One Ride to Disappear....

TestTrack

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
...EPCOT CENTER
Test Track :)

GRRRRRR.....

"And let us watch as the father bear is visciously killed in front of her defenseless young by the nearby hunters." - Animal Planet

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET RID OF A NEW RIDE?

A GREAT RIDE?

Test track can't be considered worse than this list of rides at EPCOT:

-El Rio de tiempo
-Anthing in the wonders of life
-the living seas
-Ellen's Energy adventure
-ANY MOVIE
-JIYI (we'll see if they succeed)

Please explain your reasoning.....

General Grizz

*Claws Sharpen*

Originally posted by SilentRascal
Country Bear Jamboree is ridiculously dated and boring... (being an original ride doesn't meanit's worth keeping)......any one of these (or all) should be ripped out and replaced with something better.

My friend my friend..

HOW OLD ARE YOU? :D

I am guessing 13-17? Country Bear Jamboree IS probably boring for you...of course, that doesn't mean ALL TEENS think it's boring. Many think it is Heaven...and so do I.

I just don't want the Sentinel to read this and get the wrong impression...and you do not have the consensus at all.

*AA Yosemitie Music Starts to Play*

Children LOVE IT. Here's an excerpt from a Cast Member:

1) Crowds:
"The show has been seeing pretty excellet crowds for the park (around noon to 3:00). During those hours it's not unusual at all to fill up the theater and have to ask people to wait for the next show." This is VERY common...afternoon - 4:00 - WHAM! lines outside of people - adults without children, teenagers, children, seniors...see the Country Bear Jamboree. One family skipped the parade to see it (as there were no shows during paradetime)...people in the queue wait 20 minutes in the morning for the show...an hour in the afternoon, even. The show is crowded - people love to see the Country Bear Jamboree.

2) Heritage:
"I get a special kick from a few circumstances in particular: parents (or grandparents) saying they've always loved the show and delight in showing their kids (or grandkids) for the first time; west coast visitors who bemoan the closure of the Disneyland attraction and really relish seeing the bears at WDW; and a couple of handicapped kids who show up at Grizzly Hall almost
every weekend. These include a girl with autism who insists on sitting front and center at the show, and a wheelchair bound boy named Fana who is absolutely infatuated with Shaker."
This show is VERY well=loved. It is the PERFECT show (like IASW or the original Tiki Room) that is great for G/P and children to enjoy!

3) Boring???:
You may think CBJ is boring. Do I have to put up sound clips of the audience LAUGHING, CLAPPING, STOMPING FEET, AND SINGING ALONG WITH THE BEARS??!! In a Christmas Show, the theater was so crowded it almost sounded like the last night of the Country Bear Playhouse!! Every show gets a round of applause...EVEN AFTER THE SONGS...To the majority of people (and I stay at CBJ for at least 6 shows a day now) this show is naturally NOT BORING!!

4) Playhouse:
Plus, this show is the only chance for the original show to appear in English, sheesh! It'd be suicide to close the show in Disneyland AND in Walt Disney World. It shouldn't leave WDW as it is an original show to it. Plus it is a CLASSIC...one that can NEVER be copied or duplicated (bing wink to those Chuck E. Cheese folks who ruin the reputation for many people)

5) Quality:
Excellent after 30 years. Animatronics have new, swifter movements on a digital system, they have been updated immesnly, and are terrific in quality!

You just go and visit Grizzly Hall when I reopen the site and click on the audience section. I will make it just for those who thinks the majority of people think CBJ is boring. Well, clearly, for those in the theater, it ain't. And there are tons of those.

Remember, CBJ isn't only a kid-attraction. There are several jokes inside for Kids and several for adults. But look at it this way - - we are all children at heart.

LONG LIVE CBJ!!

:sohappy: :king: :sohappy:

General Grizz

Mr. Test Track:

I wouldn't mind Test Track being there if it just didn't break down so much and had some more values of discovery and the future. As it is, I mean, it does bring thrills and all...I would just have that there, and fix it up by having a couple other queue exhibits (i.e. A World of Motion walk-through or maybe a really hyped up Dreamflight ride)...

I just miss WoM SOOOO much...and I can't see it being replaced by TT. :(

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
HOW OLD ARE YOU? :D

I am guessing 13-17? Country Bear Jamboree IS probably boring for you...of course, that doesn't mean ALL TEENS think it's boring. Many think it is Heaven...and so do I.

Judging by your poor taste in attractions, and your fondness for such a ridiculously outdated kiddie attraction, I should be the one guessing YOUR age (which would have to be roughly in the 12-15 range, I'd say). 13-17.....sorry, I haven't been in that age range in a very long time. It would be nice to go back, though. Just because YOU enjoy it, likewise, doesn't mean that ALL TEENS enjoy it. Most teens are idiots, so that would explain the ones that do enjoy this crap. To SOME, CBJ isn't boring....not to all, and certainly not to the majority. Disney tends to keep crappy rides up with no intent on removing them (It's a Small World and Dumbo, come to mind). You can call it classic to your heart's content.....that really doesn't mean jack. Some people I know who have a fully restored Edsel also call IT classic, yet overwhelming popular opinion of the car when it was brought out was that it was crap. Maybe they shouldn't close the show in both Disneyland AND Disney World......but they can certainly close the one in Disney World and put something much more enjoyable in there. My statements earlier about this ride never included the phrase "Everyone thinks this ride is stupid" or "Everyone finds this ride boring". To say that would be stupid in itself. But for every sad individual who enjoys this garbage, there's one who doesn't care for it and wouldn't miss it if it was gone. But congratulations to you on your liking it.

monorail256

now boys.. lets get along... :lol: i myslef am a teenage and I have no problem with any rides on wdw property... as long as they please people. I havn't been on cbj for years... but I remember when I was 5-8 it was one of my favs... and Im sure some of your "boring" rides you enjoyed also as a kid.. big deal if they get rid of something... as long as the new thing brings the happiness and magic to someone!! :)

General Grizz

"Judging by your poor taste in attractions, and your fondness for such a ridiculously outdated kiddie attraction, I should be the one guessing YOUR age (which would have to be roughly in the 12-15 range, I'd say)."

Judging by your quite incorrect estimates and by your insulting nature...I am not sure if I should continue reading your message at all...I think that would be the wisest decision. Although, thank you for your time to write.

(I apologize if I guessed your age range wrongly, yet I never insult)..... ;) Do what you will...

General Grizz

Oh, I must make one thing clear...

We all love Disney for different reasons. My love is for the original attractions...and they leave the sweetest taste in the world...such a beauty. This taste sure isn't poor. I think your attitude is what is poor around these parts...

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
[BJudging by your quite incorrect estimates and by your insulting nature...I am not sure if I should continue reading your message at all...I think that would be the wisest decision. Although, thank you for your time to write.

(I apologize if I guessed your age range wrongly, yet I never insult)..... ;) Do what you will... [/B]

Check on your own insulting nature before you comment on mine. You brought mine out with your own remarks. "...yet I never insult"....sure, that's a blatant lie.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Oh, I must make one thing clear...

We all love Disney for different reasons. My love is for the original attractions...and they leave the sweetest taste in the world...such a beauty. This taste sure isn't poor. I think your attitude is what is poor around these parts...

Whoopdee ________ for your love of "classic" attractions. "Leave the sweetest taste in the world"...oh please. Your taste is extremely poor, not to mention your own attitude, Mr. Hypocrite.

monorail256

BOYS! stop this.. it makes no sense at all... nothings going to come from this.. so i want you to say your sorry... do you hear me?! i know we all have our own opionions but... lets not fight about it.. we all have different tastes.. :hammer: :brick: now.. stop being little devils :fork: and be the angels you are :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom