One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That's a link to the first One Sentence Contest. Same with your other post today.
I can't even begin to fathom how that happened. It said the right URL when I checked earlier. And I haven't gone to the first one sentence contest thread in a while and possibly never on my phone? Truly baffling lol

Should be fixed now!

Suchomimus

Blog%20-%20WDSP%20GMR%202.png

ThemeParkPriest

-Challenge-
Pitch a new Enhanced Meet & Greet (like Enchanted Tales with Belle) or Small Walkthrough Attraction to better utilize the former Pixar Place area
Aladdin and the Cave of Wonders
The-Genie-Aladdin-3327252140.jpg

Upon entering the treasure-filled Cave of Wonders, Genie (voiced from the 1992 Aladdin tapes of the actor who transformed the art of cartoon movie voices–the late Robin Williams) is released from the lamp and begins to entertain guests. In an act similar to the interactive Turtle Talk with Crush, guests can voice the wish they want Genie to grant, although he always has the right retort (e.g. “That’s against the rules! You can’t wish for more wishes!”). Following time with the Genie, the throne room opens up allowing guests to meet and have their pictures taken with Aladdin and Jasmine.

Bonus: A Rex (from Toy Story) Meet-and-Greet at Hollywood Studios would be quite a fun experience for me (I guess they already have him on a Disney Cruise line)!
1703640192393.png

Evilgidgit

KINGDOM HEARTS: TRIALS OF THE KEYBLADE
disney-square-enix-kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix-sora-goofy-donald.jpg
Pixar Place becomes a Kingdom Hearts-themed area, based on Disney and Square Enix's signature gaming franchise, opening an interactive adventure walkthrough, akin to the "Power-Up Band Key Challenges" at USJ's Super Nintendo World.

Armed with interactive magical Keyblades (purchasable or rental), guests venture through the halls of the ruined Hollow Bastion, aiding our heroes Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, Goofy, and King Mickey, as they try to quell the evil Heartless and rescue the seven Princesses of Heart (i.e. Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Alice, and Sora's friend Kairi) from their clutches.

Guests can use their Keyblades to solve puzzles or unlock special effects within each room and win minigames against the Heartless, aided by Sora's friends, whilst having planned M&Gs with the various Disney characters as they encourage you to follow your hearts to the light.

BONUS: Darby O'Gill and King Brian -- Take a step back in time to a forgotten world of folklore and fairies, meeting the cheery trickster Darby O'Gill and the small but clever King Brian of Knocknasheega, in a musical encounter with an Celtic flair.

** I don't intend on just using obscure/third party franchises throughout this competition XD

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Inside Out-Side
wbrqkfmsk6p6gsm8qytn.jpg

Re-themed to the streets of San Francisco (and an homage to the former Streets of America), the exterior of the former Pixar Place blends in with the California-inspired architecture of Disney's Hollywood Studios. However, 'inside' travel through a walkthrough of your own emotions, and travel through the confines of your brain, seeing how different emotions reflect your day to day life. At the end of the walk-through, a meet and greet with the characters from Inside Out awaits you.

Bonus:
3nzbc52gqj531.jpg

Near Animation Courtyard, a Danny DeVito (Phil) meet-and-greet is installed offering guests the opportunity to meet with one of their favorite characters from the Disney Renaissance

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
1703795875384.png
OSWALD SQUARE

Welcome to Oswald Square, the character "neighborhood" of the Walt Disney Studios land, in which (as an ode to Disney100) you can find references to every single Disney animated film, in the form of wall art, food, walk-around characters, and more. Designed as a hidden recreational corner for the Burbank animators, the nostalgic street features square patches of grass and shady trees, reminiscent of the lost legend that is Disney's studio in Burbank. The main attraction is the black-and-white exhibit Oswald Reanimated, featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, where you can view his history and meet him up close and personal in his very own Disney World meet.

BONUS: Meet Wall-E at World Nature
Someone Built a Real-Life Working WALL-E

Now at Epcot, you can meet the famous loving robot Wall-E (operated by a cast member disguised as a guest), who rolls around World Nature to greet guests!

Suchomimus

Santa Cecilia Plaza
pinatas-coco.png_1884436759.png

Replacing the whole of Pixar Place is Santa Cecilia; an interactive walkthrough attraction that showcases Miguel's hometown of Santa Cecilia in an eternal Dias de Muerto. Built as an indoor attraction where the sky reflects the real outdoor time, Santa Cecilia Plaza offers food and festivities of Mexican traditions, and at night the town's folk honors and celebrates their ancestors, who can be seen as augmented projections watching over their family and exploring the town.
Bonus: Hector
20180414_114339-1523733152473-XL.jpg

Found at the Riveria's home and brought to life (pun not intended) through augmented reality, Hector is sure to entertain any and all guests who come to visit.

Last edited:

Lizzy May Bee

ACTUALLY Pixar Place
7ECBD59F-0CEE-4942-8F8C-3E49AE78D32B.jpeg

Instead of just being The Incredibles 2, this new meet & greet would feature an interchanging rotation of mascot characters from Pixar’s history, from Woody to Mei Lee, situated in a small set that could be changed to match the current character(s) on display.
Bonus
Bring back those goofy looking Phineas and Ferb mascots to California Adventure.

Monsters Inc Door Warehouse
Monster doors.jpeg

Hollywood Studios has been in desperate need of a place for smaller children to run around and burn off some energy while their parents can have a break ever sense Honey I Shrunk Kids playground shut down. With one half of the street that used to be Pixar Place transformed into a kids play space themed to Monsters Incs giant door warehouse and the other filled with door benches and plenty of upright doors for the perfect instagram photo, this former dead end becomes a perfect rest and recharge area for the whole family. There is even a stand run by the Abominable Snowman to help refuel with drinks, filling snacks, and even lemon (and non-lemon) snowcones.

Bonus:

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is coming soon to Main Street Theater replacing Tinkerbell to have both of Walts boys together again at last.

Solaris Knight

Villain’s Vale

1703811550390.png

Acting as a replacement for Villains in Vogue, this walkthrough attraction takes guests into the world of the Disney Villains, rotating between meet and greet eras biweekly. These meet and greets are sorted Pre Renaissance, Renaissance, and post-Renaissance, as well as Rare Ruffians, a miscellaneous slot for live-action, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, etcetera. There is also a retail and food component to act as a permanent Disney version of a Universal Tribute Store and a Halloween center year-round for those who embrace the darker side of the magic.

Bonus: Grid Connections
1703812271800.png

Adjacent to Tron Lightcycle Power Run is a meet and greet location for Tron characters to add more to the story of the attraction, including Tron, Rinzler, and Quorra.

cdunlap

Ancient Treasures is a walkthrough attraction taking guests through a soundstage filming an action-adventure film about an archaeologist who seeks real ancient treasures around the world. Guests go through scenes of Easter Island and its heads, the Great Wall of China on a dark, wolf-infested night, a Stonehenge on the Winter Solstice, a perilously high hill with the Dead Sea Caves and their scrolls inside perched above jagged rock, a storm at the Indigenous cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde, an earthquake at a Greco-Roman palace, the Sphinx and a nearby haunt of desert bandits that attack guests, the discovery of the Rosetta Stone during a Napoleonic Battle, a shark-infested shipwreck, an Indian chamber with ancient, demonic carvings, an Inca burial chamber filled with “toxic vapors”, a Roman mosaic depicting the Labyrinth of myth, a cursed Egyptian tomb filled with mummies, a lost Mayan city in the jungle infested with dangerous arthropods, the Terracotta Army in a collapsing chamber, a scarab-infested Egyptian throne room, a cave filled with pre-historic paintings and modern-day bears, an Aztec crystal skull amongst the skulls of humans, the treasure of the Inca protected by poison dart shooting masks, T-Rex fossils on a high mountain during a strong wind storm, the mosquito-infested Tomb of Tutankhamen, and a crashed UFO with some extraterrestrial figures.

DisneyManOne

The Zone

2020-soul-22-people-in-flow.jpg

Inspired by Pixar's 2020 hit Soul, The Zone allows you to enter the Great Before and get in touch with what makes you, well, you. Travel through an interactive queue, where, much in the same style as the Scuttle game in MK's Little Mermaid ride, you'll get your own chance to help souls get in "the zone" and do what they like doing best. And when you reach the queue's end and come back to reality, you'll get to have a meet 'n' greet with Joe Gardner in his apartment.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1703395730663-png.760143

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
Valiant & Valiant Detective Agency
Passing under a door marked with these words on the façade of a newly constructed building between the showbuildings of TSM and MMRR, you enter a fresh experience for any Disney theme park—an escape room (with appointments booked on Genie+) themed to the Toon-centric business of Eddie Valiant, Private Eye (It definitely wouldn't be an upcharge, Joe...right? [Joe's eyes shift uneasily...]). Depending on the final size of the building constructed, multiple escape room experiences could be included here, or they could be seasonally swapped out; the classic Roger Rabbit story is a good starting point, with Judge Doom trapping guests in various rooms with interactive effects (DIP!!! Toon Weapons!!!) as they try to work out the mystery of Cloverleaf Industries. Other experiences could include a tie-in to the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (modern version) or any Disney animated IP that logically resides in "Toontown"; this would require relocating the Roger Rabbit easter egg located near Hollywood & Vine.

View attachment 760148

BONUS: I want to meet Long John Silver from Treasure Planet, with a mechanical arm that can perform multiple functions! He greets people in the post-show for the Treasure Planet attraction that replaces Stitch's Great Escape!
I love the idea of getting to solve a mystery of sorts in the Roger Rabbit universe! A Disney themed escape room sounds like so much fun! I still honestly can't believe this isn't a thing. I'm skeptical as to how well it would work in the parks with the volume of people coming through. Especially with them being free (which I do love, I hate how much of Galaxy's Edge feels like upcharges to get the full experience). Would definitely be booked up month in advance. I love how this would fit the theme of Hollywood Studios while serving as a good transition to the more fantastical worlds of the back half of the park. Really the only issue is that I feel it would work better practically at Springs even if thematically it fits Studios like a glove.

+1 Bonus - Long John Silver
Ducktales Adventure Haven

Pixar Place has been turned into the city of Duckburg from the popular TV show Ducktales, we see the large moneybin looming over the area as this is the facade for the enchanced meet and greet.

We enter the moneybin as we go through the different rooms of the building and different artifacts from the series as we get closer to the meet and greet.

We see Scrooge as a full scale animatronic walking back and forth as he is trying to figure out what his new adventure will be and greets us as we enter, we then see Magica De Spell’s shadows start to attack Scrooge as he fights them off and eventually wins, we then can get a few pictures and an autograph from this state of the art animatronic.

Bonus:
A FNAF meet and greet at anywhere
Ducktales! Woohoo!

At this point, Ducktales as a brand transcends either show and is just a great extension of the classic Disney Mickey & Friends toon universe. The fact that despite this there is no real ducktales presence at any of the parks beyond the game at epcot is insane to me. A fun walkthrough of the money bin followed by a little show/meet & greet is a perfect way to do it! Between the Living Character Initiative that they did a few years ago and the free roaming prototypes like Baby Groot and the recently unveiled Duke of Weselton I don't think an animatronic Scrooge M&G is outside the realm of possibility. Autographs might be a bit of a stretch at this point, but technology is constantly evolving and Studios is definitely the kind of park they'd use to test a prototype like this

+1 Bonus - FNAF-tastic
View attachment 760171
Guests approach a 7’ tall hedge with entrance and exits clearly marked, and as they make their way through the maze, they’ll find life-sized fiberglass representations of their favorite Pixar characters. If they encounter a dead end, an audio-animatronic Pixar character will come to life with a verbal clue to point them in the right direction. A perfect combination of walk-through attraction, “meet and greet” photo op, and find-your-way-out game.

BONUS: I propose a meet and greet with Goofy as a Star Wars character in Galaxy's Edge.
View attachment 760172
A simple maze with fun characters there to show you the way, a simple A-Ticket to round out Studios without taking up much space. Plus, Florida is lacking in the hedge maze department compared to some of the international parks. And Studios could use the greenery to help liven up the place a bit. Maybe not the most exciting idea, nothing that is gonna get put on a billboard on I-4. But a very solid addition

+1 Bonus - I miss Darth Goofy
Lounge of the Lesser Known
View attachment 760175

Hey, Joe, remember The Black Cauldron, or The Rescuers, or The Great Mouse Detective, or Meet the Robinsons? I think the former Incredibles space should be turned into an alley for these lesser-known Disney characters that should get some attention. There will be a meet and greet space akin to Belle at MK where guests can play interactive games and mingle around with a rotating cast of characters from all of Disney‘s least successful/talked about films (examples include Basil, Milo from Atlantis, the cow from Home on the Range, and characters from package films, characters rotate every week), as well as a kiosk where you can get food and drinks themed to some of the characters from the aforementioned films.

Bonus:
View attachment 760178

I, personally, would love to see a meet and greet with Sora from Kingdom Hearts at WDW; where, I’m not sure (maybe DHS).​
A rotating cast of lesser known and more obscure characters would be a lot fun! Plus, the less popular characters wouldn't draw too huge of crowds so they could spend more time actually playing with and interacting with the kids. Its a great idea! I just wish there was a framing device. An animation studio, a nightclub for forgotten toons, a bit of the wasteland from Epic Mickey. What is the place setting for them meeting? What ties these disparate themes together? What you have is fantastic and just "obscure character meet and greet" is a strong premise without anything else. A setting or theme would elevate the idea even higher though

+1 Bonus - Yay Sora!
boxart_8087c17c-b55b-4883-81b5-2ce1eb0cd1e6.png
Mobile Suit Gundam: Mercurial Brew of the Witch

This area is a sort of “Gundam Base” for Orlando/Kissimee, with that “Disney touch” added to the brew for consistent spice to make it worth the while of those who’ve visited the original base; this area is specifically themed to the Ad Stella timeline, to the point of having a 1/12 scale Gundam Aerial on display, with Suletta, Miorine, and their friends all avaliable for meet and greets, but of course you can also buy some Gunpla when you’re there including some stuff otherwise exclusive to P-Bandai, once again mostly the Ad Stella stuff but also a few others, and there may even be completely exclusive items, and indeed the irony does not go un-commented on.

Bonus: How about a meetable Hekapoo from SVTFOE?
I'm gonna assume this is awesome! I know that gundams are robots, that is the extent of how familiar I am with gundam. You spend a lot of time here talking details and lore of gundam that will be included, but when you're working with a more niche franchise ya gotta keep in mind that the people reading what you write might not know what you're talking about. That being said, I really do appreciate and admire the clear passion on display here and that you went all in on something you love!

*Doing some quick googling*

Alright, yup. This would indeed be awesome. Robots are awesome

+1 Bonus - Heckapoo!
The Pixar Story
View attachment 760217

While the area is called "Pixar Place", it mainly focuses on just one Pixar movie in The Incredibles, instead of all the great movies Pixar has released and the story of how it came to be. Replacing the area is The Pixar Story, a new walkthrough dedicated to the history of Pixar from the birth of the company, all the way up to sneak peeks at their latest releases, complete with interviews from former animators, props and sketches used from the various movies, and more to tell the full story. Paired up with Walt Disney Presents just across the way, the two walk throughs give guests a thorough look into the history of so many beloved Disney Animated movies throughout history in a small area of Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Bonus: I would love for the human sized Muppets Costumes to come back to Grand Avenue to meet because even though they look so insane but I also love them haha
View attachment 760219
I love the idea of turning that area of the park into a sort of museum mini-land! Studios used to have more small walkthrough showcasing props and behind the scenes details and histories of different films and filmmaking techniques. Almost all of them are gone now. A new one dedicated to Pixar serving as a sister attraction to One Man's Dream is brilliant! Not to mention the symmetry of Walt Disney Presents next to the Mickey ride/Animation Courtyard and the Pixar Story next to Toy Story Land. There's a very nice flow there. Add in a preview theater and you have some good synergy to make the Joe Disneys of the world happy too.

+1 Bonus - Is that a Pal Mickey on that girl's belt? Awesome!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1703395730663-png.760143

4★Town Karaoke Panda Party!

View attachment 760191
Mei Lee from the Pixar movie Turning Red (in her red panda form) makes her stateside parks debut in this rousing karaoke dance party. Join in the fun as 4★Town brings down the house with their greatest hits!
Honestly baffling to me that this hasn't happened yet. It's simple, it's engaging for kids, it's cheap, it's high energy, it's fun! Pixar designed a character who canonically gives great hugs and takes photos with kids like a mascot, and yet they have barely been seen in any of the parks (not at all at WDW unless I'm mistaken. Can't believe this isn't a real thing lol
The Magic of Disney Animation
View attachment 760245
A new version of the former attraction of the same name, the Magic of Disney Animation is a unique combination of walkthrough, theatrical show, and interactive post-show. The fun begins with a short film introducing the animation process, hosted by Jodi Benson - who is urged by Mickey Mouse, calling over to her from a piece of paper on an animator's desk, to star alongside him in a new production, and with a bit of Disney magic becomes an animated character herself! From there, guests travel through a number of sets depicting various steps in the making of an animated movie, with Jodi and Mickey (switching back and forth between hand-drawn, CGI, and stop-motion) appearing on video monitors and projected on the walls and the chance to paint animated backgrounds, add music to a scene, and even "animate" Jodi and Mickey yourself.

BONUS: As far as characters who don't already have meet and greets in the parks go, a meet and greet with Bagheera from The Jungle Book would be cool.
Turning the Art of Animation into a really cool an unique walkthrough exhibit that captures what made the original so great while evolving it for the modern era. Blending the classic studio theme with the current theme of stepping into the movies. A fun show focusing on Mickey and a Disney legend! Even kinda taking the best bits from the old Narnia walkthroughs from that corner of the park. I honestly really love this sort of walk through show concept! My only very very slight concern is that this is the kind of idea that could use more space to expand into a bigger deal. It's a great concept that I want to see more of! But wanting to see more of something is a very good problem to have lol.

+1 Bonus - Bagheera!
Not related to the comp but I thought to give everyone a share of Walt Disney Studio's Centennial in case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

I realize this isn't a submission, but honestly just a walkthrough version of this short would not have been a bad idea lol
Aladdin and the Cave of Wonders
View attachment 760502

Upon entering the treasure-filled Cave of Wonders, Genie (voiced from the 1992 Aladdin tapes of the actor who transformed the art of cartoon movie voices–the late Robin Williams) is released from the lamp and begins to entertain guests. In an act similar to the interactive Turtle Talk with Crush, guests can voice the wish they want Genie to grant, although he always has the right retort (e.g. “That’s against the rules! You can’t wish for more wishes!”). Following time with the Genie, the throne room opens up allowing guests to meet and have their pictures taken with Aladdin and Jasmine.

Bonus: A Rex (from Toy Story) Meet-and-Greet at Hollywood Studios would be quite a fun experience for me (I guess they already have him on a Disney Cruise line)!
View attachment 760503.
Turtle Talk with Genie is not a bad concept at all. The Cave of Wonders might seem out of place at Studios, but Genie's reference filled and very "Hollywood" feeling style ground this tonally in a way that fits the park very nicely. using actual audio clips is a fun touch too. Not sure the practicality of that for a digital puppet interacting with audiences live. But if that could work it would be a lot of fun

+1 Bonus - Rex
KINGDOM HEARTS: TRIALS OF THE KEYBLADE
disney-square-enix-kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix-sora-goofy-donald.jpg
Pixar Place becomes a Kingdom Hearts-themed area, based on Disney and Square Enix's signature gaming franchise, opening an interactive adventure walkthrough, akin to the "Power-Up Band Key Challenges" at USJ's Super Nintendo World.

Armed with interactive magical Keyblades (purchasable or rental), guests venture through the halls of the ruined Hollow Bastion, aiding our heroes Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, Goofy, and King Mickey, as they try to quell the evil Heartless and rescue the seven Princesses of Heart (i.e. Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Alice, and Sora's friend Kairi) from their clutches.

Guests can use their Keyblades to solve puzzles or unlock special effects within each room and win minigames against the Heartless, aided by Sora's friends, whilst having planned M&Gs with the various Disney characters as they encourage you to follow your hearts to the light.

BONUS: Darby O'Gill and King Brian -- Take a step back in time to a forgotten world of folklore and fairies, meeting the cheery trickster Darby O'Gill and the small but clever King Brian of Knocknasheega, in a musical encounter with an Celtic flair.

** I don't intend on just using obscure/third party franchises throughout this competition XD
Kingdom Hearts! I've played and beaten every game (aside from the mobile ones which I've only watch cutscenes from) several times. Getting the chance to go through an interactive adventure like this would be a dream come true! I don't like the idea of needing to buy something to play the games, but that's a personal issue I won't hold against you since, as you say, Universal already does it with Mario. Plus, some assorted Disney M&Gs along the way make this fun even if you don't pay. I feel like this would work better as one part of an entire land, but even in a vacuum it would be a blast and a great way to use a popular yet underutilized IP

+1 Bonus - Everything I learn about Darby O'Gill makes me less certain I know what it is

**Be as obscure as you want! Its fun lol

Inside Out-Side
wbrqkfmsk6p6gsm8qytn.jpg

Re-themed to the streets of San Francisco (and an homage to the former Streets of America), the exterior of the former Pixar Place blends in with the California-inspired architecture of Disney's Hollywood Studios. However, 'inside' travel through a walkthrough of your own emotions, and travel through the confines of your brain, seeing how different emotions reflect your day to day life. At the end of the walk-through, a meet and greet with the characters from Inside Out awaits you.

Bonus:
3nzbc52gqj531.jpg

Near Animation Courtyard, a Danny DeVito (Phil) meet-and-greet is installed offering guests the opportunity to meet with one of their favorite characters from the Disney Renaissance
A perfect fit for Studios stylistically, a fun way to include a newer Pixar IP, a new way of expanding on a M&G that is already popular at Epcot, a perfect tie in for an upcoming film with the sequel on the way, and just plain cool. Love this idea! It ticks off just about every box it should without feeling like it is trying too hard to tick off boxes. There's not much to say, but that's not a knock against this proposal. It's great!

+1 Bonus - Danny The Vito
View attachment 760659OSWALD SQUARE

Welcome to Oswald Square, the character "neighborhood" of the Walt Disney Studios land, in which (as an ode to Disney100) you can find references to every single Disney animated film, in the form of wall art, food, walk-around characters, and more. Designed as a hidden recreational corner for the Burbank animators, the nostalgic street features square patches of grass and shady trees, reminiscent of the lost legend that is Disney's studio in Burbank. The main attraction is the black-and-white exhibit Oswald Reanimated, featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, where you can view his history and meet him up close and personal in his very own Disney World meet.

BONUS: Meet Wall-E at World Nature
Someone Built a Real-Life Working WALL-E

Now at Epcot, you can meet the famous loving robot Wall-E (operated by a cast member disguised as a guest), who rolls around World Nature to greet guests!
First Kingdom Hearts, now Oswald. It's like ya'll are trying to butter me up lol. Turning Pixar Place into a Disney version centered around Oswald is really smart. Keeps it a small, relaxing spot to unwind and relax in an otherwise busy park. The references to every Disney movie ever subtley woven through the land tying this unofficially to Once Upon a Studio is very fun and I love the mini Oswald museum before his M&G. Giving Walt's first star a bit of recognition is fantastic. My only concern is that this is very similar to what is there now just with swapping Incredibles/Pixar decals out for Disney decals, switching the character meeting there, and changing up the greenery. It's a great idea and I personally would be way more into this. But to the general public I worry that this might seem like a lateral move. Although tying it into Disney100 is a fun touch

+1 Bonus - Waaaallll-e

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1703395730663-png.760143

Santa Cecilia Plaza
pinatas-coco.png_1884436759.png

Replacing the whole of Pixar Place is Santa Cecilia; an interactive walkthrough attraction that showcases Miguel's hometown of Santa Cecilia in an eternal Dias de Muerto. Built as an indoor attraction where the sky reflects the real outdoor time, Santa Cecilia Plaza offers food and festivities of Mexican traditions, and at night the town's folk honors and celebrates their ancestors, who can be seen as augmented projections watching over their family and exploring the town.
Bonus: Hector
20180414_114339-1523733152473-XL.jpg

Found at the Riveria's home and brought to life (pun not intended) through augmented reality, Hector is sure to entertain any and all guests who come to visit.
Coco is great! It's world is so inventive and fun that it is such a perfect fit for a theme park. Not to mention the music, characters, and heart. My first concern was that this would be like the Tangled Restrooms, something that is really neat but way too small for what the movie really deserves. BUT focusing on Santa Cecilia was a clever touch that subverts this as I'm sure any full land or larger scale attraction would focus instead on the Land of the Dead. Meaning that this wouldn't be a half measure, but a sort of preview of what's to come. And a very fun preview at that.

+1 Bonus - I think you might be the only person to make their bonus meet and greet a part of their project, I'm kinda surprised that wasn't more common lol
ACTUALLY Pixar Place
View attachment 760682
Instead of just being The Incredibles 2, this new meet & greet would feature an interchanging rotation of mascot characters from Pixar’s history, from Woody to Mei Lee, situated in a small set that could be changed to match the current character(s) on display.
Bonus
Bring back those goofy looking Phineas and Ferb mascots to California Adventure.
Pixar Place. But good. And themed to Pixar. An astounding idea! It's a very simple concept but a strong one. Adding some more variety to the character line up and serving as a better celebration of the studio. I like the idea of the small sets that can be rolled out and are more interchangeable. Reminds me of how the Power Rangers used to come out on a special car to meet on the Streets of America and then that same car served as the backdrop for the M&G. It's a fun concept to add some more life and variety to the area! "Do what they are doing but better" might not be the most exciting idea, but that doens't make it a bad one. Especially since you have some good thoughts on how to do it!

+1 Bonus - They should at least be there for the 104 days of summer vacation
Monsters Inc Door Warehouse
View attachment 760697

Hollywood Studios has been in desperate need of a place for smaller children to run around and burn off some energy while their parents can have a break ever sense Honey I Shrunk Kids playground shut down. With one half of the street that used to be Pixar Place transformed into a kids play space themed to Monsters Incs giant door warehouse and the other filled with door benches and plenty of upright doors for the perfect instagram photo, this former dead end becomes a perfect rest and recharge area for the whole family. There is even a stand run by the Abominable Snowman to help refuel with drinks, filling snacks, and even lemon (and non-lemon) snowcones.

Bonus:

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is coming soon to Main Street Theater replacing Tinkerbell to have both of Walts boys together again at last.
Studios needs somewhere for kids to run around and this space would be perfect for it! A playground might be a bit of a stretch to call it a walkthrough attraction, but add in the photo ops, rest area, and snack stand and I think it counts. It fits the spirit of the prompt even if it is debatable if it fits the letter of the prompt lol. The industrial feel of Monsters Inc. is a perfect compliment to all the large show buildings in the area. And I cannot stress enough how much Studios needs something like this since Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Animation, and any other kids play area has pretty much been cut. A space for kids to play while parents rest and teens take tiktoks in front of photo walls fills a missing niche for the park. And Monsters Inc is a fun way to do it!

+1 Bonus - Walt's Boys. I like it
Villain’s Vale

View attachment 760698
Acting as a replacement for Villains in Vogue, this walkthrough attraction takes guests into the world of the Disney Villains, rotating between meet and greet eras biweekly. These meet and greets are sorted Pre Renaissance, Renaissance, and post-Renaissance, as well as Rare Ruffians, a miscellaneous slot for live-action, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, etcetera. There is also a retail and food component to act as a permanent Disney version of a Universal Tribute Store and a Halloween center year-round for those who embrace the darker side of the magic.

Bonus: Grid Connections
View attachment 760701

Adjacent to Tron Lightcycle Power Run is a meet and greet location for Tron characters to add more to the story of the attraction, including Tron, Rinzler, and Quorra.
Villains is a really fun theme and I like the thought that clearly went into balancing the eras and finding a mix between eras and popularity. It would've been really easy to just do a simple line up of Maleficent and friends. But making sure that it isn't just the usuals is a good touch. Halloween year round is a lot of fun and a good way to keep the spooky merch in stock year round for all those weird goth kids (like me, I'm a nearly 30 year old weird goth kid). My only note is that I wish you mentioned what the setting was. Night club, dark castle, soundstage film set, where are we supposed to be that ties everything together? Place setting details do more to transport readers into the world you are creating than mentioning the Tribute Store inspiration or that Pixar is included. That being said, villains are huge and Studios with its older demographic is a great fit for a villains experience like this. It would be a HUGE hit

+1 Bonus - TRON
Ancient Treasures is a walkthrough attraction taking guests through a soundstage filming an action-adventure film about an archaeologist who seeks real ancient treasures around the world. Guests go through scenes of Easter Island and its heads, the Great Wall of China on a dark, wolf-infested night, a Stonehenge on the Winter Solstice, a perilously high hill with the Dead Sea Caves and their scrolls inside perched above jagged rock, a storm at the Indigenous cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde, an earthquake at a Greco-Roman palace, the Sphinx and a nearby haunt of desert bandits that attack guests, the discovery of the Rosetta Stone during a Napoleonic Battle, a shark-infested shipwreck, an Indian chamber with ancient, demonic carvings, an Inca burial chamber filled with “toxic vapors”, a Roman mosaic depicting the Labyrinth of myth, a cursed Egyptian tomb filled with mummies, a lost Mayan city in the jungle infested with dangerous arthropods, the Terracotta Army in a collapsing chamber, a scarab-infested Egyptian throne room, a cave filled with pre-historic paintings and modern-day bears, an Aztec crystal skull amongst the skulls of humans, the treasure of the Inca protected by poison dart shooting masks, T-Rex fossils on a high mountain during a strong wind storm, the mosquito-infested Tomb of Tutankhamen, and a crashed UFO with some extraterrestrial figures.
This is awesome and I want it! The only problem is that it might be too big of an idea for this space. I see this as working best as a guided effects filled walkthrough like Poseidon's Fury. Or maybe a grand dark ride. What you have here is epic and it deserves an epic scale. Not a cramped alley. I love the adventurous tone, the variety of experiences, your passion for myths/legends/history. Maybe focus on one or two "Sets" rather than all 23 you pitched. You have four Egypt ones, maybe focus just on the Egyptian theme with the filming of a classic mummy action adventure through the cursed tomb. Or some other more focused version of this. What you have is great! Just a bit too much to do it right in the small space available.
The Zone

2020-soul-22-people-in-flow.jpg

Inspired by Pixar's 2020 hit Soul, The Zone allows you to enter the Great Before and get in touch with what makes you, well, you. Travel through an interactive queue, where, much in the same style as the Scuttle game in MK's Little Mermaid ride, you'll get your own chance to help souls get in "the zone" and do what they like doing best. And when you reach the queue's end and come back to reality, you'll get to have a meet 'n' greet with Joe Gardner in his apartment.
Soul is another very underutilized IP. This is a fun way to incorporate it. It would have been really easy to just go with the obvious choice of the jazz club, but incorporating the wonderfully inventive visuals of the Great Before and some cool interactive elements before meeting Joe is great! I like how it all feels very grounded and simple. This was a clever take on adapting Soul in a creative way.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

wfH4MNC.png

@cdunlap - Ancient Treasure

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. This was a great homage to the adventure genre and classic epic films and a fun way to add a new attraction without the use of an IP to Studios! It was just too big of an idea for the space

fi8BZ2h.png

@Brer Panther - The Magic of Disney Animation

A great throwback to a Studios classic updated in a really clever way! Part walkthrough, part show, part museum. Love it!

oUugaAj.png

@WaltWiz1901 - 4★Town Karaoke Panda Party!

A very simple and to the point proposal. Really shows how sometimes less is more in the one sentence competition. Boggles my mind that this doesn't exist already!

xcGNE1e.png

@AceAstro - The Pixar Story

A perfect way to bridge classic Studios and modern studios. An amazing addition to this area of the park that compliments Walt Disney Presents perfectly. Studios has always had issues with "flow" and this would go a long way towards helping fix that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom