One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

spacemt354

Chili's
Well, Joe... I do have an idea! Since this elevator is pretty long, here's a pitch for this idea I had... what do you think?

View attachment 760116

DRAGON MOUNTAIN

Behind the misty and magical leaves of The Enchanted Forest, Disney's newest sub-land for their New Fantasyland Project (a project in its third iteration, featuring a BATB dark ride, dragon cavern animatronic, Cottage meet and greet, forest walkthrough, Spinning Swamp flat ride), is Dragon Mountain, a cavernous rocky mountain whose caverns and slopes twist upwards to its thin peak, one filled with glowing green lights and the Earth Dragon.

This family-friendly roller coaster weaving in and out of the rocky peaks begins with its queue at The Palace of Autumn, a natural palace designed for the second park for HKDL, which has long been thrown away into Imagineering cans, a castle where everything is made by nature and designed for nature, serving as the centerpiece of the land (with the mountain in the backdrop) and visible by the imaginative eye, which you can discover at your own pace, which the queue does not touch, instead moves guests along its sides and transports them into the glowing caverns of Dragon Mountain, where magical Spirit Flames beckon anyone who comes close to meet it. Going through dark tunnels, we finally reach a large cavern filled with bioluminescent waterfalls and glowing crystals, all guarded by the Earth Dragon, who we meet once we board the roller coaster, one that slowly climbs up in the darkness, spins around with family-friendly loops and bunny hops, finally getting a close encounter with the Earth Dragon who will protect its treasures and scare the living daylights of the residents of the Enchanted Forest in this D/E-ticket attraction, whom we realize at the end, is a gentle creature, making this ride an impressive, original feat by Imagineering straying away from the lure of IP but making it a timeless, romantic journey of knights and dragons, for all the family (and those princess things are still there, just much more subdued ovo) to experience.
Your elevator must be at the Burj Khalifa

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Still an hour to submit your pitches! Gonna get started on reviews though to make sure results and the next Scene can start as close to midnight as possible

a4QgFv7.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!​

Trip To Bald Mountain
View attachment 759576
Seeking to capture the thrill of the Seven Dwarves Mine Train and the dark tone of Snow White’s Scary Adventure, I pitch an abstract rollercoaster that would seek to capture the feeling of Fantasia’s iconic closing short with twists and turns taking riders on a shadowy tour of Bald Mountains peak. The ride would feature the soundtrack of Ave Maria and an encounter with Chernabog himself. Thanks for hearing me out Joe.
I love the idea of this being "abstract." It is easy to get caught up in details and showscenes and immersive recreations. Something less literal and more visual is a perfect way to adapt Fantasia and add in an exciting climactic encounter with Chernabog and you have a recipe for something really great! There's been a lot of Chernabog projects on this forum, but the more abstract take really sets this apart!

+1 Bonus
Alice’s Journey Through Wonderland
View attachment 759595

Expanding on the sort of “Wonderland” sub area that is being built in Fantasyland adjacent to the tea cups (where they built a coaster themed to the seven dwarves from Snow White in our world), this new ride is a Mack Rides spinning coaster that takes guests in the perspective of Alice as she falls down the rabbit hole into Wonderland. During the ride you will encounter all of the major characters from the film (including the Queen of Hearts, during the climactic “off with your heads” scene) in this ride based on (but not exactly a retelling) of the classic Disney film and the original book series. Guests will experience a couple of tall drops (including a thrilling 50 foot drop where riders fall down the rabbit hole, pictured above), intense spinning moments, and encounters with Wonderland’s wacky creatures on this new E ticket opening in 2014.
I love the idea of tying this to the teacups to make a bit of a mini-land. It would blead over into the front of Pooh, but the 100 Acre Woods feels oddly right alongside wonderland. I worry this is perhaps a bit too extreme for Fantasyland, but I personally would enjoy it a lot! Plus, Wonderland is more of a thing for older Disney fans anyways.

+1 Bonus
Flying Carpets Over Agrabah
View attachment 759600
Hop aboard a magic carpet and take a trip through the Cave of Wonders, the Sultan's Palace, an Agrabah marketplace, and even the Genie's lamp in this combination of a dark ride and a suspended coaster. Scenes from the animated film are brought to life with lifelike animatronic figures and special effects that will leave guests wondering just how they pulled it off. And as a reference to the Magic Kingdom's past, the spitting camels from the Magic Carpets of Aladdin attraction (which in this hypothetical pitch would be removed to avoid redundancy) are placed outside the attraction's entrance, still ready to get parkgoers wet as they walk by.
First off, any pitch that involves removing Magic Carpets of Aladdin from Adventureland is a win in my book

Back on topic, this would be great and Aladdin 100% deserves to have a grand E-Ticket like this! I wish there was a bit more of a unique angle taken as it feels a bit like a book report ride, but a simple recreation of movie scenes with some rollercoaster sections mixed in is never a bad thing especially when the movie is one of Disney's best and so underutilized in the parks

+1 Bonus
View attachment 759601

Hey Joe, let’s bring back Buzzy, that beloved character from Epcot’s Cranium Command and put him in a Star Tours-type simulator. Set it up like a classroom where Buzzy does a “show and tell” about his most memorable days, featuring the classic cafeteria food fight and meeting a new girlfriend, alongside fresh adventures, like the time his pet tarantula got loose in the kitchen.
Buzzy returning in a 3-D simulator ride version of an updated Cranium Commend sounds awesome! And the fantastical nature of Cranium Command does make me feel like it doesn't need to be in EPCOT and could definitely be used in other parks. This set up sounds like a lot of fun! But I'm not sure this fits into Fantasyland? Maybe with some tweaks it could, but as it stands it feels like an odd fit despite being a fun ride

+1 Bonus
The Voyage To El Dorado is a boat ride based on the legend of El Dorado, a mythical city of gold hidden deep in the Colombian Andes near Lake Guatavita, or perhaps under the lake!

Guests will enter an old Spanish Fort in Colombia and board boats based on Spanish colonial boats then ride past scenes depicting the Chibcha Empire, Colombia's most important ancient civilization, before passing the El Dorado ritual, in which the Chibcha king covered himself in gold dust before diving into Lake Guatavita in order to sacrifice the gold to the gods, vehicles then drop down from Cerro De Montserrat and go under the lake and enter Manoa (El Dorado), the trap-filled lost city of gold, where they encounter a feathered serpent who guards the treasures of Manoa which chases the guests into the jungles.

While the idea of exploring the mountain jungles of South America in search of a lost city is a very Adventureland-sounding idea, El Dorado has entered the world's collective imagination as a mythical city of riches so I think it fits perfectly amongst the fairy tales that have also become popular worldwide and with a facade themed to a Spanish Colonial Fort, it’s sure to blend in exterior-wise with Fantasyland!

View attachment 759713
I adore breaking out of the more traditional European style of Fantasyland. And a no-IP option is a really interesting choice that you don't see often in pitches for Fantasyland. Always love a good boat ride. I do worry that the Spanish Colonial Fort might stick out a bit though nestled in between Wonderland, Pooh, and Little Mermaid. Not saying it couldn't work, but a more subtle facade might work better. Especially with the ride itself already a bit out there tonally for Fantasyland (something more cartoony and whimsical along the lines of Sinbad in Tokyo might be a bit better). A truly excellent ride in a vacuum though that I would really love to ride!

+1 Bonus
Realms Of Enchantment

Welcome one and all, on this water boat ride you will enter the world of Disney movies that are not currently represented in fantasyland. You can watch Aladdin and jasmine fly on a magic carpet, see tangled go on her amazing journey, join Robbin hood and the merry men against their fight with the king, and so much more. The observatory of wishes is the place where dreams come to life in this movie-spanning ride.
I love the idea of a "and here's everyone else" kind of ride here! And Florida really could use an equivalent to Storybookland Canal Boats! AND the observatory of wishes is such a fun icon/facade. My only real issue is that I wish there was a bit more of an angle to set it apart. Is there a thematic tie to the scenes? A visual one? Maybe the scenes are all miniatures like Storybookland? Not a ton more detail or anything like that, but just a few words to say what makes your version of this ride unique. Though again, this is exactly the kind of ride WDW is missing and great premise.

+1 Bonus

briar thorns.jpg

Into the Thorns

Following Prince Philip through the hedge of thorns, guests will board their noble steads on New Fantasylands newest E-ticket roller coaster adventure. Those seeking moderate high speed thrills and darker atmosphere can enjoy the rainy forest, the dark land of thorns, and eventually Maleficents dragon green fire in the exciting finale of this entirely enclosed ride. Enter the castle facade and accept your quest to be New Fantasylands newest hero.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
a4QgFv7.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
Merlin's Magical Journey
View attachment 759640
Ok, Joe, what do you think of this: Deep in the new Fantasyland Forest area, we enter Merlin's Cottage, where the mystical wizard explains (in high-tech animatronic form) that he is our new tutor and will educate us in the ways of the world; to do so, we will board his newest contraption, the Auto-Escalatory-Mobilitron (A Kuka-arm set on a trackless vehicle base).

The ride begins the same way for everyone, with a brief (45ish second) flight through the forest as you test out the new contraption before the next scene, when Merlin transforms you and the AEM into either a squirrel or a fish (as in the film) and you encounter animatronic and screen-based animals and gags based on whichever direction you take—squirrels and other animals on the tree branches or aquatic animals a few leagues under the sea wink wink (the trackless system allows for variance of the experience, with each set of scenes lastly roughly 90 seconds or so, while the Kuka arm varies the motion experience).

Alas, Madam Mim interrupts your lesson and challenges Merlin to a Wizards' Duel, culminating in an encounter with Mim in her dragon form before you soar back to Merlin's cottage and he invites you to return for your next lesson.
I love this take on a Sword in the Stone ride that puts us into the shoes of Wart without just being a book report. It takes the scenes and recontextualizes them. While giving Magic Kingdom a more modern style of dark ride. Perhaps slightly too high tech for 2012 blending a Kuka arm and a trackless ride, but I'm not gonna be super nitpicky about ride system realism in round one of a one sentence competition. You do a good job utilizing the kuka arm's ability to replicate flight by keeping the focus on floaty scenes!

+1 Bonus
Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

1b65367bc78656e790f148ab5a973d34.jpg

With Tangled more than proving its worth at the box office and with critics, it was only natural that a ride based on the movie should serve as the centerpiece of New Fantasyland. Setting sail aboard our very own rowboat, we glide around the iconic tower before heading inside the caverns to relive the tale of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider...or should that be Eugene Fitzherbert? Of course, the ride's highlight is the "I See the Light" sequence, where you sail through a giant dome filled to the brim with floating lanterns.
Better than a bathroom lol. A boat ride is such a perfect fit for Tangled and a dome with the lantern scene so they can reflect off the water is lovely and would make a great climax. I would love to see abit more of a unique angle to avoid just feeling like a book report, but this sounds like a fantastic book report with the Tower facade and cool I See the Light finale

+1 Bonus
tigger-movie-5-1.png
Sorry: Missed the point. Here’s my real entry.

The Tigger Ride

An expansion of Pooh into a mini-land, this ride uses a similar system, but with a major enhancement; the vehicle can “bounce” forward and “pounce”, allowing for a more in-character presentation based on the turn of the Millenium classic, a tale of rediscovery and family alike. Journey alongside Tigger to find out if he’s truly “the only one” on a search for his family tree, travelling all over the world he knows well, and ultimately saving your friends, your real family, from an avalanche.
Making Pooh into a mini-land is a great idea and would be a fantastic way to play into the Enchanted Forest theme of New Fantasyland. I would love to see this as a new take on the Pooh ride with a bit more of a story and more motion/excitement. It's great! Perhaps a bit repetitive to have a ride that you yourself describe as similar right next to the old Pooh ride. As much as this sounds like the absolute perfect ride system for Tigger, something more unique might be a better way to round out the mini-land.
Hercules: A Hero's Journey

View attachment 759662
Debuting as a true E ticket and feature attraction of a revamped New Fantasyland, comes Hercules: A Hero's Journey (Yellow), set at the back of the land within an expanded plot initially intended for The Little Mermaid. This reshuffling helps set the unique theme of the attraction back off the beaten path a bit, shifts small-scale items from Beauty and the Beast (Orange) and creates a true Enchanted Forest (Green) walkthrough section of the land for guests to explore along with 2 small footprint flat rides themed to Snow White/7 Dwarves (Red) and the Cheshire Cat (Beige). With development on Shanghai Disneyland underway for groundbreaking in 2011, WDI utilizes the magnetic boat ride technology slated for Pirates of the Caribbean taking guests on a marvelous adventure through ancient Greece following Hercules' journey to become a hero as he battles the cyclops, the Hydra and ventures into the underworld, all accompanied by a rip-roaring soundtrack.

Might be technically overstepping the bounds of the prompt, but I really do love the restructuring, the walkthrough section, the better layout. All of it is great! And that is before even getting to the actual ride which is a very fun boat ride utilizing the brand new tech Disney was developing at the time. It's a tough one to review though because the ride itself while great is pretty basic. And only about 1/3rd of your pitch even talks about said ride lol. But the effort here is astounding, the map is great, and I truly do adore this rethink of New Fantasyland

+1 Bonus
This first challenge is right up my alley, considering how underwhelming I thought New Fantasyland was (both what was announced and, admittedly, what was built), so I had quite a number of different ideas to pitch. But here's one that came to mind most of all...

Mr. Toad’s Motor Mania

View attachment 759660
Everyone’s favorite rogue amphibian makes his much-requested return to the Magic Kingdom as one of the main draws of their New Fantasyland - and the centerpiece of the Enchanted Forest sub-area!

Boarding their motorcar, guests dart out of Toad Hall into the countryside, through the streets (and buildings) of town, and ultimately towards the Tower of London to break an imprisoned J.T. Toad out of jail. With Audio-Animatronics and special effects aplenty and a unique slot car system, Motor Mania is sure to give guests quite a thrill as they embark on a wild ride “nowhere in particular”!
Seeing Mr. Toad expanded into a full Test Track style slot car would be a blast! I feel like my review for this is gonna be really short, but that's not an issue with your proposal. It's just that I have no notes. It's great! Maybe not the most popular IP to build an E-Ticket around, but then again IRL the 7 Dwarves aren't exactly hot ticket Halloween costumes with the youth of today either.

+1 Bonus
W.I.T.C.H.: GUARDIANS OF THE VEIL
View attachment 759706
Guests will be drawn to the foreboding castle on the hill of thorns looming over New Fantasyland, the home of the evil Prince Phobos, ruler of Meridian, and enemy of W.I.T.C.H. - Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin - five magical girls chosen by the Heart of Kandrakar to defend the infinite dimensions from evil.

Disney's forgotten comic book and animated series come to life in this enchanting new, trackless dark ride, as guests venture into the dark recesses of Phobos' castle, joining W.I.T.C.H. as they use their elemental powers to rescue their friend Caleb from Phobos' clutches.

Guests ride in gyroball-esque vehicles called "Kandra-cars" (as quipped by Hay Lin), sneaking at first through the castle's dungeons and passageways, but a confrontation with Phobos' snake-like minion Lord Cedric exposes guests, leading to a wild, magical chase through the halls as W.I.T.C.H. fend off the villains, so guests can escape through a nearby portal with Caleb and bring a little hope to Meridian.
Fun fact: I got a W.I.T.C.H. Happy Meal toy as a kid. It was the blonde girl. I had never heard of the show, but around the same time I got a Wheel of Fortune board game from Goodwill. Decided to keep the toy with the board game to act as our Vanna White for the game. Anyways, until tonight, that was my only experience with W.I.T.C.H. lol

While this is clearly not a hot IP, the quality of the IP doesn't necessarily translate to the quality of the ride and the story of magical heroes and villains facing off against each other in a mystical castle is a simple and universal one that can easily work without any knowledge that the ride is based on anything at all.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1703394016220.png

Robin Hood's Royal Runaway
1180w-600h_110818_robin-hood-45th-anniversary.jpg

This adventure takes place deep in the Sherwood Forest where Robin Hood and Little John have stolen the cottages carrying taxes levied by Prince John on the inhabitants of Nottingham. Guests board the open-air carriages for a rambunctious runaway roller-coaster type family ride through the forest as you get away with the gold. Within the attraction are three dark ride segments inside the hills of the forest where audio-animatronics of Robin Hood and Little John greet you and cheer you on as you escape Little John's clutches.
Robin Hood is such a fantastic fit for both a family coaster with some dark ride elements AND for the enchanted forest setting of New Fantasyland! It's another one I don't have many notes for or much to say because it is such a perfect concept! It is a bit of a safe idea since it was mostly taking 7 Dwarves and changing the IP, but safe is not bad especially when it is such a good concept

+1 Bonus
Fantasies of Liberty

View attachment 759711

Acting as a dark ride coaster hybrid akin to Revenge of the Mummy or Gringotts, this focuses on the thematic transition between Liberty Square and Fantasyland, telling the fairy tales and folklore of America. This ride would go through legends of American history from the myths of the native Choctaw tribe of Florida to the folk heroes like Paul Bunyan and John Henry, this is classic Disney edutainment through and through!
Very unique idea that would play really well in Magic Kingdom considering how much the park loves blending history with whimsy. Plus, the mix of classic Disney shorts with new adaptations of myths from underrepresented groups is a great! Really my only issue is that, like you say, this is a perfect transition both thematically and stylistically between Liberty Square and Fantasyland. Yet the location would be closer to Tomorrowland and right near the heart of Fantasyland. If this was being put where Small World is, it would be a slam dunk. As is, it is a slightly awkward fit. Though I don't want me saying that to take away from how much I do adore this ride and how unique it is!

+1 Bonus
View attachment 759730
Pinocchio’s Monstro-us Adventure
A log flume dark ride with an outdoor drop, this attraction adds some much-needed kinetic energy to northern New Fantasyland. It also appeases some of New Fantasyland's critics by appealing to nostalgia and reviving a classic ride concept. With captivating visual effects and a simplified story, Pinocchio’s Monstro-us Adventure is the perfect balance of show and thrill and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser among guests of all ages!
Log Flume Dark Rides are such an amazing blend of thrills an fantasy and fun that it boggles my mind there's pretty much only ever been Splash Mountain and Dudley Do-Right. Pinocchio is a perfect fit for it, you are right that it would add great kinetic energy with New Fantasyland largely lacks, and the sight of a big Monstro swallowing boats in Fantasyland would be a welcome one for Disney fans!

+1 Bonus
Fantasia Rivers
DEcNZviU0AAgrIH
The revitalization of Animal Kingdom's Fantasia Gardens, Fantasia Rivers is an indoor boat ride where the exterior is a grandiose mountain dotted with forests and cascades and Yen Sid's Castle at the base as the ride's entrance, where the sorcerer toils all day studying the magic of music with the intent to share that knowledge with the world. Going from Yen Sid's Boathouse, intrepid guests board ornately decorated swan boats; as homages to both the deleted The Swan of Tuonela segment and the original Main Street Swan Boats; and float past scenes that are inspired by Fantasia and Fantasia 2000's segments that pertain to myth and fantasy. Indeed, this ride's show scenes are brought to life with the enchanting music and through advanced animatronics and special effects that recapture the majesty of both Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.
I love the thought that clearly went into the visuals and details here. Not just a mountain, but one with cascades and castles. Not just boats, swan boats tied to both Fantasia and WDW history. Plus, the focus on music as a way to tie it all together thematically! On the surface this might look like a very basic idea seen pretty often on the forums (Fantasia Boat Ride), but through some very subtle key details you've made that idea your own.

+1 Bonus
As the “Beauty and the Beast Coaster” (located next to the new Be Our Guest restaurant) starts its journey through Beast’s Mansion and climbs the lift hill, Audio Animatronics of Beast tells Lumiere and Cogsworth that if Belle won’t eat with him, then she won’t eat at all. As the spinning coaster train dives and spins through the kitchen, guests see large AAs of all of the eclectic mansion characters “sing and dance” as they seek to give their best French hospitality. Each spinning coaster train contains 2 cars of 4 passengers (nearly doubling the capacity of Crush’s Coaster) on the 2-minute indoor journey.

View attachment 760011
Note: My favorite color is green.
You're not the first this scene to suggest a mini-land, but you are the first to tie it to Be Our Guest around the back instead of Alice or Pooh. A very strong idea and a spinning coaster through the iconic song would be a blast! This might retread a bit of the same ground of the nearby restaurant though also themed to the song or the sequence in the nearby Phillarmagic that uses the song too. BUT a coaster is a very different style of attraction and would go a long way helping it to stand out. Making the restaurant not feel repetitive, but rather thematically linked.

+1 Bonus

Mickey's Great Race

View attachment 760104

With the closing of Mickey Mouse Revue in 2003, and Mickey's Toontown Fair closing for New Fantasyland, Mickey Mouse no longer has a permanent home within Magic Kingdom, until now. Taking the area where 7DMT was supposed to go, a new racing based coaster is built where Mickey organizes a massive race throughout Fantasyland with all of the classic characters. Guests board into long "soap box cars" themed to all sorts of Disney characters (the princesses, Parks Original characters, Disney Renaissance movies, etc.) as they race through a track set up in the enchanted forest, having a random car win every race.
Cutting to the chase, soap box cars would feel like an odd fit in Fantasyland. Yes, the speedway is right there. BUT the speedway is also odd where it is. Mr Toad also drives a car which is a bit of an odd fit for modern Fantasyland, but that is at least still a European story and set at the turn of the century whereas soap box derbies are pretty much purely American and associated with the 50s. With that out of the way, that is literally my only complaint as I think this is a wonderful ride, a great concept, a perfect utilization of Mickey Mouse to host a new ride, and a great way to do a crossover ride in a unique style. It would add a ton of kinetic energy to the area and would likely become a fan favorite almost instantly. I can't overstate how much I love this concept and wish more parks had rides like this​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sorry this is running late, didn't quite realize just how many proposals there were lol. I'll start a bit earlier next time!

1703395730663.png

Mickey and the Beanstalk
View attachment 760103

Located in the center of Fantasyland where the princess meet-n-greets were planned, there is a brand-new roller coaster themed around this moment in Mickey Mouse's career. After wending through their cottage, join Mickey, Donald and Goofy as they climb the beanstalk and discover at the top Willie the Giant's castle and discovering the Golden Harp of Happy Valley being held captive there. Then the thrilling coaster aspect takes over as the giant catches everyone in the act of retrieving the harp and chases everyone down the beanstalk!
Very simple concept, yet very effective. A Mickey Mouse family coaster themed to a classic short inspired by an even more classic fairytale would be a great fit for Fantasyland. The beanstalk would be a great way to theme the ride tracks and hide the details. Plus, the Giant stuff mixed with the beanstalk would make some really fun visuals for Fantasyland and fit like a glove in the Enchanted Forest of New Fantasyland. I wish it was slightly clearer exactly what is queue, what is dark ride, and what happens as a part of the coaster as it all kind of blends together. But that is a very minor nitpick. The type of thing I usually wouldn't even bring up, but with how close the competition is, the deciding factor for who gets medals this Scene might come down to nitpicks. Which is partly why I hope no one gets super competitive becuase this is a VERY close race an already my shortlist for the top 3 has featured nearly every project at some point while doing reviews lol

+1Bonus
Well, Joe... I do have an idea! Since this elevator is pretty long, here's a pitch for this idea I had... what do you think?

View attachment 760116

DRAGON MOUNTAIN

Behind the misty and magical leaves of The Enchanted Forest, Disney's newest sub-land for their New Fantasyland Project (a project in its third iteration, featuring a BATB dark ride, dragon cavern animatronic, Cottage meet and greet, forest walkthrough, Spinning Swamp flat ride), is Dragon Mountain, a cavernous rocky mountain whose caverns and slopes twist upwards to its thin peak, one filled with glowing green lights and the Earth Dragon.

This family-friendly roller coaster weaving in and out of the rocky peaks begins with its queue at The Palace of Autumn, a natural palace designed for the second park for HKDL, which has long been thrown away into Imagineering cans, a castle where everything is made by nature and designed for nature, serving as the centerpiece of the land (with the mountain in the backdrop) and visible by the imaginative eye, which you can discover at your own pace, which the queue does not touch, instead moves guests along its sides and transports them into the glowing caverns of Dragon Mountain, where magical Spirit Flames beckon anyone who comes close to meet it. Going through dark tunnels, we finally reach a large cavern filled with bioluminescent waterfalls and glowing crystals, all guarded by the Earth Dragon, who we meet once we board the roller coaster, one that slowly climbs up in the darkness, spins around with family-friendly loops and bunny hops, finally getting a close encounter with the Earth Dragon who will protect its treasures and scare the living daylights of the residents of the Enchanted Forest in this D/E-ticket attraction, whom we realize at the end, is a gentle creature, making this ride an impressive, original feat by Imagineering straying away from the lure of IP but making it a timeless, romantic journey of knights and dragons, for all the family (and those princess things are still there, just much more subdued ovo) to experience.
I would love to see you take this concept and fully expand it. You have a fantastic idea here and clearly there is so much more in your head beyond what you've mentioned here. I adore this and I'm just now noticing the map of your fully redone New Fantasyland. That being said, while I plan to be pretty generous when it comes to run on sentences (this game is mostly for fun after all and its only round one), you might have stretched it a bit toooo far. You're proposal features the hardest working commas on the internet and Joe Disney got off the elevator 3 floors ago lol. I recommend scaling back a bit and focusing on the core of your pitch next time rather than trying to include every thought you have about it. If you do fully write this out please tag me in it because I truly would love to see more!

+1 Bonus
View attachment 760135

Into the Thorns

Following Prince Philip through the hedge of thorns, guests will board their noble steads on New Fantasylands newest E-ticket roller coaster adventure. Those seeking moderate high speed thrills and darker atmosphere can enjoy the rainy forest, the dark land of thorns, and eventually Maleficents dragon green fire in the exciting finale of this entirely enclosed ride. Enter the castle facade and accept your quest to be New Fantasylands newest hero.
Fans have been practically begging for a villains land or at least a ride forever! Maleficent's Castle being found beyond the castle walls deep within the enchanted forest would fit the lore of New Fantasyland so perfectly. And it would really stand out among the other attractions adding a different energy to the area and bringing something new to the table. I also love your focus on atmosphere over show scenes and spectacle. Often the best roller coasters and the best dark rides are the ones with the best atmosphere. Imagineering is 90% vibes.

+1 Bonus

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

wfH4MNC.png

@Architectural Guinea Pig - Dragon Mountain

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. Dragon Mountain is incredible and the work that clearly went into it astounding. But this was sadly just a bit much and a bit too detailed for an Elevator Pitch. Still hoping to see it realized as a full write up someday though!

fi8BZ2h.png

@major.hatter - Into the Thorns

This is a perfect way to add a different flavor to New Fantasyland while still fitting in nicely as a part of the Enchanted Forest. The focus on atmosphere really sold it as the vibes really are key with this kind of ride.

oUugaAj.png

@imagineer97 - Merlin's Magical Journey

A great way to take guests through iconic scenes from the film without just retelling the same story. Focusing around Merlin who has proven to be a reliably beloved character even if Sword in the Stone is nearly forgotten was smart too. Gave this a best of both world quality pleasing both fans of the film and those that think Merlin was invented for Kingdom Hearts. Only thing that held it back from the gold was the slight impracticality of the ride system for the time period

xcGNE1e.png

@MickeyWaffleCo. - Pinocchio’s Monstro-us Adventure

A wildly underutilized ride system, plenty of fanservice without feeling pandering, and a simple concept done well. A great way to round out the land and bring Pinocchio to Florida!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Two
Pixar Re-Place-ment

ICTED3q.png

Welcome one and all to the second prompt of One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators!
Feel free to join in even if you missed the previous rounds

-The Set Up-
It is the Present Day and you are in an Elevator with the head of Imagineering, Joe Disney!
Pixar Place was never really a full land at Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World. It was really just some placemaking around the entrance to Toy Story Mania to tie it into the theme of the park a bit more. Ever since Toy Story Land opened and Toy Story Mania moved its entrance to the new land, the remains of Pixar Place have been in an awkward spot. There's really not a ton of space there, but it's not in a spot that can either just be gotten rid of or expanded since it is right in between Toy Story Mania and Runaway Railway.

(Click the picture for a more detailed recounting of the area)

It was quickly remade into a small Municiberg City Block area to tie into Incredibles 2. And while some of the theming has been removed and some generic Pixar theming has been added, not much has really been done with this space. Joe Disney wants to change that

-Challenge-
Pitch a new Enhanced Meet & Greet (like Enchanted Tales with Belle) or Small Walkthrough Attraction to better utilize the former Pixar Place area

-Rules-
  • Please keep in mind what IPs Disney has access to or would realistically license. This does take place in present day so all current Disney IP is fair game​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Thursday, December 28th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
5 days from now (Extra day for Christmas)

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Who's your Favorite Character?

Add a Meet & Greet for your favorite Disney character anywhere to any park. Realism is not a factor for the bonus. Movies, TV, Video Games, Fox, Muppets, Marvel, Star Wars, FX, Pixar, whatever!
You may use 1 Sentence and 1 Picture
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

In the Parks
No
Valiant & Valiant Detective Agency
Passing under a door marked with these words on the façade of a newly constructed building between the showbuildings of TSM and MMRR, you enter a fresh experience for any Disney theme park—an escape room (with appointments booked on Genie+) themed to the Toon-centric business of Eddie Valiant, Private Eye (It definitely wouldn't be an upcharge, Joe...right? [Joe's eyes shift uneasily...]). Depending on the final size of the building constructed, multiple escape room experiences could be included here, or they could be seasonally swapped out; the classic Roger Rabbit story is a good starting point, with Judge Doom trapping guests in various rooms with interactive effects (DIP!!! Toon Weapons!!!) as they try to work out the mystery of Cloverleaf Industries. Other experiences could include a tie-in to the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (modern version) or any Disney animated IP that logically resides in "Toontown"; this would require relocating the Roger Rabbit easter egg located near Hollywood & Vine.

1703400459416.png

BONUS: I want to meet Long John Silver from Treasure Planet, with a mechanical arm that can perform multiple functions! He greets people in the post-show for the Treasure Planet attraction that replaces Stitch's Great Escape!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Ducktales Adventure Haven

Pixar Place has been turned into the city of Duckburg from the popular TV show Ducktales, we see the large moneybin looming over the area as this is the facade for the enchanced meet and greet.

We enter the moneybin as we go through the different rooms of the building and different artifacts from the series as we get closer to the meet and greet.

We see Scrooge as a full scale animatronic walking back and forth as he is trying to figure out what his new adventure will be and greets us as we enter, we then see Magica De Spell’s shadows start to attack Scrooge as he fights them off and eventually wins, we then can get a few pictures and an autograph from this state of the art animatronic.

Bonus:
A FNAF meet and greet at anywhere

Last edited:

OvertheHorizon

Amazing Pixar.jpg

Guests approach a 7’ tall hedge with entrance and exits clearly marked, and as they make their way through the maze, they’ll find life-sized fiberglass representations of their favorite Pixar characters. If they encounter a dead end, an audio-animatronic Pixar character will come to life with a verbal clue to point them in the right direction. A perfect combination of walk-through attraction, “meet and greet” photo op, and find-your-way-out game.

BONUS: I propose a meet and greet with Goofy as a Star Wars character in Galaxy's Edge.
Goofy.jpg

Disney Warrior

Lounge of the Lesser Known
IMG_5315.jpeg

Hey, Joe, remember The Black Cauldron, or The Rescuers, or The Great Mouse Detective, or Meet the Robinsons? I think the former Incredibles space should be turned into an alley for these lesser-known Disney characters that should get some attention. There will be a meet and greet space akin to Belle at MK where guests can play interactive games and mingle around with a rotating cast of characters from all of Disney‘s least successful/talked about films (examples include Basil, Milo from Atlantis, the cow from Home on the Range, and characters from package films, characters rotate every week), as well as a kiosk where you can get food and drinks themed to some of the characters from the aforementioned films.

Bonus:
IMG_5318.png

I, personally, would love to see a meet and greet with Sora from Kingdom Hearts at WDW; where, I’m not sure (maybe DHS).​

Last edited:

Miru

boxart_8087c17c-b55b-4883-81b5-2ce1eb0cd1e6.png
Mobile Suit Gundam: Mercurial Brew of the Witch

This area is a sort of “Gundam Base” for Orlando/Kissimee, with that “Disney touch” added to the brew for consistent spice to make it worth the while of those who’ve visited the original base; this area is specifically themed to the Ad Stella timeline, to the point of having a 1/12 scale Gundam Aerial on display, with Suletta, Miorine, and their friends all avaliable for meet and greets, but of course you can also buy some Gunpla when you’re there including some stuff otherwise exclusive to P-Bandai, once again mostly the Ad Stella stuff but also a few others, and there may even be completely exclusive items, and indeed the irony does not go un-commented on.

Bonus: How about a meetable Hekapoo from SVTFOE?

AceAstro

The Pixar Story
1703446518155.png

While the area is called "Pixar Place", it mainly focuses on just one Pixar movie in The Incredibles, instead of all the great movies Pixar has released and the story of how it came to be. Replacing the area is The Pixar Story, a new walkthrough dedicated to the history of Pixar from the birth of the company, all the way up to sneak peeks at their latest releases, complete with interviews from former animators, props and sketches used from the various movies, and more to tell the full story. Paired up with Walt Disney Presents just across the way, the two walk throughs give guests a thorough look into the history of so many beloved Disney Animated movies throughout history in a small area of Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Bonus: I would love for the human sized Muppets Costumes to come back to Grand Avenue to meet because even though they look so insane but I also love them haha
1703447100340.png

Brer Panther

Pitch a new Enhanced Meet & Greet (like Enchanted Tales with Belle) or Small Walkthrough Attraction to better utilize the former Pixar Place area
The Magic of Disney Animation
1703467878642.png
A new version of the former attraction of the same name, the Magic of Disney Animation is a unique combination of walkthrough, theatrical show, and interactive post-show. The fun begins with a short film introducing the animation process, hosted by Jodi Benson - who is urged by Mickey Mouse, calling over to her from a piece of paper on an animator's desk, to star alongside him in a new production, and with a bit of Disney magic becomes an animated character herself! From there, guests travel through a number of sets depicting various steps in the making of an animated movie, with Jodi and Mickey (switching back and forth between hand-drawn, CGI, and stop-motion) appearing on video monitors and projected on the walls and the chance to paint animated backgrounds, add music to a scene, and even "animate" Jodi and Mickey yourself.

BONUS: As far as characters who don't already have meet and greets in the parks go, a meet and greet with Bagheera from The Jungle Book would be cool.
1703468592360.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom