One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

DisneyManOne

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

1b65367bc78656e790f148ab5a973d34.jpg

With Tangled more than proving its worth at the box office and with critics, it was only natural that a ride based on the movie should serve as the centerpiece of New Fantasyland. Setting sail aboard our very own rowboat, we glide around the iconic tower before heading inside the caverns to relive the tale of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider...or should that be Eugene Fitzherbert? Of course, the ride's highlight is the "I See the Light" sequence, where you sail through a giant dome filled to the brim with floating lanterns.

Miru

theowlhouseheader.jpg
Luz & Amity’s Journey

This is a revamped Motor Boat Cruise for Disneyland Park based around the popular TV series The Owl House and it’s compelling world and narrative, going beyond the simple cutouts of Gummi Bear Glen to give a more immersive experience into the world of the Boiling Isles. Meet your favorite characters from the show; including King, Eda, and even the evil Belos, on your aquatic journey through scenic caverns accompanied by stirring music.

Miru

tigger-movie-5-1.png
Sorry: Missed the point. Here’s my real entry.

The Tigger Ride

An expansion of Pooh into a mini-land, this ride uses a similar system, but with a major enhancement; the vehicle can “bounce” forward and “pounce”, allowing for a more in-character presentation based on the turn of the Millenium classic, a tale of rediscovery and family alike. Journey alongside Tigger to find out if he’s truly “the only one” on a search for his family tree, travelling all over the world he knows well, and ultimately saving your friends, your real family, from an avalanche.

Disney Dad 3000

Hercules: A Hero's Journey

Hercules.png

Debuting as a true E ticket and feature attraction of a revamped New Fantasyland, comes Hercules: A Hero's Journey (Yellow), set at the back of the land within an expanded plot initially intended for The Little Mermaid. This reshuffling helps set the unique theme of the attraction back off the beaten path a bit, shifts small-scale items from Beauty and the Beast (Orange) and creates a true Enchanted Forest (Green) walkthrough section of the land for guests to explore along with 2 small footprint flat rides themed to Snow White/7 Dwarves (Red) and the Cheshire Cat (Beige). With development on Shanghai Disneyland underway for groundbreaking in 2011, WDI utilizes the magnetic boat ride technology slated for Pirates of the Caribbean taking guests on a marvelous adventure through ancient Greece following Hercules' journey to become a hero as he battles the cyclops, the Hydra and ventures into the underworld, all accompanied by a rip-roaring soundtrack.

WaltWiz1901

This first challenge is right up my alley, considering how underwhelming I thought New Fantasyland was (both what was announced and, admittedly, what was built), so I had quite a number of different ideas to pitch. But here's one that came to mind most of all...

Mr. Toad’s Motor Mania

Screenshot 2023-12-20 115518.png

Everyone’s favorite rogue amphibian makes his much-requested return to the Magic Kingdom as one of the main draws of their New Fantasyland - and the centerpiece of the Enchanted Forest sub-area!

Boarding their motorcar, guests dart out of Toad Hall into the countryside, through the streets (and buildings) of town, and ultimately towards the Tower of London to break an imprisoned J.T. Toad out of jail. With Audio-Animatronics and special effects aplenty and a unique slot car system, Motor Mania is sure to give guests quite a thrill as they embark on a wild ride “nowhere in particular”!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
theowlhouseheader.jpg
Luz & Amity’s Journey

This is a revamped Motor Boat Cruise for Disneyland Park based around the popular TV series The Owl House and it’s compelling world and narrative, going beyond the simple cutouts of Gummi Bear Glen to give a more immersive experience into the world of the Boiling Isles. Meet your favorite characters from the show; including King, Eda, and even the evil Belos, on your aquatic journey through scenic caverns accompanied by stirring music.
tigger-movie-5-1.png
Sorry: Missed the point. Here’s my real entry.

The Tigger Ride

An expansion of Pooh into a mini-land, this ride uses a similar system, but with a major enhancement; the vehicle can “bounce” forward and “pounce”, allowing for a more in-character presentation based on the turn of the Millenium classic, a tale of rediscovery and family alike. Journey alongside Tigger to find out if he’s truly “the only one” on a search for his family tree, travelling all over the world he knows well, and ultimately saving your friends, your real family, from an avalanche.
I was so blinded by my love for the Owl House that I briefly forgot the rules for my own prompts lol. Good catch changing it!

Evilgidgit

W.I.T.C.H.: GUARDIANS OF THE VEIL
WITCH.jpg
Guests will be drawn to the foreboding castle on the hill of thorns looming over New Fantasyland, the home of the evil Prince Phobos, ruler of Meridian, and enemy of W.I.T.C.H. - Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin - five magical girls chosen by the Heart of Kandrakar to defend the infinite dimensions from evil.

Disney's forgotten comic book and animated series come to life in this enchanting new, trackless dark ride, as guests venture into the dark recesses of Phobos' castle, joining W.I.T.C.H. as they use their elemental powers to rescue their friend Caleb from Phobos' clutches.

Guests ride in gyroball-esque vehicles called "Kandra-cars" (as quipped by Hay Lin), sneaking at first through the castle's dungeons and passageways, but a confrontation with Phobos' snake-like minion Lord Cedric exposes guests, leading to a wild, magical chase through the halls as W.I.T.C.H. fend off the villains, so guests can escape through a nearby portal with Caleb and bring a little hope to Meridian.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
W.I.T.C.H.: GUARDIANS OF THE VEIL
View attachment 759706
Guests will be drawn to the foreboding castle on the hill of thorns looming over New Fantasyland, the home of the evil Prince Phobos, ruler of Meridian, and enemy of W.I.T.C.H. - Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin - five magical girls chosen by the Heart of Kandrakar to defend the infinite dimensions from evil.

Disney's forgotten comic book and animated series come to life in this enchanting new, trackless dark ride, as guests venture into the dark recesses of Phobos' castle, joining W.I.T.C.H. as they use their elemental powers to rescue their friend Caleb from Phobos' clutches.

Guests ride in gyroball-esque vehicles called "Kandra-cars" (as quipped by Hay Lin), sneaking at first through the castle's dungeons and passageways, but a confrontation with Phobos' snake-like minion Lord Cedric exposes guests, leading to a wild, magical chase through the halls as W.I.T.C.H. fend off the villains, so guests can escape through a nearby portal with Caleb and bring a little hope to Meridian.
You weren’t kidding when you said forgotten because I have never heard of this

spacemt354

Chili's
Robin Hood's Royal Runaway
1180w-600h_110818_robin-hood-45th-anniversary.jpg

This adventure takes place deep in the Sherwood Forest where Robin Hood and Little John have stolen the cottages carrying taxes levied by Prince John on the inhabitants of Nottingham. Guests board the open-air carriages for a rambunctious runaway roller-coaster type family ride through the forest as you get away with the gold. Within the attraction are three dark ride segments inside the hills of the forest where audio-animatronics of Robin Hood and Little John greet you and cheer you on as you escape Little John's clutches.

Solaris Knight

Fantasies of Liberty

1703122855721.png

Acting as a dark ride coaster hybrid akin to Revenge of the Mummy or Gringotts, this focuses on the thematic transition between Liberty Square and Fantasyland, telling the fairy tales and folklore of America. This ride would go through legends of American history from the myths of the native Choctaw tribe of Florida to the folk heroes like Paul Bunyan and John Henry, this is classic Disney edutainment through and through!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Unknown.jpeg

Pinocchio’s Monstro-us Adventure
A log flume dark ride with an outdoor drop, this attraction adds some much-needed kinetic energy to northern New Fantasyland. It also appeases some of New Fantasyland's critics by appealing to nostalgia and reviving a classic ride concept. With captivating visual effects and a simplified story, Pinocchio’s Monstro-us Adventure is the perfect balance of show and thrill and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser among guests of all ages!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Fantasies of Liberty

View attachment 759711

Acting as a dark ride coaster hybrid akin to Revenge of the Mummy or Gringotts, this focuses on the thematic transition between Liberty Square and Fantasyland, telling the fairy tales and folklore of America. This ride would go through legends of American history from the myths of the native Choctaw tribe of Florida to the folk heroes like Paul Bunyan and John Henry, this is classic Disney edutainment through and through!
What in tarnation

Suchomimus

Fantasia Rivers
DEcNZviU0AAgrIH
The revitalization of Animal Kingdom's Fantasia Gardens, Fantasia Rivers is an indoor boat ride where the exterior is a grandiose mountain dotted with forests and cascades and Yen Sid's Castle at the base as the ride's entrance, where the sorcerer toils all day studying the magic of music with the intent to share that knowledge with the world. Going from Yen Sid's Boathouse, intrepid guests board ornately decorated swan boats; as homages to both the deleted The Swan of Tuonela segment and the original Main Street Swan Boats; and float past scenes that are inspired by Fantasia and Fantasia 2000's segments that pertain to myth and fantasy. Indeed, this ride's show scenes are brought to life with the enchanting music and through advanced animatronics and special effects that recapture the majesty of both Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

As the “Beauty and the Beast Coaster” (located next to the new Be Our Guest restaurant) starts its journey through Beast’s Mansion and climbs the lift hill, Audio Animatronics of Beast tells Lumiere and Cogsworth that if Belle won’t eat with him, then she won’t eat at all. As the spinning coaster train dives and spins through the kitchen, guests see large AAs of all of the eclectic mansion characters “sing and dance” as they seek to give their best French hospitality. Each spinning coaster train contains 2 cars of 4 passengers (nearly doubling the capacity of Crush’s Coaster) on the 2-minute indoor journey.

1703291073700.png

Note: My favorite color is green.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
View attachment 760042
We already have 17 submissions so far! The last time I hosted there was only 19 players total the entire Episode!
Truly blown away by the response so far and really honored by all the excitement here
I’m late, I’m late, oh I am so very late. Wait I’m early, I don’t think this has ever happened before

AceAstro

Mickey's Great Race

1703356250183.png

With the closing of Mickey Mouse Revue in 2003, and Mickey's Toontown Fair closing for New Fantasyland, Mickey Mouse no longer has a permanent home within Magic Kingdom, until now. Taking the area where 7DMT was supposed to go, a new racing based coaster is built where Mickey organizes a massive race throughout Fantasyland with all of the classic characters. Guests board into long "soap box cars" themed to all sorts of Disney characters (the princesses, Parks Original characters, Disney Renaissance movies, etc.) as they race through a track set up in the enchanted forest, having a random car win every race.

mharrington

Mickey and the Beanstalk
1703356209712.png

Located in the center of Fantasyland where the princess meet-n-greets were planned, there is a brand-new roller coaster themed around this moment in Mickey Mouse's career. After wending through their cottage, join Mickey, Donald and Goofy as they climb the beanstalk and discover at the top Willie the Giant's castle and discovering the Golden Harp of Happy Valley being held captive there. Then the thrilling coaster aspect takes over as the giant catches everyone in the act of retrieving the harp and chases everyone down the beanstalk!

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Well, Joe... I do have an idea! Since this elevator is pretty long, here's a pitch for this idea I had... what do you think?

IMG_2977.jpeg

DRAGON MOUNTAIN

Behind the misty and magical leaves of The Enchanted Forest, Disney's newest sub-land for their New Fantasyland Project (a project in its third iteration, featuring a BATB dark ride, dragon cavern animatronic, Cottage meet and greet, forest walkthrough, Spinning Swamp flat ride), is Dragon Mountain, a cavernous rocky mountain whose caverns and slopes twist upwards to its thin peak, one filled with glowing green lights and the Earth Dragon.

This family-friendly roller coaster weaving in and out of the rocky peaks begins with its queue at The Palace of Autumn, a natural palace designed for the second park for HKDL, which has long been thrown away into Imagineering cans, a castle where everything is made by nature and designed for nature, serving as the centerpiece of the land (with the mountain in the backdrop) and visible by the imaginative eye, which you can discover at your own pace, which the queue does not touch, instead moves guests along its sides and transports them into the glowing caverns of Dragon Mountain, where magical Spirit Flames beckon anyone who comes close to meet it. Going through dark tunnels, we finally reach a large cavern filled with bioluminescent waterfalls and glowing crystals, all guarded by the Earth Dragon, who we meet once we board the roller coaster, one that slowly climbs up in the darkness, spins around with family-friendly loops and bunny hops, finally getting a close encounter with the Earth Dragon who will protect its treasures and scare the living daylights of the residents of the Enchanted Forest in this D/E-ticket attraction, whom we realize at the end, is a gentle creature, making this ride an impressive, original feat by Imagineering straying away from the lure of IP but making it a timeless, romantic journey of knights and dragons, for all the family (and those princess things are still there, just much more subdued ovo) to experience.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Well, Joe... I do have an idea! Since this elevator is pretty long, here's a pitch for this idea I had... what do you think?

View attachment 760116

DRAGON MOUNTAIN

Behind the misty and magical leaves of The Enchanted Forest, Disney's newest sub-land for their New Fantasyland Project (a project in its third iteration, featuring a BATB dark ride, dragon cavern animatronic, Cottage meet and greet, forest walkthrough, Spinning Swamp flat ride), is Dragon Mountain, a cavernous rocky mountain whose caverns and slopes twist upwards to its thin peak, one filled with glowing green lights and the Earth Dragon.

This family-friendly roller coaster weaving in and out of the rocky peaks begins with its queue at The Palace of Autumn, a natural palace designed for the second park for HKDL, which has long been thrown away into Imagineering cans, a castle where everything is made by nature and designed for nature, serving as the centerpiece of the land (with the mountain in the backdrop) and visible by the imaginative eye, which you can discover at your own pace, which the queue does not touch, instead moves guests along its sides and transports them into the glowing caverns of Dragon Mountain, where magical Spirit Flames beckon anyone who comes close to meet it. Going through dark tunnels, we finally reach a large cavern filled with bioluminescent waterfalls and glowing crystals, all guarded by the Earth Dragon, who we meet once we board the roller coaster, one that slowly climbs up in the darkness, spins around with family-friendly loops and bunny hops, finally getting a close encounter with the Earth Dragon who will protect its treasures and scare the living daylights of the residents of the Enchanted Forest in this D/E-ticket attraction, whom we realize at the end, is a gentle creature, making this ride an impressive, original feat by Imagineering straying away from the lure of IP but making it a timeless, romantic journey of knights and dragons, for all the family (and those princess things are still there, just much more subdued ovo) to experience.
This is one long sentence, no offense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom