One day Pirates of the Caribbean closure for refurbishment

FigmentForver96

It's a small effect but to me it's a creepy little effect that adds to the ride. Not everyone can notice it though, it's a very quick glimpse but I like it. Does the ride NEED it? No, but little things like that add to the immersion, IMO. Who's it harming?
It's not awful buts it's unrealiable and they could've done better. It looks like something that was just quickly thrown in to tie with the newest film.

Goofyernmost

whos George?
I believe that George is the resident ghost that inhabits the PoTC attraction. Legend has it that if the CM's say good morning to George first thing in the morning that the ride runs with little to no problems all day. However, if anyone, forgets or is just a non-believer, the ride becomes a nightmare of breakdowns and problems all day long.

Apparently, they have been staffing the ride with non-believers almost completely lately. So if you had a good ride and nothing bad happened, then say thank you to George on the way out. He apparently enjoys positive feedback. :happy:

bhg469

I believe that George is the resident ghost that inhabits the PoTC attraction. Legend has it that if the CM's say good morning to George first thing in the morning that the ride runs with little to no problems all day. However, if anyone, forgets or is just a non-believer, the ride becomes a nightmare of breakdowns and problems all day long.

Apparently, they have been staffing the ride with non-believers almost completely lately. So if you had a good ride and nothing bad happened, then say thank you to George on the way out. He apparently enjoys positive feedback. :happy:
I rode with my wife on a trip around 2010 and we were discussing the "ghost" in the queue and couldn't remember the name. When we got to the front of the line we asked one of the CMs about it and he instantly said he didn't know what were were talking about. I was bummed that this younger, probably CP, was letting things die because he's too cool for stories. We were trying to explain to him about it and he just looked at us puzzled as he assigned us our row. As the next boat arrived and we sat he looked at us and said "I dont't know about that story but I will ask my friend George, he has worked her a long time"

We looked at each other and instantly knew he was messing with us the whole time and knew the stories etc... I appreciated how he went about it and gave me a little faith in that generation of CMs.

Anyway soon after the ride started we were drifting through the caves, laughing about how he played us really well and we enjoyed it and we came up to the drop and suddenly the ride quit as we looked down into the black abyss. The one part of the ride that is probably a little scary to stare at and we were stuck there for about 30 minutes. We did have to be evacuated but the story was completely worth it.

TheGhostWithTheMost

Pirates Cast are not allowed to discuss the ghost story with guest per management. A man win a kid asked a Cast Member about it a few years ago and the Cast Member told them the legend. The man' skid got scared and he complained to management...about getting an answer to a question he asked. It's now something Cast can get in trouble for mentioning anything about George to guests. You could never believe what management is like for that area. Cast are also not allowed to say dead, bodies, or blood red carpet at Mansion. Don't even get me started on Jungle Cruise. That area of the park should be the most fun to work but that area, after all the areas at Disney I had worked at over four years, wast he reason I left the company.

Mike S

Pirates Cast are not allowed to discuss the ghost story with guest per management. A man win a kid asked a Cast Member about it a few years ago and the Cast Member told them the legend. The man' skid got scared and he complained to management...about getting an answer to a question he asked. It's now something Cast can get in trouble for mentioning anything about George to guests. You could never believe what management is like for that area. Cast are also not allowed to say dead, bodies, or blood red carpet at Mansion. Don't even get me started on Jungle Cruise. That area of the park should be the most fun to work but that area, after all the areas at Disney I had worked at over four years, wast he reason I left the company.
"Please make your way to the dead center of the room."

Scuttle

It's a small effect but to me it's a creepy little effect that adds to the ride. Not everyone can notice it though, it's a very quick glimpse but I like it. Does the ride NEED it? No, but little things like that add to the immersion, IMO. Who's it harming?
I agree that the water effects aren't a big deal. The Mermaid skeleton was a big change IMO. I think I'd prefer just to have the Sparrow AA alone and that's enough character infusion if you ask me.

Scuttle

In the HM, I'm certain I've heard "drag your bodies to the dead center of the room" more than once.

From recent posts I've read, Pirates needs a serious refurbishment. I hope it will go down soon so it can get the love it needs (and deserves).
Honestly I rode it twice the past two nights and it looked good. Every AA I saw was working and working correctly. Mermaid projection and Blackbeard was on and visible, Hat Pirate had all his hats on and was moving and Barrel Sparrow was poking his head out fully.
image.jpg
And it looked way better than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom