One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 2

Which format of One Sentence Comp do you prefer?

• The original format (prompts due at 11:59, prompts posted at midnight, reviews following day @ 6pm

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The current format (prompts due at 8:59, reviews posted @ 11pm, prompt at midnight

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@mharrington with “Mickey’s Wonder House”

Disneylover152: As mentioned before, Hong Kong Disneyland is in desperate need for more dark rides! This sounds like a great addition. Hong Kong doesn’t have any Mickey experiences, like a Toontown or a ride, so this could bring the mouse to this park! But as you mentioned, the ghosts part of the attraction would have to be removed with Chinese culture. But the entire experience with you going through a funhouse and you having to find something, would be a great ride! Maybe it could be modified to Chip and Dale getting lost in the fun house and you having to find them? Wonderful work!

DisneyForever: This is another dark ride that could help Hong Kong Disneyland with it's "dark ride problem". Hong Kong currently doesn't have a Mickey-themed attractions, or his house for that matter, so this would be a great addition. It's too bad that the Lonesome Ghosts would have to be removed because of the Chinese Culture. Aside from that, everything in this fun house could distract them from the ghosts. I have a suggestion like @Disneylover152 had, why don't you have classic Disney villains trying to take over the house and you having to try and stop them? Overall, nice job!!

Bonus: Disney Sea’s electric railway seems like a great addition, but redundant with the Hong Kong Disneyland train. +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@TwighlightZone with “Woody’s Roundup”

Disneylover152: Woody is one of my favorite characters from any Disney/Pixar movie, so having a whole attraction based on him would be fantastic. I just don't see how the log flume aspect would fit, but I'm sure it would get there somehow. Everything seems like something Andy would do, which helps with the whole Andy's backyard feel. The premise of this ride really goes along with Toy Story 4, so maybe this could be like a little promotion? Great work!!

DisneyForever: COMING SOON!

Bonus: The Skyway!!!!!! Welcome addition, although concerned about sightlines. +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Challenge 11 Results!
There were an absolute ton of quality proposals, making it really hard trying to select and rank the best.

A great idea alone is worth a lot in One Sentence Competition. So is a well-presented proposal. Our top finishers boasted a combo of each, and in such a crowded field many medal-worthy entries are sadly going unrewarded.

Bronze Medal
(1 point)
ulptpO4SHzveBbcdnOA8rYUvfV5DJ7Kqm3RDRw4hhnicul09ZNH6rU-RzfIzzU5pPMxKopDgh8m6grlXjJVWzKZriXPldCNDxhrzTX442L8mGcQPFf6yZwjf7AjupYY501I2fgnR

@mharrington with “Mickey’s Wonder House”

A great addition to the park bringing Mickey Mouse to the park for a dark ride capturing… something!

Silver Medal
(2 points)
Rvn4g_Ruo2uQlMD5ZC__5g8kg9x5v17twztc6kdy4mgkIdjUlX3I78nxtRh_pwEMiXKgKJSv0AjSf9NN_jdDppgWo7f8WL8hw4bv3pVLKkePhPWhBPUKWQRPoX3h4xUG4xsFlfqJ

@gonzoWDW with “Sid’s Shuttle”

A great coaster addition to the park with an interesting, original story that will bring great theming!

Gold Medal
(3 points)
6dLwWmIXKAZyjY95h3YHIb6wxe1FmUlRNpOb-b7XJ4gtf9hzkEummOUHYgtUQ88N-_S2BlVhxq5M5itfnqNPbZfJZg3hdpIGypaXpuI36ShqlaQIwQTUWxkvpk9O_Y_xfr2CwFo4

@michmousefan with “Indiana Jones and the Fury of the Forbidden River”

A combination flume ride with a great IP creates this mysterious attraction that I would love to ride!.​

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated! Good luck with Challenge 12, posted at midnight!

Points will be posted soon!

DisneyFan18

@DisneyFan18 with “Merida’s Highland Games”

Disneylover152: You went around the “no new lands rule” with having a themed area. Clever, lol. Merida’s Highland Games sounds like a really fun and high-tech attraction. I like the idea of having a Merida inspired shooting attraction, but it might be a little redundant with the Ant Man ride across the park in Tomorrowland. I just don’t understand the VR concept. If it’s VR, then why is their Animatronics and physical sets. Nobody will see them with the attraction being VR? It’s a great idea, but the combination of VR and practical sets just confuses me. I just don’t get how it would work. Feel free to explain it to me. But nevertheless, wonderful work!

DisneyForever: COMING SOON!

Bonus: This is an original transportation system, with it not taking up as much space as others and with it being very fast! +1.
After further thought, I realized I have been confusing terms all this time, and I'm actually thinking of Augment reality, something similar to what the Mario Kart attraction is supposed to do... Sorry for the confusion

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Challenge 12
Shanghai Disneyland

MkUcghTgoWAFcxuA3W8Jmdh5oo7N-28EJFlV0KT59MxPFI1T2YtJE2ngHjsYYAQEG1g1QmH-lJGXWOdV4FuVGwCDk8hvznmhbRrFHZEgB9yaZxw6lCDUi3RqR4j15-nObk3BD3rp

Welcome to Shanghai Disneyland. The biggest of the Magic Kingdom style parks, as well as the newest. This park was the only park created during Bob Iger’s time as CEO, for now. This park beautifully combines Disney with Chinese culture. The park hosts classic Disney attractions that are high-tech and build for the 21st century, such as the new Pirates of the Caribbean- Battle for Sunken Treasure or Peter Pan’s Flight.

-Background Information-
Disney just recently opened Toy Story Land, the park’s first expansion. While the park doesn’t need new experiences as much as other parks do. But it would be nice to bring something classic Disney to the park to balance out the new with the old!

Shanghai Disneyland is a great park, and with it just recently opening Toy Story Land, the park doesn't need many new experiences as much as other parks do. But it would be nice to bring something family friendly, yet thrilling to this park to create another E-ticket. And what's a better than a coaster?

-Challenge-
Your task is to add a new roller coaster to any land in the park. The coaster must have a story to it and must be themed to an IP. The coaster must also feature fully practical effects. But other than that, you are free to create as you wish!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 8:59pm EST. Critiques will come following at 11pm EST.

-Bonus-
Add a never built Disney attraction (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_attractions_that_were_never_built?scrlybrkr=084110d3) to the park! Tell us where it would be placed and what attraction it will be. It must fit the theme of the area it is. So if you are taking the Candy Mountain attraction, it wouldn’t work because a giant candy mountain doesn’t fit the forest/storybook village vibe the land has. Also, no modifications can be made to the attraction. Failure to do any of this will result in a lack of a bonus point! :O

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Creativity- Is it creative?
“The Big Picture”- Do you make the most of your sentences allotted? Do I understand what your submission is about? Do you mention the beginning and end of the ride?
Realism- Is it (generally) realistic? Is it something Disney will/could build? Are there patents related to your submission?
Theme- Does it fit thematically? Does it fit visually?
Originality- Is it original?
Effort- Is effort shown?

-Reminders-
This prompt will be a points prompt. As a reminder, everyone who submits something as well as follows the rules will get 1 point. 3 awards are given for each challenge. The three awards are Bronze (+1 points), Silver (+2 points), and Gold (+3 points). Everyone who submits gets a point, but Bronze, Silver, and Gold winners get additional points.

Reminder that prompts are due at 8:59pm EST. Reviews come at 11pm EST with the next prompt coming at Midnight EST.

IP stands for Intellectual Property.

Follow the rules, posted here!

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Now go imagineer!

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
4e4dfb80.jpg

This inverted indoor roller coaster will be a reimagining of the one in wdw, first the train will snake through toad hall, go in a loop at the barn, do several twists through town, go through another loop in court, another twist in jail, then a quick escape through a hole in the wall, going through a house, then getting slammed by a train which will cause the train to hurdle backwards like the mummy at univeral, and then quickly hurdle forwards through hell, which will end in a giant forward facing drop.
Bonus:
Villain ride (10/10 most creative name ever) will be placed in fantasyland.

DisneyFan18

Indiana Jones and the Serpent Temple

INDY.png

Disneyland's Shanghai next E-Ticket coaster will be located in Adventureland, in order to balance the coasters within the park, because Shanghai's two coasters are located in the west side of the park, and it will be themed around Indiana Jones; Indiana Jones and the Serpent Temple is set to open in Summer 2022.

Get ready for the most thrilling Indiana Jones attraction ever built, as it will take you through the ruins of the Serpent Temple, where you'll come face to face with a giant Quetzalcóatl statue AA, be chased by a boulder, run from horde of snakes, and meet with Indiana Jones himself. Indiana Jones and the Serpent Temple will use a similar ride system to Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, therefore you'll be thrown backwards as you're escaping from the Giant Boulder.

Bonus:
Time Racers, a high-tech thrill ride about fast-forwarding through history, is going to set Shanghai's Tomorrowland from the others, as to will be one of the most impressive attraction ever designed, as we're learning from the past how to build a great big beautiful tomorrow.

Last edited:

mharrington

Hyperspace Mountain
The Star Wars-stylized version of Space Mountain comes to Shanghai, not as a mere overlay, but as an attraction right from the get-go themed to Star Wars. This basically is like the original Star Tours, but as a roller coaster, and with different starships than the StarSpeeder 3000, as you wind up in the middle of a battle between the Rebellion and the Empire.

Bonus: Jungle Jeep Expedition Co., a land-based version of the Jungle Cruise to have been done for the Paris resort, will be added to Adventure Isle.

FireMountain

The Monster's Inc. Door Express!
Monsters-Inc.-Door-Chase.jpg

Coming soon to Tomorrowland is an all-new, single rail, inverted coaster by B&M themed to Monster'
s Incorporated. You have won a contest on a cereal box, and you're being sent on a VIP tour of the Laugh Floor's "Door Warehouse". However, the company didn't think of a calm ride when designing it, so strap onto your door and hold on tight

Bonus: Speaking of coasters, Animal Kingdom's never-built Dragon's Tower attraction will be coming soon to Fantasyland!

Last edited:

gonzoWDW

The Pagemaster's Passage
Visitors explore the Pagemaster's Legendary Library, where they board one of the repository's fine trolleys (Mythology, Adventure, Science, and Fiction) for a peaceful tour through the vaulted halls of this cathedral of knowledge; the journey begins simply enough as the vehicle ascends to the top of the highest bookshelf in search of a specially requested volume, but this all changes when the Pagemaster bangs his staff against the floor.

Fantasy comes to life as our adventurers are sucked into the very stories they have come to know, where they corkscrew their way through Charibdys - the infamous whirlpool - before being spat out at sea, only to plunge into the belly of an AA Moby Dick, within whom guests wind their way through the monster's intestinal tract (via highly themed tunnel) until they are blinded by a flash of light! The Pagemaster has transported our heroes to a mountaintop, where they face an AA dragon that appears to hunt them as they traverse the final three show rooms, before defeating the monster and arriving in the checkout line, to befuddled looks from a confused Mr. Dewey.

Bonus - The Rocketeer in Tomorrowland

michmousefan

The Runaway Cannonball
PearlBattle.jpg

The first rollercoaster themed to Pirates makes its debut at Shanghai Disneyland. Riders will literally launch through a giant cannon before careening past (and through) set pieces, jungle, colonial towns, and even under the water's surface itself as the ride vehicles are themed to a cannonball enhanced with black magic. An elaborate queue featuring Captain Jack Sparrow will set the story and prepare riders for an adventure, but lots of surprises (not to mention drops and launches) await the brave explorers.

Bonus: Herbie the Love Bug Ride debuts in Fantasyland.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 12
CRITIQUES

Before we review the Challenge #12 Proposals, we would like to say how impressed we are with everyone's proposals! They are all really great!

Every single proposal was unique in their own way, but three really stood out to us.

Also, the detail category has been renamed to “The Big Picture” due to the confusion over the “Detail” category and also that name fits what we want more. Also, please note that while those categories have factors in the medals, the main thing we choose is the concept.

Good luck to you all and we cannot wait to see what you all come up with next for the final competition!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom