One day Pirates of the Caribbean closure for refurbishment

The Duck

POTC misbehaving again. Down again. 1/5 @ 12:50.
In recent years, POTC (and many other attractions) have been open for business regardless of conditions.
Are we to assume that the conditions have sunk so low that they actually chose to shut it down than let the public see it in less than stellar shape?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
In recent years, POTC (and many other attractions) have been open for business regardless of conditions.
Are we to assume that the conditions have sunk so low that they actually chose to shut it down than let the public see it in less than stellar shape?

this is one of those darn if you do darn if you don't kinda things isn't it? Guests will complain if they see things not working in a ride but then again if a ride is closed... not sure what is the best scenario.

I understand things could be maintained better and all, but these things do get quite the workout so when I ride things I'm more surprised when everything works than if I find something that doesn't honestly. I guess it shouldn't be that way but it is

Kman101

It's not a case of an effect being broken for a few days or even a few weeks. It's a matter of things being kept badly for YEARS that starts to bother people. As much as I'd love everything fixed over night like many say happened in 'the good ole days', that's not always possible. So, IMO, jumping on them for something that they do make an effort to keep working that maybe stops here and there or for days at a time, is a bit much but POTC deserves the ire because of it's really poor condition.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Depends. Problems can be show related (WDW rarely closes anything nowadays for something unless it's major) or if it's infrastructure / ride system related in which case it can be physically impossible to run.

Kman101

Saw the post on Twitter and a picture of the mist screen with Black Beard so ... yay I guess. At least a few things are working again.

I'm pretty sure I saw the mermaids effect working last time I was on it [during the 24 hour party]. It was a small glimmer in the water. It's actually sort of creepy. I like it.

Scuttle

Anyone know if they replaced the moving walkway? The peg leg marks are gone. Could be old news I haven't ridden in a few months.

Last edited:

Scuttle

Saw the post on Twitter and a picture of the mist screen with Black Beard so ... yay I guess. At least a few things are working again.

I'm pretty sure I saw the mermaids effect working last time I was on it [during the 24 hour party]. It was a small glimmer in the water. It's actually sort of creepy. I like it.
Yes blackboard is working and the mermaid effects seem to be working better.

FigmentForver96

It's like halfway through the cave portion of the ride. Before you reach the sandy shore look to the left or right of the boat. If the effect is working, then there should be a quick glimpse of the mermaids appear. Very small effect and honestly the ride be better off without it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom