One Ride to Disappear....

Brett

MK: Timekeeper
Epcot: The Living Seas
MGM: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playset
AK: Kali River Rapids (Make it good or get rid of it)

mandib

MK- Aladdin's Magic Carpets
AK- Basically can we start the park over again? sry its not one of my favs
MGM-Indiana jones and Little Mermaid
Epcot-Most of the world showcase movies/rides

There's my picks!

HMGhost13

MK-the stupid meet and greet, formerly 20K..use the space!!!!

Epcot-wow...hard to say really...there's an empty restauraunt between FW and WS, remove that.

MGM-never did Sounds Dangerous...but update GMR...

AK-Tricertops Spin...for the love of god, we have 4 of these things in the park...i'm surprised they don't have one in epcot or mgm...

Mission: SPACE

MK-Timekeeper
Epcot- Maelstrom... definately a disappoint 15 sec ride (OK, OK... I exagerated, but it is short!!!)
MGM-Sounds Dangerous
AK-Triceratop Spin... there's two at the MK!!!

Stitch79

MK - Alien Enounter

EPCOT - They don't really need to get rid of the living seas, but do SOMETHING else with it....it has so much potential.

MGM - Indy Stunt show, this is the same show that was there when the park opened! Update it or bring an Indy ride!!

AK - I think they need to add to it rather than close things.....

Just a few questions.....some people have said to close the Morroco pavillion, why? I think its great to wander around in the outdoor market area and its fun to have henna done. I love that place.

Also I love the Tarzan Rocks! show....why would you want to get rid of it?

Katherine

MK: The Indy Seedway(It smells so bad and it is so loud)

Epcot:The need to do something with Living Seas

MGM: Put some more rides in IMO there are to many shows

AK: They just need more, I wouldn't take anything out right now just because they really need to develop the park more.

crowdcontroltap

Well, lets see....hmmmm
I like most all of the attractions except for:
MK: Alien Encounter (that attraction really, really scares the kids to extremes according to my former roomie when I was a CP).
Epcot: I would redo "Ellen's Energy Adventure" since she no longer has a contract with Disney Company
MGM: Sounds Dangerous (and wished they would bring back Monster Sound Show and Superstar Television)
AK: Pocahontas and Her Forrest Friends show needs a major overhaul.

aj_macack

Alright.. first of all I have to say that this was very easy...

MK- Aladdin's Madic Carpet... or move it somewhere else.. i find it crowds adventure land

Epcot- El Rio Del Tempo.. i'm not even going to comment

MGM- Sounds Dangerous.. sounded more stupid than anything to me... I couldn't believe I waited 15 minutes for it...ugh!

AK- Dinosaur... you're going to think I'm weird, but I HATE this ride... I don't know what is about it, but if it left tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.... sorry :(

Just my opinion...

mkepcotmgmak

MK - Indy Speedway (btw, 20,000 is a sore in Disney's side. being an ex-castmember, my trainer told me that they couldn't drain the tank becuase they fear it has been there so long that it could collapse, and it is right above the men or womens dressing room, can't remember which one, but it occasionally leaks down below.)

Epcot - Spaceship Earth. (great ride, just TOO BORING) put a coaster in there and get attendance UP UP UP.

Disney Studios - Sounds Dangerous AND PLEASE keep tGMR, but SOME MAJOR REHAB WOULD BE NICE!

AK - Pocahontas and or TTSpin

justinsul1

MK- BTM needs a major overhaul it is sooooo lame, AE needs to go, just awful!!!!!!

EP-JIYIWF is by far the WROST THING I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE, get rid of ellen, get rid of malestrom, get rid of el rio de tiempo, get rid of living seas, get rid of living with the land, get rid of WOL, get rid of SE, BASICALLY EPCOT IS DYING! PG IS NEEDED RIGHT AWAY

MGM- my fave park by leaps and bounds... but... adios Star Tours (out-dated), adios Sounds dangerous, and bring back Superstar television (that was IMHO the esscense of MGM), Backlot tour needs an update

AK- I actually really like the AK and think there are plenty of attraction i dont know why every1 is so hard on it! i had an amazing day there... oh yeah... wait RAFIKI'S PLANET WATCH MUST GO!!!!!!!!!

triparkal

Since it's my first post here on this board i thought it would be great to reply to the most negative thread i could find...
What would i get rid of?

MK- Tiki Room... all buster poindexter songs need to be kept off property

Epcot- El Rio

MGM- Sounds Dangerous

AK- Is anything in Chester and Hester's really necessary?

until next time
-john v

Disneynutcase

MK--although I agree that the sub lagoon needs to be turned into a new ride area, my pick (and personal peeve in this park) would be to pull the existing POTC and replace it with the complete version from DL--or even a "Better Than DL" version. I guess growing up on the west coast spoiled me on this one, but every time I do WDW's POTC, it practically ruines my day. It's like 2/3rd of the original. End of rant...

Epcot--Living Seas--at one time the coolest aquarium exhibit on the planet only to be quickly surpassed by Sea World and city aquariums as far as innovations go. There's a lot they could do with a "man's relationship w/ the sea" pavillion. Right now it's just sad.

MGM--Back Lot Tour--what a snooze-fest and total waste of potential ride space! Catastrophe Canyon is not exciting. This is probably my only "never again" Disney attraction. Why waste a good 1/2 hour?

AK--Tarzan Rocks!--uck! bleeck! patooey! Okay, I'll grant that once Tarzan and Jane arrive and do the vine swinging/dancing, it actually rocks for a few moments. But in between we get a very crappy cover band (who are way over the top) and Rosie O'Donnell's voice. Not my favorite Disney movie as it is.

On a side-note, people would like the Moroccan Pavillion more if they ate at the restaurant. We did the last time we were there and really loved the place.

Of course, having actually toured the real Morocco, I find that the Epcot version lacks authenticity. If they really wanted the pavilion to feel real, they'd have people in costume following you everywhere trying to sell you all kinds of crap for $10.00. Then it would feel just like Marrakesh. And to improve upon this thought, these begger/merchants start off trying to sell you one item for "ten dollah!" as you head into the pavilion. And as you come out, they'll sell you everything they have for "ten dollah!" Oh yeah, and they shouldn't forget to have the veiled women curse you in their native tongue when you don't buy anything. (Gee, I just gave a trip report on when I went to Marrakesh) Ooops! I forgot to add that the same 12 merchants followed us from place to place all over the city, through pouring rain, all to get $10.00--hysterical! My wife tried to pass herself off as German, thinking that they'd back off ("Nine bitte") and they immediately switched to "Ten Deutch Marks!" Ah, memories!

Sorry for the ramble.

AndyMagic

ooh fun fun... I love questions like these.

MK:
Speedway (Small capacity, smells, has NOTHING to do with Tomorrowland, and takes up more room than all of Liberty Square!! What a waste of space it is. :mad:

Country Bear Jamboree (It's already gone at Disneyland and no one seemed to care, I have a feeling this will be leaving soon anyway)

Jungle Cruise (Pretty much the same story as Speedway, it is the worlds most boring attraction, is dated beyond all reason, and takes up SOOO much room. The only reason people ride this is for a little chuckle that the talented Cast Members give.

Epcot:
Living with the Land, (SNORE!!! It can stay I suppose but something has to be done to stop it from being so dull)

Wonders of Life (It feels as though I stepped into a really bad 80's health class video. ugh! I'm glad that Project Gemini's plans include ripping this sorry excuse for a pavilion out)

Disney-MGM Studios:
I like almost everything in this park but if I HAD to pick I guess I would choose The Backlot Studio Tour (Ooh look... "and on your left is the house facade for the hit TV show The Golden Girls! :rolleyes: ... nuff said)

Animal Kingdom:
Planet Watch (Conservation Station) - Good idea, poory executed

Camp Minnie-Mickey - the whole land just doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom. Although I would like to see Festival of the Lion King moved to a different land.

That is all.

EchoOfOphelia

Wow, so many to pick from...

Magic Kingdom - This ones a no brainer... The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh .... I HATE that bear. Oh and Country Bear Jamboree. I hadn't gone on it in years then did so again last.... then it dawned on me why I hadn't gone on it in years... its terrible.

Epcot - Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

MGM Studios - Star Tours

Animal Kingdom - Triceratops Spin

rosie.ca

Originally posted by Lome
Actually, they should do that with almost all the pavilions! However they try to represent the most characteristic things of each country (Germany only represents the babarian zone .What I remember, is that with the UK pavilion, they tried to represent 8 different arquitectural styles... that's why it's looks confusing... anyway, I'd leave the World Showcase just as it is. At Epcot, I'd have to agree with disappearing Body Wars.
AK.- Something needs to be done with Conservation Station... they already have the infrastructure, however it's very boring!
MGM- Re-hab on Star Tours
MK- I like Buzz Lightyear.. but if we compare it with Universal's Men in Black-.. then, it need to be re-done!

ummm i think you meant bavarian ...at least i hope so :lookaroun *has visions of conan in disney * :lol:

Gucci65

I have to agree with Disneynutcase on Morocco. My sister and I had dinner at the Moroccan restaurant and it definately changed that way we viewed the pavillion.

Okay here are the rides I could live without:

MK - Snow White - does anyone like this ride? I never rode it until I took my daughter (when she was 4) and it scared her to death! We have rode it since then and still don't like it.

MGM - nothing, this is my favorite park

Epcot - nothing

AK - Tarzan Rocks (it pales in comparison to the Lion King)

Disneynutcase

Re: Morocco Pavilion--

Another overlooked cool thing is the character greet area opposite the entrance to the Marrakesh Restaurant. We had a great encounter with Jasmine on a very busy day. But for some reason, no one was wandering to the back area of the pavilion. I think we visted with this very knockout pretty girl for about 15 minutes, all w/ her in character.

My 3 year old niece was enthralled by her, so much so that if "Jasmine" said, "Would you like to come home to my palace and live with me forever and ever?" my niece would've taken Jasmine's hand and waved good-bye to everyone.

Actually the young women they have doing the princesses (and Alice & Mary Poppins) tend to be great and very engaging. But that's another side topic.

Carry on with the ride axing...

kellydisney

MK -- 20k lagoon, it's such an eyesore, even with the characters there. I say make an attraction having to do with Finding Nemo there since it did so well in theaters! That way, they can keep it the way it is and add sub type things back.

Epcot -- Body Wars (puke puke)

MGM -- The street where the Hunchback show was. I say bring Hunchback back, I loved that show, but something needs to be done to the street in general. It's so empty. Don't take it down, just add to it!

DAK -- Conservation Station. Don't take it out, but put in exotic animals that are safe to pet... we can get goats anywhere. :) And add to what you can see on the train ride over, it's boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom