One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun

tcool123

Original Poster
View attachment 685329

Welcome one and all to the kickoff to the holidays that's destined to be merriest and jolliest time of all! This festive season will officially be starting up on Thursday, 12/15 AKA smack dab in the holiday season! Just like the past seasons our imagineers will only be able to use one to two sentences keeping the work load to a low, and the holiday fun to a high. To keep our holiday photo albums from over bursting for every prompt imagineers will only be allowed to share one photo.

All are welcome to partake in our Holiday Fun, it doesn't matter if you're not a regular on the forums, an observer, or an active participant. The low stakes yet high fun of the One Sentence Competition is fit for everyone. Don't worry about a time commitment given how the challenges max out on two sentences this event is perfect for those on the go with plenty of things going on, or great for those who know how to perfectly get their elevator pitch across. With a new challenge every day of this holiday week it may be a hectic, but provides plenty of opportunities for fun and endearing challenges.

This season will feature all new prompts inspired by various holiday and winter activities. Everyone who participates in a challenge will receive 1 point, as long as they follow the rules. Then, the top three will receive bronze (2 poins), silver (also 2 points), and gold (3 points) medals. Plus, each round will have an "Honorable Mention" for an idea that excels in one area that deserves a special shout out, but wasn't in the top 3 overall for whatever reason. Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins bragging rights and plenty of holiday cheer ☃️

One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun is just around the corner, and starts in a little under 24 hours. Who's ready for some good old holiday fun!

Just tagging a few accounts who may be interested in partaking in this iteration of the One Sentence Competition. You may be tagged due to you being involved in past iterations of the game, are active on the boards posting ideas and participating in competitions, or often reply and give out feedback to those in Imagineering threads. I quoted the competition post to allow for you to see what's happening for this version of One Sentence Competition, by all means feel free to participate as you can. The more the merrier is my motto!

@Imagineerland
@Garfield Builder
@TheSorcerersApprentice
@S.I.R. the Robot

That's the end of the tags I have prewritten, and if you didn't get tagged don't let that discourage you! All are welcome to join in on the holiday fun!

Evilgidgit

beetle juice its show time GIF

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Just tagging a few accounts who may be interested in partaking in this iteration of the One Sentence Competition. You may be tagged due to you being involved in past iterations of the game, are active on the boards posting ideas and participating in competitions, or often reply and give out feedback to those in Imagineering threads. I quoted the competition post to allow for you to see what's happening for this version of One Sentence Competition, by all means feel free to participate as you can. The more the merrier is my motto!

@comics101
@EmFromPlanetEarth
@Disney Warrior
@FireMountain
@Henry Mystic
Count me in!

Lizzy May Bee

@DisneyFan18
@DisneyFan32
@Brer Oswald
@Brer Panther
@Lizzy May Bee
sure

tcool123

Original Poster
1.png

Welcome one and all to the first prompt of One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun! In our first prompt we're celebrating the what many look forward to each year the classic holiday overlay over a beloved attraction. In years past many major theme parks have moved to do these overlays to offer guests a reason to revisit old classic examples include Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom, Living with the Land: Merry and Bright at Epcot, Holiday Vibes at Alien Swirling Sauces and the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland. These events take a particular attraction and inject it with either a little or a lot of holiday magic to encourage repeat riders. It's a great way to keep things fresh for guests, and now it is your turn to create a holly jolly overlay for any attraction at any park of your choosing.

-Challenge-
Design a new holiday overlay for any attraction at any theme park.

-Rules-
- Please keep in mind what IPs whatever theme park you choose currently has access to.
-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Friday, December 16th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
View attachment 685433
Welcome one and all to the first prompt of One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun! In our first prompt we're celebrating the what many look forward to each year the classic holiday overlay over a beloved attraction. In years past many major theme parks have moved to do these overlays to offer guests a reason to revisit old classic examples include Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom, Living with the Land: Merry and Bright at Epcot, Holiday Vibes at Alien Swirling Sauces and the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland. These events take a particular attraction and inject it with either a little or a lot of holiday magic to encourage repeat riders. It's a great way to keep things fresh for guests, and now it is your turn to create a holly jolly overlay for any attraction at any park of your choosing.

-Challenge-
Design a new holiday overlay for any attraction at any theme park.

-Rules-
- Please keep in mind what IPs whatever theme park you choose currently has access to.
-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is Friday, December 16th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Just clarifying, no music / soundtrack / video right? Just 1 image? So, I can't do one sentence plus a nice soundtrack youtube link with music?
(I expect the answer to be no, but I want to be sure. Haven't done a one sentence in a while, and you know I'm about presentation.)

tcool123

Original Poster
Just clarifying, no music / soundtrack / video right? Just 1 image? So, I can't do one sentence plus a nice soundtrack youtube link with music?
(I expect the answer to be no, but I want to be sure. Haven't done a one sentence in a while, and you know I'm about presentation.)
Just one image and up to two sentences - no websites or other ways around the loophole ;)

I am excited to see what you got cooking though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom