overlays to current ride systems, like Radiator Springs and Test Track. This seems like a something similar to this. The TRON Coaster is a really great design, and while other theme parks around the world have this style roller coaster, this seems like it would be a hit! The only part I don’t like is how it will be a VR coaster. The use of VR will slow down the ride a lot, so it would make more sense to just make it screens (like Toy Story Midway Mania) for the beginning section. But overall this is a wonderful coaster with a cool & unique story. Great work!

DisneyForever: Utilizing a new ride system is something that needs to be done more often. Other than duplicating, the system fits! I like how you are also incorporating VR with a fresh ride system, while also adding some classic AA’s. I think that the whole story is fantastic, I could see it blending The Winter Soldier and Civil War, and I think it would look visually wonderful. Mixing a high-speed coaster into a slow ride fits well, too. I’m wondering if we’d actually throw shields at the enemies. Although, this doesn’t seem like a “kid-friendly” ride experience. Not all rollercoasters are, though. Going through Hydra facilities, I can visualize the fast paced experience. I think that, overall, this ride seems very fun, high-paced, and adventurous yet thrilling, blending (other systems and interactions), and slow-paced. Great job!!

Bonus: Sounds like a wonderful and unique nighttime spectacular! Love it. +1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom