One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1704257934475.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
Ecosphere Discovery Center
Welcome to the Ecosphere Discovery Center, this Wall-E inspired pavilion takes up the wonders of life pavilion which holds 1 trackless dark ride, a counter service restaurant and an exhibit about humanity’s relationship with space. The counter service restaurant will be themed to the restaurant on the space ship and the exhibit shows the history of man’s history with space. Ecovoyage: A WALL-E Adventure is a trackless dark ride through WALL-E’s adventures through the movie and the history of space and how we should take care of our planet.
More Space would help tie World Discovery together and fit in nicely with Mission: Space and Cosmic Rewind. More space also runs the risk of feeling repetitive, but centering it more around Wall-e and man's relationship with the stars really helps distinguish it. It isn't about space, its about mankind's ongoing dream of being out in space that has stayed with our species since the beginning of time. I just wish I could get slightly more detail on what the exhibit shows versus what the ride shows. Not much, this is the 1SC afterall, but just a bit of clarity on what might be in the exhibit or how the ride is about the movie and a history lesson and an environmental lesson all at once. There's some lofty goals here which I really appreciate it. And lets face it, at the end of the day, "I want to read more about your ideas" is a compliment lol
Love Pavillion

Behold the new idea of something so centric to Disney reborn and presented to you cleanly, in the magnificent form of the Love Pavillion, dedicated to Disney’s most romantic moments and couples!

View attachment 760806

The Love Pavillion has inspiration from Valentine’s Day, but is here all year round, so the history of Valentine’s Day can be accessed convincingly from the get -go when you’re here, to the point a statue of the saint is at the front. This doesn’t begin to cover the attractions found at the Pavilion; on top of meet and greets, there are rides including I See The Light, a boat ride taking you across many romantic Disney moments, A Whole New World, a motion simulator, and the return of Videopolis!
I See the Light in your Valentine's Pavilion might be a little similar to the boat ride featuring the I See the Light scene I made for our Valentine's Land in the Manor of Mysteries just last week. But I'll allow it since "boat ride past disney scenes" isn't exactly a groundbreaking idea lol. I like that in your research on valentines for our team's project you clearly came up with more ideas and fell in love with the love theme. Tracking influences like that is always a lot of fun! This is definitely an unconventional theme for an EPCOT Pavilion and one that might be more comfortable closer to Imagination rather than the more scientific side of the park. But overall I think the theme could definitely work with a more emotion based pavilion being a fun change of pace!
A new version of Horizons would've been my submission for this - and it's a natural, for sure - but someone else beat me to the punch, so time to improvise...

“small world” pavilion

A replica of Rolly Crump’s kinetic Tower of the Four Winds marks the entrance to a new pavilion hosting “it’s a small world”, moved here from the Magic Kingdom for a further renovation of Fantasyland and embracing the attraction’s origins as a pavilion at the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair. In addition to the main attraction (reimagined so guests can opt to sail around the world by boat or take flight in a makeshift hot-air balloon), guests can also dine in a “small world” bistro, tour an exhibit where they can learn more about the countries represented in the attraction, and design their own dolls, while younger guests can burn off some energy in a colorful play area in the stylings of Mary Blair’s signature city collages.
Small World at Epcot just feels right especially with the Tower of the Four Winds out front! I really love the idea of making it a dual ride too with the option to do the classic boat of the suspended hot air balloon. A Mary Blair themed play area would be great for Epcot especially in this spot right near Cosmic Rewind, Mission Space, and test Track where young kids need something to do. Designing your own Small World doll is also a really fun concept. My only real issue is that this feels more like a gateway to the World Showcase than a natural addition of the front part of the park. But then again the same could be said about Soarin' Around the World. Epcot has never been big on labels lol
Technology Pavilion

The World of Discovery’s focus on science and technology will be on display at the Technology Pavilion (sponsored by the world-famous interdisciplinary MIT Media Lab, whose mission is to positively impact society). This educational dark ride (which uses futuristic-looking vehicles designed by the Media Lab) journeys through scenes describing the history of scientific discoveries (such as Louis Pasteur’s discovery of the rabies vaccine in 1885) before showcasing some modern research from the MIT Media Lab (such as the tool of Artificial Intelligence and providing access to educational innovations especially for those in impoverished situations) including an interactive world map exhibit (including live data) that allows guests to see the effects of pollution. Similar to Chevrolet’s sponsorship of Test Track, MIT will be able to ask Disney to update sections of the attraction at Disney’s expense to reflect the newest developments in technological research.
View attachment 761113

Edit: to add interactive exhibit
This feels so "Epcot" and would be a great way to bring new energy to World Discovery while keeping the same theme! It feels almost like Innoventions as a full Pavilion with just a dash of Horizons, but without feeling like a rehash of either. The post show exhibit that makes this a full pavilion instead of just a ride is a little underwhelming, but the ride that anchors the pavilion is very strong! With a very interesting choice of sponsor that makes a lot of sense! I don't have a ton to say about the ride, but that's not a criticism. Just not much else to say beyond "well done!"

+1 Bonus - Very cool ride vehicle
The Robotic Pavilion
View attachment 761234

Over the last 40 years, Honda has been one of the forefront leaders on humanoid robotic designs with the E-series in the late 80's, to the P-series in the early 90's leading up to ASIMO in the 2000's and their new Avatar robots that are their current project. Throughout the pavilion, guests can work through the interactive attraction of the P1 Instruction Junction where guests "work" with an old Honda P1 robot through a series of instructions to complete basic tasks (walking through a door, picking something up, etc.). Guests can also board onto The Gears of Progress: A Robotic History, a dark ride designed to take guests through the history of human and robotic connections and advancements from the beginning of time, to the present, and into the future Honda has planned with their new avatar-based robots in the mid-2030's.​
Robots are just plain cool. A robot pavilion would be a blast! Getting to see these real life high tech robots in person in a fun setting (before we as a society inevitably have to fight off an army of them in 2035) is just a cool idea that really takes advantage of EPCOT as permanent world's fair giving Honda a chance to show off some of their coolest technology to the general public in a way that is so much more engaging than a simple tech demo on YouTube. The History of Robots dark ride is also really cool, although I would've loved to hear slightly more on what makes it special since Epcot has a had a couple of "History of..." dark rides over the years, but even as is it feels like a great continuation of that legacy! Afterall, as mentioned earlier, robots are just plain cool!

+1 Bonus - An excellent logo!
The Wonderful World Of Art is a pavilion taking guests into an art gallery filled with famous works. Guests can go on a trackless carriage similar to those of Mystic Manor or they can explore the gallery on foot. Works in the gallery include The Gare Saint-Lazare, Arrival of a Train by Monet, The Young Shepherdess by Bouguereau, Portrait of Madame X by Sargent, A Bar at the Folies-Bergère by Manet, Vanitas paintings In the style of the Dutch masters meant to remind us of our miserable mortal state, Las Meninas by Velasquez, The Gold Fish by Matisse, Portrait Of Jeanne Hebuterne In A Large Hat by Modigliani, Sun Flowers by Van Gogh, and Dora Maar by Picasso.View attachment 761245
Another art pavilion, but this one is much more of a traditional museum. Which might be a bit out of place in World Discovery (Putting this in World Celebration would fit a lot better), but as I've said before epcot has never really cared much about that lol. And a museum in epcot really does make total sense! I love the idea of being able to ride in a guided tour dark ride or to be able to wander at your own pace. I have some questions about the safety and practicality of that, but if it could be pulled off that would be an awesome idea!

+1 Bonus - some excellent work there!

cdunlap

World Mythos

View attachment 761382

EPCOT has always been about the future, but here we take a look to the past with a pavilion based on Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Norse mythology with attractions centered around each. Anchoring the Greek section and tying into the newest Disney+ show Percy Jackson will be an E-ticket swing arm thrill ride where guests will fight monsters such as the Furies, the Minotaur, and the Chimera alongside characters from the book series. Upon opening the Egyptian section will have a carousel with different gods animal associations, the Roman section will have a walk through art gallery, and the Norse section will include a Bifrost play area, with room for future expansion planned if received well by guests.
No Maya/Aztec representation. Sad! I weep!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1704257967600.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
Aeronautic Pavilion
View attachment 761321
The sibling pavilion to the Space Pavilion, the Aeronautic Pavilion focuses in on man's fascination with the sky above and the inventions they created for exploration and travel. This pavilion plays as host to The World Above Us, a suspended dark ride that takes guests on hot air balloons as they look through the evolution of manmade flight. The pavilion also has a fair number of interactive exhibits, including The Skunkworks, where guests can design their own aircraft and test them through simulations to determine how successful they are and how they can be improved.
The World Above Us might be just another "Epcot History of..." Dark Ride on the surface, but the twist of it being suspended which ties into the flight theme really does help distinguish it. I like how not only does this connect with the Space Pavilion as you mentioned, but it also connects with Test Track/World of Motion as planes are simply the cars of the sky as both deal with man made modes of transportation but from very different angles. It gives World Discovery a nice flow without any of the pavilions on that side feeling like the odd one out. Skunkworks (clever name btw) is a really fun interactive game to tie into this. A good blend of fun and edutainment!

+1 Bonus - Another wonderful logo!
View attachment 761332

A NEW PAVILLION AWAITS...

walking past the leafy playground of GPU Jungle and entering the glowing Cyberspace portal, discover the modern take on kid-friendly edutainment- The Cyberspace Pavillion, an all-new pavilion replacing the Wonders of Life Pavillion, dedicated to not just the innovation of technology, but shrinking down and stepping into technology with a multitude of worlds that make up the computer: CPU Plaza, SSD Speedway, Memory Meadow, and Cooling Springs. While it seems like an entirely original take on the concept of discovering worlds themed towards the inside of a computer, the land is inspired by the obscure PlayStation-Asobi IP Astro's Playroom, with two rides directly related to the lovable bot Astro: Network Speedrun (A simulator) and ASTROBOT: Virus Elimination Protocol (A WEBSLINGERS type shooting ride). Mixed with interactive exhibits teaching different systems, the land features a Cooling Brews bar and 8-bit Bites counter service, making this a truly retro-futuristic addition to Epcot- and finally, something for families to do.
I can't tell if I love the obscure IP and Playstation connection or if it just feels weird? I think honestly you should've gone further with it and had the pavilion sponsored by playstation with game/tech demo spaces. That being said, I adore the pavilion. The idea of going inside the computer (like physically inside of it) is so much fun and I don't think I've ever seen it before. A simulator might not be the most exciting, but it is always a solid addition and the high tech shooter ride is exactly the type of thing that epcot could use to round out its attraction line up. Although really at the end of the day the star of your proposal is the pavilion as a whole as it really is elevated above the sum of its parts!

+1 Bonus - Love me a good map
THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF WEATHERView attachment 761333

Acting as a complementary pavilion to World Discovery that also parallels The Land and the Seas, the World of Weather contains a refurbished and revived version of the Stormrider attraction from DisneySea as well as moving Soarin to it for additional capacity and thematic tie-ins.

These two attractions are bolstered by a walkthrough with animatronics charting the history of Meteorology named Watching The Skies, as well as a quick service restaurant named Airy Appetites, focusing on food "themed" to weather phenomena through clever platings such as sunny carbonara plates of pasta, drinks with specially made ice to look like hail, and crunchy thunder pop rocks in puffy cloud-like cakes and cookies.
This sounds like a lot of fun! You managed to do a great job taking a pavilion theme that naturally sounds like world Nature and finding a way to make it fit in World Discovery! While a strong concept, it isn't the most fun for a game like this when your only rides are copies of already existing ones (or past ones) with little to no changes. Not that its a bad idea, just not the most fun for a game like this. Plus, I'm not sure the practicality of moving Soarin if that would really be worth it. Especially since that means you now have two simulators in the same pavilion directly next to Mission: Space, another simulator. That being said, they are all funa nd this would be an excellent thematic fit. Watching the Skies is a really fun take on a museum that only Disney could do and your snacks/food are excellent! I really love the idea of thunder themed pop rocks. So simple and goofy in just the right way!

+1 Bonus - Fantastic Artwork!
World Mythos

View attachment 761382

EPCOT has always been about the future, but here we take a look to the past with a pavilion based on Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Norse mythology with attractions centered around each. Anchoring the Greek section and tying into the newest Disney+ show Percy Jackson will be an E-ticket swing arm thrill ride where guests will fight monsters such as the Furies, the Minotaur, and the Chimera alongside characters from the book series. Upon opening the Egyptian section will have a carousel with different gods animal associations, the Roman section will have a walk through art gallery, and the Norse section will include a Bifrost play area, with room for future expansion planned if received well by guests.
If we fight the furries, who will buy all our Zootopia merch?

*Rereads*

Of furies. Right. that makes more sense

Anyways. this is definitely an unconventional idea for a pavilion. But not neccessarily one that couldn't work. Especially with the greater focus on celebrating/showcasing the world/culture/history in modern epcot rather than just our advancements. Like a few other projects here, this would fit a lot better in World Celebration or at the gateway to the World Showcase rather than in World Discovery. But Epcot lands have always been pretty fuzzy in how they divide things. Myths are a perfect fit for epcot and while the YA Adventure tone of Percy Jackson might seem like an odd fit at first, that series really is a great example of edutainment considering how much Greek Mythology you're taught with multiple books in the series including appendixes just to learn more. All of your additions here are very strong with a falt ride, a museum, and a play area all filling niches that epcot need filled. The only issue really is the theme which might be a bit too much of a slant rhyme so to speak.

+1 Bonus - Love the lightning bolt. Is it stolen? ;)

No Maya/Aztec representation. Sad! I weep!
your so right. I mostly went with ones I know Riordan has done book series on (Percy Jackson and Greek, More Percy Jackson and Roman, The Kane Cronicals and Egyptian, and Magnus Chase with Norse) But considering I am actually part Aztec that would of been a great addition. I gotta stop waiting till the last minute to do these, there are so many better ideas once I actually start thinking.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

wfH4MNC.png

@OvertheHorizon - Wish Upon a Star
&
@Brer Panther - Element City

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. Both of these were very close to the top 3, but what earned the shared Honorable Mention is that both these projects included such surprising IP yet made them fit like a glove inside of EPCOT!

fi8BZ2h.png

@AceAstro - The Robotic Pavilion

A great Pavilion and a perfect encapsulation of the permanent World's Fair Concept that is at the heart of EPCOT! The only thing holding you back is needing a bit more of a unique angle for the main ride to distinguish it from past Epcot "history of..." dark rides.

oUugaAj.png

@Disney Warrior - Art Pavilion

A Something about this pitch just really spoke to me. I love it! Really does feel like a great space to explore and be inspired by. The only thing holding you back from the top spot is the lack of a strong anchor attraction to draw guests in, although I do love a good flat

1704258919743.png

@Architectural Guinea Pig - The Cyberspace Pavilion

A perfect pavilion with a great balance of games, displays, rides, and snacks! The IP usage threw me off a little bit with how obscure it was, but the idea of a cute robot showing you around the insdie of a computer is so strong and universal that whether there's inspiration from a game or not is irrelevant. It's just a fun, well balanced pavilion that fits the land and the park perfectly!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Four
Parades are Universal

sCVudWO.png

Welcome one and all to the fourth prompt of the One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators!
Feel free to join in even if you missed the previous rounds

-The Set Up-
It is the Present Day and you are in an Elevator with the head of Universal Creative, Joe SeaWorld*!

Universal Studios Florida has never had a big focus on their parades. They've had a few over the years, but they've never been anything special. The holiday parades can be really nice, but the regular year round parades have always left a lot to be desired. This isn't a problem for Universal Studios Japan though

(Click the picture for a more detailed look at the No Limits Parade and the Spectacular Night Parade)

It's time to bring some of that energy to Universal Orlando! A daytime parade, a dance party parade with high energy excitement, a nighttime parade full of enchanting lights, something themed around a variety of movies or something centered around a single franchise. Even a deal with an outside studio similar to all the anime tie ins Universal Japan does or all the different horror properties UO works with for Halloween Horror Nights. There are a ton of possibilities here! One might even say there are no limits

-Challenge-

Pitch a new Parade for Universal Studios Florida!

-Rules-
  • Please keep in mind what IPs Universal has access to or could realistically license (Nothing owned by Disney or Fox with the exception of properties already found in Universal parks). This does take place in present day so all current Universal IP is fair game and Universal is very willing to go outside the box with what companies they'll partner with.​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, January 6th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Music is Universal

Include a song in your proposal. A bit of mood music is a great way to set your projects apart in competitions. It is a fantastic way to set the emotional tone for your writing and help immerse your readers in the world you are creating. Plus, music is fun! What would a parade be without a good song!

This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

*Joe SeaWorld's name is an unfortunate coincidence

Disney Warrior

Wonders of Nintendo Parade
IMG_5348.jpeg

Acting as both a promotion for Super Nintendo World at Universal’s upcoming third gate and as a way to celebrate Nintendo’s greatest IPs, the Wonders of Nintendo Parade is a daytime parade (duh) that shows off the best of what Nintendo has to offer. Along the streets of New York and Production Central in Universal Studios Florida, watch as large floats (that look like traditional parade floats, not like the above image) of characters from Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Super Mario (which is the ending float) roll along the streets, accompanied by orchestrated remixes of popular tunes including World 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros, Green Greens from Kirby’s Dream Land, and the Paldea overworld theme from Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Along the parade route, you can also interact with costumed characters such as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link, Kirby, Samus, Isabelle, Pikachu, and an Inkling (though the human-like characters are face characters) by meet-and-greeting with them.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Pandemonium Cartoon Circus Parade
1704288110475.png
Universal has a lot of cartoon IPs under its belt (including some that aren't owned by Universal), so why not take advantage of that - AND resurrect a long-closed Islands of Adventure show at the same time? Popeye, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, Dudley Do-Right, and their chums make their way down the streets of Universal Studios, performing tricks and riding colorful circus wagons - with Ringmaster Bullwinkle J. Moose at the front of the pack, driving (or attempting to, anyway) the circus train.

Bonus:

Miru

The Past Roars Parade

A parade dedicated to a bevy of lesser-known Universal movies that didn’t get attractions of their own at any point, from the silent era to today, floats sorted by genre. A celebration of Universal’s entire history, even the more regrettable parts of it, proceeds along with traditional parade music as a contrast to Disney’s parades and more of a “realistic” atmosphere.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
The Scare Parade
This new parade at universal is themed around the scariest properties cinema has ever made. The floats will be themed to scream, Friday the 13th, chucky, stranger things, nightmare on elf street, and FNAF. The floats will be themed to their respective franchises and guests who love Halloween horror nights are going to have a blast with this parade.

Bonus: The parade’s soundtrack will kind of be a mix of the most iconic horror songs. Since most of the songs are instrumental, the singing parts of the song will be FNAF songs such as Five Nights At Freddy’s and It’s Been So Long.

In the Parks
No
Universal's Reels of Adventure
Universal presents a fun look back at some of the greatest movies ever produced by the studio during their first stateside Nighttime Parade with 1000s of LED lights, beginning in the silent era with B&W floats and period appropriate "cinema organ," moving to the classic monster films of the 1930s and 1940s, to the westerns of the 1950s and 1960s, and then the blockbusters of the 1970s and beyond (Jaws, ET, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, etc, incorporating the score tracks); the parade ends with a "megafloat" of characters from Universal's most recent films (these can be easily swapped out) dancing to the new, original theme song for the parade (this is my bonus):

Tonight is the night when the stars come alive,
Come 'back to the future,' shift the car into drive!
Lights, camera, action!
It all starts tonight!
Adventure awaits when the stars come alive!

Silent magic, monstrous and tragic!
Tumbleweeds, a smoking gun!
Killer sharks, and a dinosaur park!
Here it comes, you better run!

Tonight is the night when the stars come alive!
The magic of Hollywood, lights shining bright!
Cut! That's a wrap! Have a wonderful night!
Adventure awaits when the stars come alive!

ThemeParkPriest

@Architectural Guinea Pig - The Cyberspace Pavilion

A perfect pavilion with a great balance of games, displays, rides, and snacks! The IP usage threw me off a little bit with how obscure it was, but the idea of a cute robot showing you around the insdie of a computer is so strong and universal that whether there's inspiration from a game or not is irrelevant. It's just a fun, well balanced pavilion that fits the land and the park perfectly!
Wow everyone is definitely bringing their 'A' game! Props especially to AGP; getting a first place here while also busy with the Manor of Mysteries comp!

Evilgidgit

CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT PARADE

horror-movie-crossovers-great-and-strange-1.jpg
Children of the Night Parade, as the name suggests, is a tribute to Universal's (and others) iconic catalogue of horror films and icons, split across three different sections. The Age of Shadows unit celebrates the Universal Monsters, who lure and entice us from their gothic spires, Frankenstein's lab, and the Parisian catacombs, whilst the Age of Blood celebrates the slashers of the 80s like Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Michael Myers, and Chucky as they prowl the parade route. The third unit, the Age of Fear, includes modern monsters, including Sadako Yamamura emerging from her well amongst other Japanese phantoms, whilst the ghouls of Blumhouse - the Lipstick Demon, Mr. Boogie, Babyface, and a dancing squad of M3GAN - bring this sinister soiree to a close.

Disney Warrior

Wonders of Nintendo Parade
View attachment 761390

Acting as both a promotion for Super Nintendo World at Universal’s upcoming third gate and as a way to celebrate Nintendo’s greatest IPs, the Wonders of Nintendo Parade is a parade (duh) that shows off the best of what Nintendo has to offer. Along the streets of New York and Production Central in Universal Studios Florida, watch as large floats (that look like traditional parade floats, not like the above image) of characters from Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Super Mario (which is the ending float) roll along the streets, accompanied by orchestrated remixes of popular tunes including World 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros, Green Greens from Kirby’s Dream Land, and the Paldea overworld theme from Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Along the parade route, you can also interact with costumed characters such as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Link, Kirby, Samus, Isabelle, Pikachu, and an Inkling (though the human-like characters are face characters) by meet-and-greeting with them.

Now updated (no longer TBA)

OvertheHorizon

Is there anything that will bring a smile to the faces of young and old alike more than a parade of Minions? Kevin and Stuart lead a double-file army of Minions through Universal Studios Orlando, with a centerpiece float carrying Felonious Gru (shouting his typical nonsense) while behind him, more Minions interact with guests along the way. Music associated with these storied characters (like the one below) accompanies their comic antics along the parade route.

Bonus Music:

ThemeParkPriest

Scooby-Doo and the Monster Rally
1704386240897.png

Bringing together Universal’s love of monsters, Americans’ obsession of decked-out cars, and everybody’s favorite mystery-solving dog, “Scooby-Doo and the Monster Rally” parade at Universal Studios Orlando will surely excite guests of all ages. Based on the 1988 movie “Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf,” the parade starts with a couple of hunchbacks ("The Hunch Bunch") in a helicopter bringing Scooby-Doo and Norville Rogers (note: I can't use his nickname on here; also, there is no Scrappy-Doo so as to not annoy guests) to Transylvania to race against the scariest monsters. The following are many of the vehicles that come in procession: Werewolf Wagon, Freaky Frankenwagon, Slime Speedster (Swamp Thing), Couldron Coupé (Witch Sisters), Bone Bomber (Bonejangles the skeleton), Mummymobile, Split-Personality Special (Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Snyde), Dragon Dragster (Dragonfly), the Dracmobile (Dracula), and finally Scooby-Doo and Norville in the Double-Dyno Turbo Blaster (designed to resemble the Mystery Machine).

Music:
“Doing the Werewolf Rock” by Sven Libeak

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Four
Parades are Universal

sCVudWO.png

Welcome one and all to the fourth prompt of the One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators!
Feel free to join in even if you missed the previous rounds

-The Set Up-
It is the Present Day and you are in an Elevator with the head of Universal Creative, Joe SeaWorld*!

Universal Studios Florida has never had a big focus on their parades. They've had a few over the years, but they've never been anything special. The holiday parades can be really nice, but the regular year round parades have always left a lot to be desired. This isn't a problem for Universal Studios Japan though

(Click the picture for a more detailed look at the No Limits Parade and the Spectacular Night Parade)

It's time to bring some of that energy to Universal Orlando! A daytime parade, a dance party parade with high energy excitement, a nighttime parade full of enchanting lights, something themed around a variety of movies or something centered around a single franchise. Even a deal with an outside studio similar to all the anime tie ins Universal Japan does or all the different horror properties UO works with for Halloween Horror Nights. There are a ton of possibilities here! One might even say there are no limits

-Challenge-

-Rules-
  • Please keep in mind what IPs Universal has access to or could realistically license (Nothing owned by Disney or Fox with the exception of properties already found in Universal parks). This does take place in present day so all current Universal IP is fair game and Universal is very willing to go outside the box with what companies they'll partner with.​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, January 6th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Music is Universal

Include a song in your proposal. A bit of mood music is a great way to set your projects apart in competitions. It is a fantastic way to set the emotional tone for your writing and help immerse your readers in the world you are creating. Plus, music is fun! What would a parade be without a good song!

This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

*Joe SeaWorld's name is an unfortunate coincidence
I didn't notice when I put the date that it is due the same day as the current project for Manor of Mysteries. The One Sentence Competition shouldn't take a lot of time or effort so it shouldn't be an issue, but if anyone wants it I'd be more than happy to delay the due date for this prompt until Sunday. I want this to be as fun and stress free as possible!

Suchomimus

DreamWorks' Dazzling Display
DreamWorks-Animation-Movies-957x550.jpg
A new nighttime parade, the DreamWorks Dazzling Display pulls from DreamWorks Animation's most beloved and colorful films and franchises. The parade features performers, music from the films, and grand parade floats where not only can you find iconic DreamWorks characters like King Julian, Po, and Megamind, but as well, colorfully light-up character cars and floats depicting iconic locations such as Far Far Away, Pop Village, and the Isle of Berk.
Bonus:
One of the songs featured as part of the Puss in Boots Float:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom