One day Pirates of the Caribbean closure for refurbishment

pug

You don't know the area management. Common sense is doing your job as you are being told to do it so that you can keep your job. I have never seen a situation where four people cannot fit. And I've loaded thousands of boats. Fitting comfortably is another story. Cast don't always like it but they have to do it of they will get disciplinary action taken against them. I've seen it happen. I've seen cast get in trouble from this. So, no. I would have rather have a guest yell at me. Check my avatar picture. If you want to complain, start at as close to the top as you can get. Front line cast doesn't care. They don't get paid enough to. They are instructed to sit four per row, they will continue to sit four per row until the policy is changed, and they will talk the nasty smack about you the second your boat leaves if you complain to them.
So next time I will ask to be alone in 1st row

doctornick

Isn't 4 people in a row pretty standard for POTC?

And what is a bigger factor for guest satisfaction: having more room in your row or getting on the ride quicker/less waiting. Personally, I'd rather have a shorter wait in line but YMMV.

PhotoDave219

You don't know the area management. Common sense is doing your job as you are being told to do it so that you can keep your job. I have never seen a situation where four people cannot fit. And I've loaded thousands of boats. Fitting comfortably is another story. Cast don't always like it but they have to do it of they will get disciplinary action taken against them. I've seen it happen. I've seen cast get in trouble from this. So, no. I would have rather have a guest yell at me. Check my avatar picture. If you want to complain, start at as close to the top as you can get. Front line cast doesn't care. They don't get paid enough to. They are instructed to sit four per row, they will continue to sit four per row until the policy is changed, and they will talk the nasty smack about you the second your boat leaves if you complain to them.

First… I'm not interested in yelling at frontline cast. Most are put in a bad spot and bad situations by poor management decisions. I prefer to Yell at the person who made the bad policy in the first place.

Second… I wouldn't call sitting comfortably on a theme park attraction "entitled"… I believe that's part of the implied contract by purchasing a park ticket.

pug

Isn't 4 people in a row pretty standard for POTC?

And what is a bigger factor for guest satisfaction: having more room in your row or getting on the ride quicker/less waiting. Personally, I'd rather have a shorter wait in line but YMMV.
Yeah but when my arms are hanging out of the boat. I don't care if I have to wait 10 min to go in 1st row or the last row
First… I'm not interested in yelling at frontline cast. Most are put in a bad spot and bad situations by poor management decisions. I prefer to Yell at the person who made the bad policy in the first place.

Second… I wouldn't call sitting comfortably on a theme park attraction "entitled"… I believe that's part of the implied contract by purchasing a park ticket.
you got that right!

TheGhostWithTheMost

I agree with you. And the entitled crack wasn't directed to you but rather to the general people who scream at frontline. I agree that people should be comfortable. If you look at pictures from the 70's-90's there is almost NEVER four per row. It's because it's a numbers game now.

PhotoDave219

I agree with you. And the entitled crack wasn't directed to you but rather to the general people who scream at frontline. I agree that people should be comfortable. If you look at pictures from the 70's-90's there is almost NEVER four per row. It's because it's a numbers game now.

Oh I agree with you that a large percentage of the demographics that come to the Walt Disney World resort are entitled little… People.

It's completely a numbers game… Because that's who's running the parks. Numbers people.

TheGhostWithTheMost

Oh I agree with you that a large percentage of the demographics that come to the Walt Disney World resort are entitled little… People.

It's completely a numbers game… Because that's who's running the parks. Numbers people.
I admit this is something that I'm very sensitive about. I have worked in three out of the four parks and logged a lot of years at the Mouse. And the way Pirates has been run for the past year and a half is the reason I left the company and don't even want to visit the parks anymore. The terrible way ride is run and the condition of the ride affects management in a vague way. They may get a disappointing email from a higher manager or Phil. But it's the front line that takes straight up abuse because of it. I have seen Cast or been personally subjected to being spit on, punched, threatened, kicked, screamed at, had terrible things said about their physical traits, verbally abused, and physically abused. I have seen guest call cast racial and homophobic slurs. I have seen cast have panic and anxiety attacks from the way they are treated. Seeing hundreds of Facebook statues from old friends still in the area sharing their Christmas 2015 at Pirates horror stories is enough to make you boil with anger. I heard they performed an in show evac six times between December 25th and December 26th. I am really sensitive to the way cast get treated at that attraction because I know stories that are so unbelievable that it would make your jaw drop.

PhotoDave219

I admit this is something that I'm very sensitive about. I have worked in three out of the four parks and logged a lot of time at the Mouse. And the way Pirates has been run for the past year and a half is the reason I left the company. The way the terrible way ride is run and the condition of the ride affects management in a vague way. They may get a disappointing email from a higher manager or Phil. But it's the front line that takes straight up abuse. I have seen Cast or been personally subjected to being spit on, punched, threatened, screamed out, verbally abused, and physically abused. I have seen guest call cast racial and homophobic slurs. Seeing hundreds of Facebook statues from old friends still in the area sharing that Christmas at Pirates horror stories is enough to make you boil with anger. I heard they performed an in show evac six times between December 25th and December 26th. I am really sensitive to the way cast get treated at that attraction because I know stories that are so unbelievable that it would make your jaw drop.

Well… Maybe not drop. Then again I am not exactly one of the more tender and delicate souls around these places…

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Please don't blame the cast for "overloading." Cast are told that numbers matter most. They have to get four per row and they have to out groups together. Disney World is about numbers, money making, and time shares... Not guest experiences.

I can remember when it was about the EXPERIENCE if that was good, the numbers took care of themselves. With Disney I'm constantly reminded of Warren Buffet's classic line.

"If you manage only for the bottom line, soon you will not have a bottom line"

I tend to trust the 'Sage of Omaha' more than Bob Iger as Bob has slashed and cut his way to a few quarters of increased profits, Warren has consistently grown his businesses over DECADES of improving performance without resort to financial gimmicks.

Next Big Thing

I get the whole numbers complaint in certain situations, but we're talking about something that pertains to making sure capacity is maximized in order to reduce wait times as much as possible.

wdrive

So when I can't fit in the row, it will screw up the load. I won't get on the boat. Then that screws up the entire line.

I think I'd rather be yelled at by management then yelled at By guests. Common sense needs to take over at some point.

I'd rather by yelled at by guests than fired.

PhotoDave219

I get the whole numbers complaint in certain situations, but we're talking about something that pertains to making sure capacity is maximized in order to reduce wait times as much as possible.

I'm sorry, I care about sitting comfortably on an attraction. For the amount of money I paid to get into these parts? That's the bare minimum I expect

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Except boats aren't going out empty or under loaded. Getting rid of fastpass may make standby by lines shorter but it will not make the attraction carry more guests.
It won't, but the attraction will be able to handle the demand as intended. TSMM is a lesson not learnt in shoehorning Fastpass into something not designed for it. Let alone Mansion. Or Underseas Adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom