One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Mickey’s International Holiday Pageant: A Musical

Taking place in Epcot’s America Gardens Theater and part of the International Festival of Holidays , we begin with a american-type Christmas celebration, with one carol, the lighting of a small Christmas tree, and Mickey also in the celebration, but then, it follows with all the lights suddenly turned off, and a minor sad sound effect turned up, and when lights are back on, everything is gone expect Mickey…

Suddenly, festive music starts flowing around, and then, we begin with 4 minute “presentations” of different holiday cultures around the world, with props and a festive song for each, featuring the pavilions at world showcase, making a wonderful learning-entertainment experience, with your favorite Mouse involved.

2DBAC3A4-94E0-4AD8-8A8B-A17D90DE7A42.jpeg

Last edited:

TheSorcerersApprentice

Guardians of the Galaxy: A Cosmic Christmas Adventure

1671307689699.png

It's Christmas time at Avengers Campus and the Guardians of the Galaxy are back in town to spread some holiday cheer, but when the mischievous Kree empire threatens to ruin the celebrations, it's up to Star-Lord, Gamora, Groot, Rocket and Drax to save the day. Through a combination of a soundtrack mixing holiday classics (such as Jingle Bell Rock, Deck the Halls and Santa Claus is Coming to Town) and original Guardians of the Galaxy-themed songs (including A Cosmic Christmas, I Don't Know What Christmas Is (But Christmastime is here) and I Want a Groot for Christmas), a variety of special effects (including laser lights, smoke machines, pyrotechnics, puppetry and special costumes), Guest interactivity(by providing the show's narration in both French and English and inviting Guests to sing and dance along, as well as high fiving or taking photos with characters) and a detailed decor of the Milano space ship landed on a stage decorated with holiday lights and decorations, Guests will witness how with the help of Iron Man and Captain Marvel, the Guardians must use their powers and teamwork to defeat the Kree and save Christmas.

Lizzy May Bee

A Life Day Carol (Joke Submission)
C9AC8478-4242-4F45-9C72-2F59ABF8873E.jpeg

In MY Christmas Carol (coming to galaxy’s edge), I will rewrite the prequels to make them a live 3 hour musical about Anakin realizing that killing a bunch of people is wrong, after he’s visited by the ghosts of Life Day past (Qui Gon Jinn) present (Jar Jar) and future (Jabba). Truly this will be the most Christmas of all carols​

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
A Life Day Carol (Joke Submission)
View attachment 686080

In MY Christmas Carol (coming to galaxy’s edge), I will rewrite the prequels to make them a live 3 hour musical about Anakin realizing that killing a bunch of people is wrong, after he’s visited by the ghosts of Life Day past (Qui Gon Jinn) present (Jar Jar) and future (Jabba). Truly this will be the most Christmas of all carols​
Oh yeah. My version of A Christmas Carol will be based on the broadway version of The Muppet Christmas Carol musical. The show will have interactive gags, musical score, effects like snow and smoke. I love the Muppet Christmas Carol so much and I watched it every year. @tcool123 did you like my idea?

TheSorcerersApprentice

Since there were a lot of Christmas Carol prompts, I decided to alter my submission, but still wanted to share my initial plan:

Yo Ho Ho Pirate Carols!

1671321367199.png

While pirates are heavily preparing to celebrate, Captain Jack Sparrow is feeling particularly grinchy this holiday season and is then visited by three ghostly pirates who show him the error of his ways and help him rediscover the true meaning of Christmas. Guests will be encouraged to sing along and participate as a band of jolly buccaneers dressed in traditional pirate attire, with holiday-themed accents such as Santa hats and mistletoe perform a shanty-type re-telling of Jack's Christmas Carols through a medley of holiday classics and original songs with a pirate twist (including Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Eggnog, Deck the Hulls with Boughs of Holly, I'll Be Home for Christmas and the Twelve Days of Christmas (Pirate Edition)).

Tony the Tigger

Rudolph’s Last Christmas Adventure

Around the whale tank at SeaWorld, Rudolph’s new musical includes classic songs like “We’re A Couple Of Misfits” with Hermey the elf, Rudolph’s famous theme song, an original, and a new version of “Last Christmas” sung by…The Bumble!

Last Christmas, the Bumble gave his heart, and the very next day, she gave it away; so Rudolph and pals jump aboard Big Ben in the whale tank, ultimately bringing back the future Mrs. Bumble - who puts the star atop the Christmas tree.

93807155-86B3-455C-844E-4BC5B9259E47.jpeg

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

WE WISH YOU A SUPER MARIO CHRISTMAS
mario-christmas.large.jpg
Coming soon to Universal Studios Hollywood (and Japan), join Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad in a celebration of the holiday season. This musical 25-minute show bring merriment and a little snow to the Mushroom Kingdom, as everyone from Yoshi to the Penguin King come together to share gifts, and even the greedy Bowser may learn a thing or two about the spirit of giving!

ThemeParkPriest

Buddy the Elf’s Christmas Sing-a-Long
For the first time at “Six Flags Holiday in the Park” at Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari, join your favorite characters Buddy and Jovie in spreading Christmas cheer in “Buddy the Elf’s Christmas Sing-a-Long”! The happiest Christmas show outside of the North Pole, includes all of the best Christmas carols (like “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”) and is located in Buddy’s beloved Candy Lane Forest–a holiday re-theming of Fantasy Forest.

[IP note: The movie Elf is owned by New Line Cinema, which is under the umbrella company Warner Bros. Discovery, which in the U.S. has theme park rights at Six Flags parks.]

1671326107277.png

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 685946
Seasons greetings imagineers, the second challenge is among us here at One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun! For this challenge you're all tasked with creating a whole new show, but the catch? Well what would be a classic holiday show with some music! That's right for this challenge you must design a new holiday show that just so happens to be a musical. Now it doesn't have to be a big musical epic, but something as simple as a person playing an instrument or some acapella group would work just as well as a big Broadway style production. Just let your imagination soar!

-Challenge-
Design a new holiday show for any park.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is December, Saturday 17th at 11:59 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

The Blizzard Beach Boys Present: Holiday Rock!

1671332536064.png

At Blizzard Beach Water Park, a new temporary stage will be set up on the beach by the wave pool/Polar Pub for the Christmas season (the slow season for the water park so they have the space for it and could use the extra promotional event) for an outdoor live concert!

The Blizzard Beach Boys come out for some easy listening surf rock versions of classic Christmas hits and invite guests to sing along and come and dance on the sand in the S'Winter Wonderland!

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews.png

Live footage of everyone with Christmas Carol projects:

1671342408710.png

(Credit to @Disney Warrior for the joke!)

The story of Scrooge and his ghosts aside everyone once again embraced the holiday spirit in creating some stellar shows. I know that entertainment can be daunting for some on the forum so I applaud you all for taking your time to work and submit a project!

Mickey’s Christmas Carol: The Musical by @Disney Warrior
Utilizing the Beauty and the Beast theater was a nice choice as it is relatively easy to change in and out shows (even if Disney refuses to do so) in that location. Mickey & Co are always popular with all ages, and the short film has held up against the test of time to become one of the most loved iterations. Making it a musical is only natural, and honestly is something that they should've done to begin with.

The Muppets Christmas Carol The Muscial by @DisneyFan32
My first issue isn't the fact its a Christmas Carol show, I'm fine with all the submissions that are like that. My issue is the fact you just straight up copied and pasted Disney Warrior's post word by word, that is not okay. I believe in other competitions you have been told to not do this, and I will echo this sentiment. I understand it's the same base source material (Christmas Carol), however you shouldn't just copy and paste wording from others. Given the nature of this competition I will let it slide this one time, but consider this a warning. Overall the concept is solid as Muppets Christmas Carol is a beloved musical already so it should translate well as in-park show that in all honesty may end up aiding MuppetVision by encouraging people to do more Muppets. For that I'm always up for Muppets.

A Pre-Hysterical Christmas by @Brer Panther
With Dinoland USA already being home to an amazing lights display for the holidays an additional show carries on the holiday spirit already found in the land. Incorporating animals from the ice age is a fantastic way to bring in more extinct species in a fun way that makes the show feel wintery, great for the holidays. The Dinoland USA setting allows for cheesier things such as this pun named show, and of course the soon to be beloved Santa Claws. Overall I think this is a very fun concept that builds on the carnival/tacky concept of Dinorama while still celebrating and embracing what makes Animal Kingdom special.

Pixar's Christmas Carl by @MickeyMouse10
I think Carl would make for an excellent Scrooge as they both had similar story arcs. I do think with the right framing this can be a great take on the classic with beloved Pixar characters from all over. I will say though that Wall-E doesn't really have the eerie and imposing feel that the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come holds, but beyond that I could see the eclectic cast being a hit with plenty of Disney fans.

Disney's Epic Christmas Carol by @MagicKingdom4Ever
I definitely think blending together various IPs could work for a Christmas Carol, as proven by the former Christmas Carol, but I think utilizing Scrooge McDuck in this context hurts the concept a bit. The association of Scrooge in the role of Ebenezer is very associated to the Mickey short, and with this character lineup I think a wiser move would have been to create a holiday revue with a variety of songs from Disney's holiday media. That said I do think the characters selected represent their counterpart ghosts well, and as far as Christmas Carol concepts this was a nice one.

Scareolers from Fifth Featuring the Silver Lake Sisters by @montydysquith-navarro
While last challenge we saw the tower transform to fit the holiday, now we see the holiday transform to fit the tower; a clever way to continue using the setting while ensuring it remains fresh. This expansion on this trio's lore is nice to see to ensure they're not forgotten with the closure of Disneyland's tower, and the touches done to the typical Christmas offerings here fit within the eerie setting of the Tower. The puns of the various songs are fitting and keep the heart of the song, and the vibes are just right to ensure that this keeps the holidays going from the Tower all the way down the boulevard.

Mickey’s International Holiday Pageant: A Musical by @Architectural Guinea Pig
I definitely think this concept is a great fit for Epcot as it celebrates all of the holidays from all over the world no matter what they are. I think the timing of the show works well, and offers something during the day when Candlelight Processional isn't occurring. It also helps by boosting the amount of things family can watch and enjoy which helps the overall park. Great job with this idea!

Guardians of the Galaxy: A Cosmic Christmas Adventure by @TheSorcerersApprentice
So after the Holiday Special I really do think that the Guardians need a holiday show of some sort in the parks as they cast of characters have proven their holiday worth with catchy songs, festive attire, and honestly one of the best MCU projects of all time. This show channels that very energy with a more chaotic focus with the Kree invasion, but I do think it would interesting to know if this was more of a dance party, streetmosphere stunt show, new theater show, etc. Overall there was a lot of good detail here to make a solid project, but I do think there is a bit of confusion in terms of how this fits into the current campus.

Yo Ho Ho Pirate Carols! by @TheSorcerersApprentice
Yes this submission doesn't count, yes I'm doing this review and yes I think you hit it out of the park. While we got plenty of Christmas Carols for this project you actually went a step beyond, and gave it a creative twist with characters one truly wouldn't expect. Jack Sparrow filling in the role of Ebenezer just makes sense as do the supernatural ghost pirates feeling as a simple extension from what we have seen in the franchise. The piratey twists on Christmas staples add to the fun, and help to spread the Christmas cheer all around Adventureland. Based on the creativity and overall execution this was a very strong project that you should be proud of, but unfortunately it can not count for points or rankings.

A Life Day Carol by @Lizzy May Bee
Just three hours? Surely we can do better than this ;) Ironically though this concept does sound like a lot of fun, and I wouldn't mind seeing the LEGO Star Wars Holiday specials doing something like this.

Mickey’s Christmas Tales by @Lizzy May Bee
I'm not sure what a background show is, but this reminds me a lot of Sunset Season Greetings in Florida, and I think something in that vein would be greatly appreciated at Disneyland! Perhaps expanding this show to the it's a small world façade, either way this sounds like a festive add on that truly doesn't take away from anything else just adds. While a shorter show I think it'll be a great hit amongst the locals who come just to vibe and guests who travel from far and wide who get to enjoy an extra touch of holiday magic.

Rudolph’s Last Christmas Adventure by @Tony the Tigger
Finally our first non Disney/Universal project, and its with SeaWorld who of course holds the rights to one of the most beloved Christmas classics - Rudolph. I am surprised that SeaWorld has no such show, but with an already solid line up (no seriously SeaWorld Orlando may just have the best holiday entertainment lineup) a Rudolph puts it over the top. The spectacle of the cast riding Big Ben will be one to see, and I'm sure this will be a hit with families of all ages.

We Wish You a Super Mario Christmas by @Evilgidgit
Nintendo is no stranger to the holidays after all Mario can don a Santa suit in Odyssey and race on Merry Mountain, and some stages in Pikmin 3 are based on Christmas as well. A new holiday show based on these characters just makes sense to me as it allows for a timeless property to celebrate a timeless holiday. This show sounds like a load of fun with ties to the new Mario movie with the prominence of the Penguin King in both, and overall I'm sure will get the biggest of grinches going wahoo by the end.

Buddy the Elf’s Christmas Sing-a-Long by @ThemeParkPriest
Elf is a modern holiday classic that is criminally underutilized in the US theme parks as it would be a perfect choice for any holiday celebration. This continues the trend of diversifying from the pack by focusing on Six Flags, something not normally done on the forums but I think it worked in your favor. Its unique location helped the show stand out more, and its smaller scale also keeps in mind what kind of park its for. The premise of the show is great for the whole family, and the setting itself sounds magical. Good job with this project Priest!

A Muppet Christmas Pageant by @Chaos Cat
The Muppets have had what seven? or more Christmas specials and films already so something as wacky as this concept makes perfect sense. It fits the branding of the characters to bring out all the chaos, but ensures that the show will be full of heart and merriness when the Muppets come to town.

The Blizzard Beach Boys Present: Holiday Rock! by @Pi on my Cake
Disney has recently made a push for holiday entertainment at Blizzard Beach with the first ever meet and greet with Santa Claus now occuring, and this entertainment offering aids in bolstering the park's newly found holiday offerings. With Orlando's warmer weather in the winter (except next weekend when it gets to close to below freezing) the water parks are able to stay open, and what better way to help sell a park by an extra show that many guests may not expect. The location of the entertainment offering in the heart of Blizzard Beach ensures that many guests will be able to enjoy the musical stylings of this group while they soak up the rays. Throw in the obvious pun and inspiration and this was one great concept!

Christmas Time Is Here! by @spacemt354
You beat tcool, the secret unofficial deadline so it shall be allowed! Rather simple and basic yet straight to the point and enjoyable - perfect for one of these more local based parks.

Results.png

I'd say overall everyone who sumbitted all had solid pitches, and on their own would all make for great entertainment offerings. Nobody this week did poorly, but some just had that extra detail or layer that helped it to stand out from the holiday hustle and bustle.

HM.png

A Pre-Hysterical Christmas by @Brer Panther
This show is goofy and tacky, and for that exact reason you were able to capture what makes the next door Chester & Hester Dinorama just so divisive. Do I think this could have the same reaction? It's definitely possible, but at the same time I think this is exactly what a holiday show should be sometimes. Its ridiculous yet grounded, and has some clever over the top moments with the Santa Claws that Disney will be sure to capitalize on. Lastly, it gives a grouping of animals that people have been clamoring for some representation.

Third Place.png

The Blizzard Beach Boys Present: Holiday Rock! by @Pi on my Cake
I think this is an excellent example of how important smaller scale entertainment offerings can be. Yes it is just a band, but it give life to an area of the park where none was present before. It gives guests to spend the holidays at a location that may not have been considered, and it encourages guests to stay longer in the park as it bumps up the park's offerings. All of these are important variables, and goes to show the power of entertainment rather it be seasonal or permanent.

Second Place.png

Buddy the Elf’s Christmas Sing-a-Long by @ThemeParkPriest
Going for neither of the major leaders of the industry helped you out here by helping this project stand out more. From its unique location, smaller scale, and themed setting I think this is a great show to celebrate the holidays with all. Sing-a-longs tend to be popular and Christmas songs are some of the most well known songs out there, and dressing it up with Elf alongside the theming around the show aid in making this show a must do for any visitor to a Six Flags.

First Place.png

Scareolers from Fifth Featuring the Silver Lake Sisters by @montydysquith-navarro
This holiday entertainment offering managed to do a lot of things within the two sentence limit. You were able to expand the lore of Tower of Terror, revive a thought to be lost entertainment option from DCA, create some great eerie spins on Christmas classics, and do Christmas the way that the Tower of Terror would want to do perfectly matching what one may think of when Tower of Terror Christmas is mentioned. Best of all is the fact they roam throughout the land giving the whole area of breath of fresh air with the discontinuation of the Citizens of Hollywood this feels like a great seasonal replacement.

---

Also for the record I think the strongest Christmas Carol submission was Yo Ho Ho Pirate Carols! by @TheSorcerersApprentice as it managed to meld two distinct IPs (POTC and Christmas Carol) into a fresh new take on a beloved story in a comedic and exciting way that would be able to entertain guests. It's a shame this project could not be listed for rankings, but because of that I decided (right now) to award you "The Christmas C-arrr-ol Award"! With all that said all of the Christmas Carol pitches were well done, and I could see any of them done in the parks.

Time to tally up all the points after our show stopping leg of the Holiday Fun competition!

17 (Tied). @englanddg - 1
17 (Tied). @Tegan pilots a chicken - 1
17 (Tied). @Brer Oswald - 1
6 (Tied). @Brer Panther - 2
6 (Tied). @DisneyFan32 - 2
6 (Tied). @Evilgidgit- 2
6 (Tied). @spacemt354 - 2
6 (Tied). @MagicKingdom4Ever - 2
6 (Tied). @Disney Warrior -2
6 (Tied). @Architectural Guinea Pig - 2
6 (Tied). @MickeyMouse10 - 2
6 (Tied). @Lizzy May Bee - 2
6 (Tied). @Pi on my Cake - 2
6 (Tied). @Chaos Cat - 2
2 (Tied). @ThemeParkPriest - 3
2 (Tied). @Suchomimus - 3
2 (Tied). @Tony the Tigger - 3
2 (Tied). @TheSorcerersApprentice - 3
1. @montydysquith-navarro - 4

A slight shake up, but it's very clear that it is still anybody's game!​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
3.png

Seasons greetings imagineers! The third challenge is ready to serve, and hopefully you all brought your appetites! For this challenge you're all tasked with creating a whole new table service restaurant, but the catch? It must be located at Universal CityWalk! That's right for this challenge you must leave behind the safety of Disney, and embrace its rival. Feel free to locate this sit down dining experience at any CityWalk around the world.

-Challenge-
Design a new table service dining experience for Universal CityWalk.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Monday, Saturday 19th at 11:59 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Bonus: The Holiday Dish

1671342265556.png

What would be the holidays without a signature dish? For this bonus create your table service's signature HOLIDAY offering rather it be a dish, drink, dessert, go crazy and satisfy that merry tastebud of yours! The bonus point will be given to the person whose dish best represents their dining concept AND the holidays. You may use an additional sentence and an additional image for your bonus.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

S'Movies Cafe
Come on into this smoothie, milkshake, ice cream, and drink shop in Universal CityWalk. Here, guests can have a nice drink while being immersed in a Hollywood soundstage setting, which showcases props, posters, and more from their favorite movies.​
BONUS: It's a Wonderful Bite
This ice cream treat inspired by It's a Wonderful Life is full of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and oreos, sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. I only comes around during holidays.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom