One Man's Dream to become Walt Disney Presents preview center

donsullivan

Premium Member
Well done. That's the kind of look I was hoping for. It'd be nice if they themed the pale box behind it, but I'll take any step in the right direction.

They lied!
I would not be surprised to see the building painted to that same green color used on the theater behind RnRC soon as well. Given the pace of the demolition of the adjacent building that's probably waiting until that side is ready to be painted as well.

Next Big Thing

I would not be surprised to see the building painted to that same green color used on the theater behind RnRC soon as well. Given the pace of the demolition of the adjacent building that's probably waiting until that side is ready to be painted as well.
I was thinking the same thing. I would welcome it as I hate the beige soundstage look.

Castle Cake Apologist

It is in the spirit of Grand Ave.. The park is transforming from a "working studio" into a theme park designed around an idealized Disneyesque Hollywood.

Sort of a Tomorrowland or Adventureland but based on the Hollywood (LA) that never was and always will be.

I gotta say, JT is making sense for once.

I really like the new sign, honestly. It's a huge improvement over the old one. Interesting to see that "Walt Disney Presents" is the name of the entire building now, but the displays/film are still referred to as "Walt Disney - One Man's Dream." I support that decision.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve, I'm confused about this line "Due to Hurricane Irma, the models are not yet on display and remain behind glass."
If the models are already here at WDW and installed behind the curtain, why is the hurricane stopping them from displaying them? Maybe its obvious and I'm just missing something. Thanks for any clarification!
I believe the models are there, but the install isn't quite show ready or hasn't had management approval yet. There was also a CM preview scheduled that was cancelled due to Irma.

Castle Cake Apologist

I believe the models are there, but the install isn't quite show ready or hasn't had management approval yet. There was also a CM preview scheduled that was cancelled due to Irma.

Ah, okay. Makes sense then. I imagine management and the WDI team tasked with setting them up had a lot more on their minds than the models. Thank you for the info!

alias8703

Please calm down, the models can't come right away. The hurricane just messed up everything(including the debut of these models for TSL & SWGE, and concept art for TGMR's replacement, M&MRR at WDP(or for nostalgia reasons WDOMD)

No.

i-will-not-calm-down-12.jpg

Last edited:

IMDREW

Anyone know when the models will be revealed? I'm going to the parks on monday and it's my last day in orlando. Really hoped to have seen them!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It will probably depend on how Irma has impacted the timeline as cleanup etc is still the top priority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom