One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun

Evilgidgit

MR. TOAD'S MERRY SLEIGH RIDE
93a3c84f3a229a770fcbb13fc5464f2d.jpg
We shall be merrily on our way this Christmas, as J. Thaddeus Toad develops a yuletide mania for a sleigh ride, taking guests on a wintry wild ride through his snowed in house and out into the streets of London. Instead of travelling into Hell, our sleighs (which lack reindeer and are "sliding" about on their own) crash through a hidden workshop where Winky and his weasel gang are trying to steal Christmas presents, thwarting their plans, before returning to Toad's home where he and his friends celebrate a Christmas victory!

Chaos Cat

Star War: Galactic Starcrusier: Life Day Trip

For the holiday season, the Halcyon is bringing that Life Day spirit onboard by letting guests immerse themselves in the celebrations with a new storyline and activities. (Most of the main plot from the regular version is still intact, because paying at least $5000 and not getting the advertised experience is the only decision dumber than making this cost at least $5000 in the first place)

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Star War: Galactic Starcrusier: Life Day Trip

For the holiday season, the Halcyon is bringing that Life Day spirit onboard by letting guests immerse themselves in the celebrations with a new storyline and activities. (Most of the main plot from the regular version is still intact, because paying at least $5000 and not getting the advertised experience is the only decision dumber than making this cost at least $5000 in the first place)
Earthling exchange program - all The cast members on board are trying to have “earthling” holiday spirit 🤣

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews.png

First off I want to start off with a thank you to everyone who found the time to participate as I know the holidays can be a very hectic time! An example? I said around midnight I'll have things posted, but I'm currently writing reviews close to then as that's when I got home. While the holidays may be hectic there's still fun to be had especially through overlays!

Skyliner Lights by @englanddg
The first project of One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun and the last first submission for a competition, a lot of achievements already! At first I was bit hesitant about the concept as it's harder to enjoy this overlay while on the ride, but it will greatly improve the overall ambiences of multiple resorts, theme parks and the overall property. While simple this is a great overlay that adds to something, and best of all its free for all to enjoy regardless of tickets. Hopefully festive music now plays while your ride the Skyliner! Finally, kudos to that photoshop it was nice, and helps sell the idea of lights all over each gondola.

Hagrid’s Holiday Creatures Motorbike Adventure by @Disney Warrior
Universal Orlando is famed for their Halloween offerings, but when it comes to winter holidays it really is a grab bag of great to mediocre products. With this being the first overlay of one of their rides in Florida, I think this was a solid turnout for that! It is a bit odd that Hogsmeade is in perpetual winter, and adding snow throughout the ride during the winter aids in tying the areas together. Many of these creatures are already present throughout the ride so that's easy enough for the new storyline, but at the same time I'm not sure if making the most popular ride even more popular will help me waiting in line! Overall, a solid job that remains realistic.

Toy Story Christmas Carnival! by @Brer Panther
Midway Mania, when it debuted, was touted for its ability to essentially update its games overnight - a feature used once by Disney when promoting Toy Story 3. The holiday overlay throughout the queue makes sense from Andy's point of view, and who wouldn't love a Santa Tater! The various examples of the updated and new games are great examples of what could be done with the tech for the ride, and keeps the spirit of the attraction present while making it a winter wonderland.

Star Tours Destination: North Pole by @DisneyFan32
I will start by saying I was concerned! Your original submission was set for disqualification, and without a warning you quickly edited your post to ensure it met guidelines! Good on you for that :) I do think the attraction system is perfect for a ride around the North Pole, simulating says Santa's sleigh. However, I'm not sure if Star Tours was the best fit as it does feel out of left field yet highly entertaining. I think expanding this idea to a different park such as SeaWorld and their Wild Artic could work better with the ride now being a rogue arctic tour that ends up at the North Pole! Overall very festive and an entertaining adventure for the droids.

Holly Jolly Tower of Terror by @TheSorcerersApprentice
First off, wow that image! It's so great, did you design it yourself, a Google search, AI generated? Either way a great companion piece to your actual project. A subtle tweak to this beloved attraction's story, but one that sets the whole thing in a whole new light that still fulfills the core mission of the attraction in a similar way to Jingle Cruise. The finale also feels more whole now with the ghosts clearly still present, and not letting death sour their spirits. A very holly jolly project that fits perfectly with the park that arguably has some of the most Christmas cheer in the resort! (Sidenote: is the music provided already in DHS? Otherwise it should be!)

Fast & Furious: Home for the Holidays by @spacemt354
The holidays are all about familia or if you will family, and what better ride than the theme park standard for what rides about family should definitely be. I do think this storyline would add enough camp to an awful experience that it will become insanely enjoyable - although perhaps for all the wrong reasons ;) Also the image is hillarious 🤣

Jingle Bell Rock'n'Rollercoaster by @MagicKingdom4Ever
Such a simple yet great concept that shocks you as to why Disney has yet to actually do this! They've shown that the attraction can easily gain new music with the Force Awakens overlay it held, and its a shame they have yet to even touch this during the holidays. Your song selections were great choices with Carol of the Bells in particular likely being a great time on the ride.

The Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special THE RIDE!! by @Tegan pilots a chicken
This is what should've been done for the attraction for its overlay! Throw a little Christmas cheer into the scenes, and more of a reason for their to be holiday music playing beyond it's just that time of year. The Wombats coming back with more holiday music is great, as they already have an association from the special. However not utilizing the band that performed the original songs from the special does feel like a slight miss. Overall, a HUGE improvement over what is there now so two thumbs way up from this guy!

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway: Winter Spectacular! by @montydysquith-navarro
I was confused as to what duck you were talking about, and then I saw your image and started chuckling. They sure do look like a handful! Personally I think the city scenes throughout the attraction would look absolutely brilliant with some 2.5D decorations, and its just one of those attractions where it does make sense. The new and permanent effects are a great touch as they add something that feels like its missing to the ride right now, and the little details mentioned throughout ensure this is a worthy overlay for this beloved attraction. In the end this is just a toontastic time that many will be able to enjoy.

Prep and Landing: Sleigh Ride by @MickeyMouse10
For overlays this is certainly very ambitious and similar in scope to something like Haunted Mansion Holiday yet it now becomes a whole new ride which I don't think many will mind as many ride Test Track for the thrill of it - not the story ;) You also ensured to keep the other popular aspect of designing vehicles with sleighs now being tested which is honestly a great idea! I do wish you described more of the ride itself versus the customization process, but I do think this would be an oddly great fit!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: Cosmic Christmas by @Suchomimus
Tomorrowland already plays home three holiday overlays so honestly this is a great fit for the area as it is not outside the realm of possibility. The visuals created by this project not only aid the attraction but create a whole new holiday atmosphere for the park, and the kinetics of the Peoplemover are only plussed by the new decals that encourage guests to stop and watch every unique one. The new music alongside updated holiday dioramas are great touches, and gives a less popular attraction in the park a great reason to enjoy this holiday ride in the sky.

Mario Kart: Holiday Challenge by @Lizzy May Bee
With the way the Mario Kart attraction works I think this could be an interesting implementation in areas where the screens allow for seamless swapping, and it shows off a wider array of environments that Mario is known for. With the introduction of Merry Mountain a holiday overlay was begging to be born, and I think you did a great job of introducing it to this ride.

Journey Into A CHRISTMAS CAROL! Starring Figment and Friends by @Brer Oswald
A blending that is sure to confuse some, but delight many as Epcot purists receive Dreamfinder and newer fans get to enjoy Bing Bong all while keeping Figment around. A Christmas Carol is one of those stories perfect for a ride, and it will be interesting to see how it translates with this meta premise. However, I think if done right this will become a holiday classic for many Disney Parks fans.

Gran Fiesta Tour: Feliz Navidad! by @ThemeParkPriest
This attraction is perfect for quick overlays thanks to its screens and sets that can be quickly be given new life with some dressing. The story is kept simple and easy to understand while still keeping the attraction's spirit alive. The little touches throughout the ride help boost this underappreciated attraction into a must do much like Living with the Land during the holidays.

Merry Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster starring Aerosmith by @Tony the Tigger
Often times overlays are simply a few red and green lights and music, and while its fun it doesn't sell the whole story. This is a fantastic way to overhaul the current attraction setup and transform the whole experience into a great holiday joyride with new scenes, music, decorations and fun creative concepts such as crashing into the presents.

Web Slingers: A Christmas Light Adventure by @Architectural Guinea Pig
First off welcome to the forums, always great to meet new armchair imagineers on the boards hope you find these boards as fun as many of us do! An overlay for this attraction would be a great time as DCA loves to have plenty of overlays, and this acts as a great counterpart to Mission: Breakout's Halloween overlay. The small touches of the bots lights being festive colours are nice, but a little more detail such as perhaps decorations all around the warehouses or something along those lines. Overall though a cute idea for an already fun ride.

Mr. Toad's Merry Sleigh Ride by @Evilgidgit
This ride is quick and madcapped to the point where an overlay could be tricky given its tight space. However, you managed flawlessly. The little touches throughout the ride transform the attraction's story to match the holiday overlay. The Hell scene in particular could be worrisome, but thanks to the attractions use of cutouts and old school figures it is easily transferred out making an overlay here rather simple to do.

Star War: Galactic Starcrusier: Life Day Trip by @Chaos Cat
Well you know the Starcruiser is both an attraction as well as a hotel, so kudos on a distinct pick and unique take on the concept. The updated Life Day decor and activities is great, and for $5000 Disney should already be doing this to be as authentic to the world as Star Wars as possible. I do wish some of the activities were described, but a solid concept overall.​

Results.png

You all filled the theme parks with holiday spirit, and made this fan of the season joyous. However, we do unfortunately need to have our ranking.

HM.png

This is a great way of showing how the technology of Midway Mania can be applied for overlays, and you did a great job! The decorations mentioned throughout the queue were a slam dunk in continuing the style of decoration found throughout the rest of the land. The touches done throughout the games and scenes were great festive touches while keeping with the spirit of the regular attraction.

Third Place.png

Changing portions of the story to explain the holiday overlay was a great way of going about this. The set up of the band being on the naughty list because they're the bad boys of rock was comedic and genius for explaining why the overlay is occurring. The rest of the ride ensures to keep the Aerosmith portion of the attraction intact via their covers, and the various additions throughout the attraction itself helped to flesh out this overlay into a slam dunk.

Second Place.png

An unexpected route to take given the attraction's spookier setting, but much like Haunted Mansion Holiday you managed to turn this eerie ride into something festive. The experience is similar enough to the regular story so that once in a lifetime guests wouldn't feel left out, but those who visit the parks often will be delighted to see an all new take for the Tower. The outdoor decorations are simply the cherry on top in solidifying this an amazing overlay.

First Place.png

This is a great move to not only add more holiday magic to Magic Kingdom, but it ties together all of the overlays found throughout the land in a fun way that may have otherwise gotten overlooked. You also took time to give love to an attraction that while iconic is not necessarily the most in demand attraction, and as such making it a perfect candidate for an overlay. The overall touches from the new soundtrack, displays and decals just seal the deal in ensuring that this is a solid overlay.

Time to tally up all the points after the inaugural Holiday Fun competition!

4 (Tied). @englanddg - 1
4 (Tied). @Disney Warrior -1
4 (Tied). @Brer Panther - 1
4 (Tied). @Brer Oswald - 1
4 (Tied). @DisneyFan32 - 1
4 (Tied). @Evilgidgit- 1
4 (Tied). @spacemt354 - 1
4 (Tied). @MagicKingdom4Ever -1
4 (Tied). @Tegan pilots a chicken - 1
4 (Tied). @montydysquith-navarro - 1
4 (Tied). @MickeyMouse10 - 1
4 (Tied). @Lizzy May Bee - 1
4 (Tied). @ThemeParkPriest - 1
4 (Tied). @Chaos Cat - 1
4 (Tied). @Architectural Guinea Pig - 1
2 (Tied). @Tony the Tigger - 2
2 (Tied). @TheSorcerersApprentice - 2
1. @Suchomimus - 3​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
2.png

Seasons greetings imagineers, the second challenge is among us here at One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun! For this challenge you're all tasked with creating a whole new show, but the catch? Well what would be a classic holiday show with some music! That's right for this challenge you must design a new holiday show that just so happens to be a musical. Now it doesn't have to be a big musical epic, but something as simple as a person playing an instrument or some acapella group would work just as well as a big Broadway style production. Just let your imagination soar!

-Challenge-
Design a new holiday show for any park.

-Rules-
- You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image.
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.
- The deadline is December, Saturday 17th at 11:59 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 685946
Seasons greetings imagineers, the second challenge is among us here at One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun! For this challenge you're all tasked with creating a whole new show, but the catch? Well what would be a classic holiday show with some music! That's right for this challenge you must design a new holiday show that just so happens to be a musical. Now it doesn't have to be a big musical epic, but something as simple as a person playing an instrument or some acapella group would work just as well as a big Broadway style production. Just let your imagination soar!

-Challenge-

-Rules-
- If you breach any of these rules your project will be disqualified, and will not be counted for rankings nor will it receive a review from me.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Just to clarify, it has to be a live show with performers right? Not a nighttime spectacular (like Believe in Holiday Magic, World of Color: Season of Light, Disney Dreams of Christmas, etc.) or a nighttime spectacular that happens to have live performers (Believe! Sea of Dreams, Candlelight Reflections, etc.)?

Disney Warrior

Mickey’s Christmas Carol: The Musical
94F1C55C-275A-43AD-A543-D4A8B187993C.jpeg

Temporarily replacing Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage at Hollywood Studios, this version of the Charles Dickens classic retells the story as a massive, grandiose musical performance with original songs and many Disney IPs. Learn how Ebenezer Scrooge McDuck meets The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come (Jiminy Cricket, Willie the Giant, and Pete, similar to the original film) and becomes a better person, all while listening to an exhilarating soundtrack.

Evilgidgit

View attachment 685938

First off I want to start off with a thank you to everyone who found the time to participate as I know the holidays can be a very hectic time! An example? I said around midnight I'll have things posted, but I'm currently writing reviews close to then as that's when I got home. While the holidays may be hectic there's still fun to be had especially through overlays!

Skyliner Lights by @englanddg
The first project of One Sentence Competition: Holiday Fun and the last first submission for a competition, a lot of achievements already! At first I was bit hesitant about the concept as it's harder to enjoy this overlay while on the ride, but it will greatly improve the overall ambiences of multiple resorts, theme parks and the overall property. While simple this is a great overlay that adds to something, and best of all its free for all to enjoy regardless of tickets. Hopefully festive music now plays while your ride the Skyliner! Finally, kudos to that photoshop it was nice, and helps sell the idea of lights all over each gondola.

Hagrid’s Holiday Creatures Motorbike Adventure by @Disney Warrior
Universal Orlando is famed for their Halloween offerings, but when it comes to winter holidays it really is a grab bag of great to mediocre products. With this being the first overlay of one of their rides in Florida, I think this was a solid turnout for that! It is a bit odd that Hogsmeade is in perpetual winter, and adding snow throughout the ride during the winter aids in tying the areas together. Many of these creatures are already present throughout the ride so that's easy enough for the new storyline, but at the same time I'm not sure if making the most popular ride even more popular will help me waiting in line! Overall, a solid job that remains realistic.

Midway Mania, when it debuted, was touted for its ability to essentially update its games overnight - a feature used once by Disney when promoting Toy Story 3. The holiday overlay throughout the queue makes sense from Andy's point of view, and who wouldn't love a Santa Tater! The various examples of the updated and new games are great examples of what could be done with the tech for the ride, and keeps the spirit of the attraction present while making it a winter wonderland.

Star Tours Destination: North Pole by @DisneyFan32
I will start by saying I was concerned! Your original submission was set for disqualification, and without a warning you quickly edited your post to ensure it met guidelines! Good on you for that :) I do think the attraction system is perfect for a ride around the North Pole, simulating says Santa's sleigh. However, I'm not sure if Star Tours was the best fit as it does feel out of left field yet highly entertaining. I think expanding this idea to a different park such as SeaWorld and their Wild Artic could work better with the ride now being a rogue arctic tour that ends up at the North Pole! Overall very festive and an entertaining adventure for the droids.

First off, wow that image! It's so great, did you design it yourself, a Google search, AI generated? Either way a great companion piece to your actual project. A subtle tweak to this beloved attraction's story, but one that sets the whole thing in a whole new light that still fulfills the core mission of the attraction in a similar way to Jingle Cruise. The finale also feels more whole now with the ghosts clearly still present, and not letting death sour their spirits. A very holly jolly project that fits perfectly with the park that arguably has some of the most Christmas cheer in the resort! (Sidenote: is the music provided already in DHS? Otherwise it should be!)

Fast & Furious: Home for the Holidays by @spacemt354
The holidays are all about familia or if you will family, and what better ride than the theme park standard for what rides about family should definitely be. I do think this storyline would add enough camp to an awful experience that it will become insanely enjoyable - although perhaps for all the wrong reasons ;) Also the image is hillarious 🤣

Jingle Bell Rock'n'Rollercoaster by @MagicKingdom4Ever
Such a simple yet great concept that shocks you as to why Disney has yet to actually do this! They've shown that the attraction can easily gain new music with the Force Awakens overlay it held, and its a shame they have yet to even touch this during the holidays. Your song selections were great choices with Carol of the Bells in particular likely being a great time on the ride.

The Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special THE RIDE!! by @Tegan pilots a chicken
This is what should've been done for the attraction for its overlay! Throw a little Christmas cheer into the scenes, and more of a reason for their to be holiday music playing beyond it's just that time of year. The Wombats coming back with more holiday music is great, as they already have an association from the special. However not utilizing the band that performed the original songs from the special does feel like a slight miss. Overall, a HUGE improvement over what is there now so two thumbs way up from this guy!

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway: Winter Spectacular! by @montydysquith-navarro
I was confused as to what duck you were talking about, and then I saw your image and started chuckling. They sure do look like a handful! Personally I think the city scenes throughout the attraction would look absolutely brilliant with some 2.5D decorations, and its just one of those attractions where it does make sense. The new and permanent effects are a great touch as they add something that feels like its missing to the ride right now, and the little details mentioned throughout ensure this is a worthy overlay for this beloved attraction. In the end this is just a toontastic time that many will be able to enjoy.

Prep and Landing: Sleigh Ride by @MickeyMouse10
For overlays this is certainly very ambitious and similar in scope to something like Haunted Mansion Holiday yet it now becomes a whole new ride which I don't think many will mind as many ride Test Track for the thrill of it - not the story ;) You also ensured to keep the other popular aspect of designing vehicles with sleighs now being tested which is honestly a great idea! I do wish you described more of the ride itself versus the customization process, but I do think this would be an oddly great fit!

Tomorrowland already plays home three holiday overlays so honestly this is a great fit for the area as it is not outside the realm of possibility. The visuals created by this project not only aid the attraction but create a whole new holiday atmosphere for the park, and the kinetics of the Peoplemover are only plussed by the new decals that encourage guests to stop and watch every unique one. The new music alongside updated holiday dioramas are great touches, and gives a less popular attraction in the park a great reason to enjoy this holiday ride in the sky.

Mario Kart: Holiday Challenge by @Lizzy May Bee
With the way the Mario Kart attraction works I think this could be an interesting implementation in areas where the screens allow for seamless swapping, and it shows off a wider array of environments that Mario is known for. With the introduction of Merry Mountain a holiday overlay was begging to be born, and I think you did a great job of introducing it to this ride.

Journey Into A CHRISTMAS CAROL! Starring Figment and Friends by @Brer Oswald
A blending that is sure to confuse some, but delight many as Epcot purists receive Dreamfinder and newer fans get to enjoy Bing Bong all while keeping Figment around. A Christmas Carol is one of those stories perfect for a ride, and it will be interesting to see how it translates with this meta premise. However, I think if done right this will become a holiday classic for many Disney Parks fans.

Gran Fiesta Tour: Feliz Navidad! by @ThemeParkPriest
This attraction is perfect for quick overlays thanks to its screens and sets that can be quickly be given new life with some dressing. The story is kept simple and easy to understand while still keeping the attraction's spirit alive. The little touches throughout the ride help boost this underappreciated attraction into a must do much like Living with the Land during the holidays.

Often times overlays are simply a few red and green lights and music, and while its fun it doesn't sell the whole story. This is a fantastic way to overhaul the current attraction setup and transform the whole experience into a great holiday joyride with new scenes, music, decorations and fun creative concepts such as crashing into the presents.

Web Slingers: A Christmas Light Adventure by @Architectural Guinea Pig
First off welcome to the forums, always great to meet new armchair imagineers on the boards hope you find these boards as fun as many of us do! An overlay for this attraction would be a great time as DCA loves to have plenty of overlays, and this acts as a great counterpart to Mission: Breakout's Halloween overlay. The small touches of the bots lights being festive colours are nice, but a little more detail such as perhaps decorations all around the warehouses or something along those lines. Overall though a cute idea for an already fun ride.

Mr. Toad's Merry Sleigh Ride by @Evilgidgit
This ride is quick and madcapped to the point where an overlay could be tricky given its tight space. However, you managed flawlessly. The little touches throughout the ride transform the attraction's story to match the holiday overlay. The Hell scene in particular could be worrisome, but thanks to the attractions use of cutouts and old school figures it is easily transferred out making an overlay here rather simple to do.

Star War: Galactic Starcrusier: Life Day Trip by @Chaos Cat
Well you know the Starcruiser is both an attraction as well as a hotel, so kudos on a distinct pick and unique take on the concept. The updated Life Day decor and activities is great, and for $5000 Disney should already be doing this to be as authentic to the world as Star Wars as possible. I do wish some of the activities were described, but a solid concept overall.​

View attachment 685941
You all filled the theme parks with holiday spirit, and made this fan of the season joyous. However, we do unfortunately need to have our ranking.

View attachment 685943
This is a great way of showing how the technology of Midway Mania can be applied for overlays, and you did a great job! The decorations mentioned throughout the queue were a slam dunk in continuing the style of decoration found throughout the rest of the land. The touches done throughout the games and scenes were great festive touches while keeping with the spirit of the regular attraction.

View attachment 685945
Changing portions of the story to explain the holiday overlay was a great way of going about this. The set up of the band being on the naughty list because they're the bad boys of rock was comedic and genius for explaining why the overlay is occurring. The rest of the ride ensures to keep the Aerosmith portion of the attraction intact via their covers, and the various additions throughout the attraction itself helped to flesh out this overlay into a slam dunk.

View attachment 685944
An unexpected route to take given the attraction's spookier setting, but much like Haunted Mansion Holiday you managed to turn this eerie ride into something festive. The experience is similar enough to the regular story so that once in a lifetime guests wouldn't feel left out, but those who visit the parks often will be delighted to see an all new take for the Tower. The outdoor decorations are simply the cherry on top in solidifying this an amazing overlay.

View attachment 685942
This is a great move to not only add more holiday magic to Magic Kingdom, but it ties together all of the overlays found throughout the land in a fun way that may have otherwise gotten overlooked. You also took time to give love to an attraction that while iconic is not necessarily the most in demand attraction, and as such making it a perfect candidate for an overlay. The overall touches from the new soundtrack, displays and decals just seal the deal in ensuring that this is a solid overlay.

Time to tally up all the points after the inaugural Holiday Fun competition!

4 (Tied). @englanddg - 1
4 (Tied). @Disney Warrior -1
4 (Tied). @Brer Panther - 1
4 (Tied). @Brer Oswald - 1
4 (Tied). @DisneyFan32 - 1
4 (Tied). @TheSorcerersApprentice - 1
4 (Tied). @spacemt354 - 1
4 (Tied). @MagicKingdom4Ever -1
4 (Tied). @Tegan pilots a chicken - 1
4 (Tied). @montydysquith-navarro - 1
4 (Tied). @MickeyMouse10 - 1
4 (Tied). @Lizzy May Bee - 1
4 (Tied). @ThemeParkPriest - 1
4 (Tied). @Chaos Cat - 1
4 (Tied). @Architectural Guinea Pig - 1
2 (Tied). @Tony the Tigger - 2
2 (Tied). @Evilgidgit - 2
1. @Suchomimus - 3​
Just wondering, if @TheSorcerersApprentice got silver, then why are they at the bottom of the rankings, and I'm tied for second?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The Muppet Christmas Carol The Musical
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) - IMDb

With The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) turns 30 this year, this time at Disney's Hollywood Studios temporarily replacing Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage, Join our narrator, The Great Gonzo as Charles Dickens with his sidekick, Rizzo the Rat will retell the Charles Dickens classic story as a massive, grandiose musical performance with original songs about Ebenezer Scrooge who hated Christmas every year which being bring by Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come with starring our Muppets like Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and other Muppets.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
A Pre-Hysterical Christmas
1671284117385.png
The Ice Age comes to Dinoland U.S.A. in this brand new, endearingly corny stage show with a cast of original characters. Woolly mammoths, saber-toothed tigers, giant ground sloths, cave bears, dodo birds, and other strange prehistoric beasts -all brought to life via a combination of costumed characters and elaborate puppets - teach the dinosaurs about the holiday season, culminating in an appearance from a gigantic tyrannosaurus rex in a red suit and white beard who goes by the name of "Santa Claws".

MagicKingdom4Ever

Disney's Epic Christmas Carol
Taking place in the show building currently housing Frozen: Live at the Hyperion, this holiday show blends several holiday films together for an incredible performance. Scrooge McDuck has no feel for the holidays, but all of that changes when the ghost of Walt Disney unexpectedly shows up, and with the help of three other spirits (Olaf, Scott Calvin, and Jack Skellington), he learns the true meaning of Christmas.

tcool123

Original Poster
- Monty: any show works for me, just as long as it ties into the holidays. So a holiday nighttime spectacular would work for me :)

- Evilgidgit: Good catch! I think when writing the list y’all were close to each other and guven it was almost 3 AM my time I likely wasn’t paying attention to the points as much as I should have. Will fix it later today.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 685946

-Challenge-

-Rules-

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Scareolers from Fifth
Featuring the Silver Lake Sisters
Sunset Boulevard, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World

%5BUNSET%5D-590x243.png

The holiday season is upon us, but that wouldn't stop the beings of The Twilight Zone from decking (or maybe more appropriately, wrecking) the halls of Sunset Boulevard! Direct from the Tip Top Club of the gloriously haunted Hollywood Tower Hotel, join the ghoulishly fabulous Silver Lake Sisters and their merry band of fellow specters as they sing a little winter's night music dug up for this once-in-a-century performance, including We Wish You A Scary Christmas, Little Jack Frost Get Lost, and God Bless Ye Merry Grinning Ghosts, atop their custom Rolls-Royce convertible appropriately nicknamed "Ghostrider".​

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Mickey’s Christmas Carol: The Musical
View attachment 685951

Temporarily replacing Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage at Hollywood Studios, this version of the Charles Dickens classic retells the story as a massive, grandiose musical performance with original songs and many Disney IPs. Learn how Ebenezer Scrooge McDuck meets The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come (Jiminy Cricket, Willie the Giant, and Pete, similar to the original film) and becomes a better person, all while listening to an exhilarating soundtrack.

The Muppet Christmas Carol The Musical
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) - IMDb

With The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) turns 30 this year, this time at Disney's Hollywood Studios temporarily replacing Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage, Join our narrator, The Great Gonzo as Charles Dickens with his sidekick, Rizzo the Rat will retell the Charles Dickens classic story as a massive, grandiose musical performance with original songs about Ebenezer Scrooge who hated Christmas every year which being bring by Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come with starring our Muppets like Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and other Muppets.

View attachment 685987

Pixar's Christmas Carl

Scrooge (played by Carl from UP) is visited by his wife Ellie and 3 ghosts (Anger, King Fergus and Wall-E), which teach him that life is worth living.

It takes place in the Frozen theaters at Hollywood Studios and DCA and includes sets and costumes from the original story’s time period.

Disney's Epic Christmas Carol
Taking place in the show building currently housing Frozen: Live at the Hyperion, this holiday show blends several holiday films together for an incredible performance. Scrooge McDuck has no feel for the holidays, but all of that changes when the ghost of Walt Disney unexpectedly shows up, and with the help of three other spirits (Olaf, Scott Calvin, and Jack Skellington), he learns the true meaning of Christmas.
B942783D-8B13-4F8F-92B1-4BC98C2CB8E2.jpeg

So many Christmas Carols!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom