One Man's Dream to become Walt Disney Presents preview center

phi2134

The one small model they for SW:GE, is that the exit for the Falcon ride? I thought i remembered seeing that one ship on top of the buidling near where the full scale Millenium Falcon is in the back of the land.

No Name

The fence covers the TSMM building and hides the garage, but why doesn't it continue behind Slinky as well? It seems incomplete to me.

Because his backyard is supposed to continue far beyond that. If there were fences on both the TSMM side and the Slinky side, that would mean his backyard is like 5 feet long. Although since they're building the fence something like two feet tall, I'm surprised they care.

Although the fact that it's arched on the one side of the TSMM builing, and just go-away-green paint on the other side... yeah, that feels incomplete.

Last edited:

Flynnwriter

The TOY STORY LAND model is a sad reflection of the cost savings that thrashed the theming - rockwork, giant shovels, story... of this potentially light-Disney themed "land".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One question I see answered is how the back of TSMM will be handled, it will be painted like a fence.

Indeed...

upload_2017-9-15_15-6-58.png

And it looks like a gate is in front of TSMM.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the distant photo I saw of the display model it looked like they might be modeling the fence effect they are also using behind slinky.

That section of the model was shown a few posts back. The back side has the fence, but not the side along the entrance path.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
That section of the model was shown a few posts back. The back side has the fence, but not the side along the entrance path.

Indeed, going by the model, the entrance corridor is completely unthemed. It isn't until that last step of the entrance corridor that theming starts.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Why would the backstage path for CMs include a billboard for Midway Mania?

You never know what might happen in the future to that area. It's been designated by one of our insiders as a possible expansion pad for SWGE. And if they ever use that space for crowd control, like the side streets parallel to Main Street in the MK, then it would look relatively themed to guests.

britain

You never know what might happen in the future to that area. It's been designated by one of our insiders as a possible expansion pad for SWGE. And if they ever use that space for crowd control, like the side streets parallel to Main Street in the MK, then it would look relatively themed to guests.

Good call. They might even be planning on regularly funneling out Galaxy Edge guests that way after park closing.

Club34

please don't take this as me poo-pooing TSL, but there seems to be a lot of just plain ol' space in there. does the queue for slinky dog weave through the coaster track area? again, i think the land looks phenomenal [and i'm not that big of a TS fan] but there are only 2 rides and i figured we'd get some more of those themed rack rides like from china. anyone agree or want to take me out behind the shed?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
please don't take this as me poo-pooing TSL, but there seems to be a lot of just plain ol' space in there. does the queue for slinky dog weave through the coaster track area? again, i think the land looks phenomenal [and i'm not that big of a TS fan] but there are only 2 rides and i figured we'd get some more of those themed rack rides like from china. anyone agree or want to take me out behind the shed?

Guests will never pass under the coaster. If they did, they'd need netting or some sort of hard roofed shelter to keep things dropping from the coaster (like a cell phone) onto a guest's head. All the pathing you see under the coaster is just for CMs. The guests' path to the ride goes over a portion of the track.

The land has 3 rides: TSMM is included. The land was built around TSMM to include it as part of the land.

This is on par with most lands:
  • Hogsmeade: 1 new ride and incorporating two old rides
  • Diagon Alley: 2 new rides
  • Cars Land: 3 new rides
  • SWL: 2 new rides
  • Pandora: 2 new rides
  • Adventureland: 3 rides
  • Storybook Circus: 1 new ride, incorporating two old rides
  • New Fantasy Land: 2 new rides

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom