One Day Stay...Which park would you choose?

WDW Marathoner

Original Poster
Just curious, if you had a 1 day lay over in Orlando, which WDW Park would you visit and why? I would opt for Magic Kingdom...It's just emblematic of all that is great about Disney for me!! :p

KristieLC

I think I would have to say Animal Kingdom. My son is most excited about going there so he can dig for dinosaurs and do everything dino. He also keeps telling me he wants to be a Zoo Keeper when he grows up, so I know he is going to love the safari. He can't et enough of our little zoo, so this is going to be great!!

wolf359

I've done one day or two day trips before, and have rotated through all four parks, and I'd probably say the Magic Kingdom is my first choice. I dearly love EPCOT, and it is probably actually tied for first place, but lately I've found myself really enjoying Animal Kingdom a lot, taking the time to slow down and absorb the details.

The Magic Kingdom IS Disney to me, and has everything a trip to WDW should have. But EPCOT has so much to see and do it still feels like you've really been somewhere special and unique. Animal Kingdom is ranking high with me right now because it is the park I'm still discovering new things at, and the animals really make it a true "different every time" destination. And I really enjoy the mix of big thrills, smaller scale attractions, and immersive theming. Of course, I'd probably be happy to spend the $75 just to ride Everest over and over again... :p

The Studios is easily my last choice, because even though I love Tower of Terror and Rock N Rollercoaster, the rest of the park is really lacking enough magic or attraction power to make an "all or nothing" trip seem worth it.

dreamscometrue

I've thought of this quite a bit during the past couple of years. It's a very tough decision, but I'd pick Animal Kingdom. All of the parks are amazing, but I love the serenity and theming of AK. The park has several of my fav attractions (Dinosaur, Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Festival of The Lion King, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Kali, The Village Beatniks, etc.) and I find it to be a perfect combination of thrilling and relaxing.

disneypearl

Magic Kingdom - couldn't get to WDW/Orlando without seeing Cinderella Castle, walking down Main Street, and riding my favorites (Pirates, Haunted, and Splash)

MicheleK

I've done this several times. I do minimum of two parks but usually get in three. In order of importance: MK, DHS, EPCOT. If it's only two, then it's MK for at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the day then DHS until close -- Fantasmic! to end the night of course :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom