One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun

Brer Panther

A Muppet Christmas Carol for WDW’s HM, with the Marleys in the ballroom singing their song, Yet To Come pointing replacing the caretaker, Christmas Past replacing both Constance and Little Leota with her own little “Merry Christmas!” messages for both scenes, Christmas Present narrating the scenes, Scrooge replacing Master Gracey’s portrait, the music of the classic film, and Christmas Past, Present, and Yet To Come as the Hitchhiking Ghosts!
I really like this idea, but if I do have one nitpick, I think it'd work better having Gonzo and Rizzo narrate.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Nintendo Pixel Diner

View attachment 686220View attachment 686221

Step back into the 80’s, during Nintendo’s early days, and immerse yourself in this nostalgic diner containing simple pixel murals of your favorite characters (Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, and more!) with backdrops using LED on walls to make them move. Replacing Johnny Rocket’s at Universal CityWalk Hollywood, this diner will not only features the classic burger n’ fries and Nintendo game-themed foods, but also a casual table service experience for everyone to enjoy!

Bonus - Mario’s Gingerbread Fort

To celebrate the Holidays, diners can buy this sweet little gingerbread house, easy to take apart and eat as awesome cookies!
Super-mario-brothers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

cdunlap

I really like this idea, but if I do have one nitpick, I think it'd work better having Gonzo and Rizzo narrate.
But it’s not structurally similar to ACC, which would make narration seem a little off! Anyways, I’m expanding on this for a UK Pavilion dark ride!

Tony the Tigger

Grandma’s Italian Sunday “Gravy” Trattoria

Not a pizzeria nor a traditional Italian restaurant, this fast-casual table service CityWalk hotspot does one thing and does it well: special, slow-cooked “Sunday gravy” (“sauce” to some of you) with all the meats like pork, hot or sweet sausage, beef bracciole, and meatballs like they’re supposed to be.

You pick your shape of pasta (including a keto option) pick your gravy (with pork, beef, both, or vegan) pick a side salad and a dessert - and mangia to make your Grandma proud!

174F9BE2-AF02-4B17-BA4B-408BC9BABE15.jpeg

Holiday bonus dish: Lobster Gravy

Traditionally made only on Christmas Eve for the Feast of the Seven Fishes, Lobster gravy (featuring sweet rock lobster tails to flavor the gravy instead of beef or pork - a unique and delicious taste hard to find anywhere) will be available from mid-December through mid-January - along with a special limited time peppermint-crunch cannoli!

C1F8343F-6479-42F4-B6AA-EC7CDB7C6F8D.jpeg

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

Boston to Beijing: Asian Fusion
Filling the unmet need for table service Asian food at CityWalk, Boston to Beijing takes everyone’s avorite Asian dishes and gives them an American twist—try the Korean Bulgogi Burger (with fries), Mac and Cheese with Hibachi Chicken and Veggies, or the Tempura Shrimp Tacos. The decor of the restaurant also brings together the diverse cultures with some parts American (including the dining tables as well as pictures of American inventions in Asian markets) and some parts Asian (including the lighting as wells as pictures of people in Boston’s Chinatown, Asian neighborhoods in Queens, and Los Angeles’ Koreatown).
1671482652526.jpeg

Bonus: No need for food coloring in the restaurant’s special Christmas dessert—Red Bean Cheesecake, which is the perfect fusion of nutritious and sweet.
1671482501465.jpeg

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
8893E24E-6F4F-4473-832C-2273856309FA.png

Dropkick your tastebuds at the all new WWE SmackDown Diner opening this summer at Universal Orlando!

This all new dining experience is a wrestling fan’s ultimate dream, featuring a plethora of WWE memorabilia, personal favorite dishes of WWE Superstars, televisions streaming highlights of recent and classic wrestling programming, and in-person appearances from WWE Superstars!

BONUS

Becky Lynch’s The Man-burger
It may not be very Christmassy, but it does have legendary flavor!​

Suchomimus

Das Haus des Kochs
zum-deutschen-haus.jpg
Coming to Universal Orlando, Das Haus des Kochs (German for The Cook's House) invites weary travelers a chance to rest while the family of cooks prepare and serve traditional German cuisines such as Sauerbraten (roast beef stew), Maultaschen (dumplings from southern Germany), and reibekuchen (fried potato pancakes), with beers and specialty drinks hailing from Germany to go along with this authentic German experience, as well as German-American menu items like hamburgers and and sausages on offer. Each dining room is a unique experience with places like a music room with homages to Germany's classic musicians, a library with old folktales and literary tales from around the country, and Grandfather's study, complete with a log fire and artifacts from medieval Germany.
Bonus: Baked Gingerbread Apples
1671507919165.jpeg
These sweet-spicy baked apples stuffed with chocolate and crumbled German gingerbread (lebkuchen), and garnished with whipped cream and crystallized ginger are sure to become a holiday favorite for parkgoers.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
View attachment 686114
Seasons greetings imagineers! The third challenge is ready to serve, and hopefully you all brought your appetites! For this challenge you're all tasked with creating a whole new table service restaurant, but the catch? It must be located at Universal CityWalk! That's right for this challenge you must leave behind the safety of Disney, and embrace its rival. Feel free to locate this sit down dining experience at any CityWalk around the world.

-Challenge-
Design a new table service dining experience for Universal CityWalk.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Monday, Saturday 19th at 11:59 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Bonus: The Holiday Dish

View attachment 686115

What would be the holidays without a signature dish? For this bonus create your table service's signature HOLIDAY offering rather it be a dish, drink, dessert, go crazy and satisfy that merry tastebud of yours! The bonus point will be given to the person whose dish best represents their dining concept AND the holidays. You may use an additional sentence and an additional image for your bonus.​
To make sure I get in better health the deadline has postponed to 12/20 at 10:00 PM. Sorry guys but yea I need the rest. Feel free to do any edits or anything to your projects till then :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom