News On-ride PhotoPass comes to the Haunted Mansion

Soluna16

Super excited to get my picture when I head there later this week. Any idea where in the ride it is yet?

I'm not shocked people on this site are annoyed about it. People have to be reactionary to everything.

draybook

Super excited to get my picture when I head there later this week. Any idea where in the ride it is yet?

I'm not shocked people on this site are annoyed about it. People have to be reactionary to everything.

It's the last changing portrait. I believe a medusa like portrait. It was made to look like a lightning flash and wasn't bright or out of place. It blended well with the ride.

I'll post our photo if it ever shows up. It's been about 3.5 hours and nothing yet.

I am Timmy

I hope it' done well and doesn't detract from the experience (my favorite attraction!), but I'm willing to wait and see. I absolutely LOVE the pics you can have taken in the store at Spirit Photography - they create lenticular photos of you and include one of the ghosts over your image. I have one of each of my boys (2) in HM 8x10 frames - favorite souvenir EVER!

LittleBuford

I hope it' done well and doesn't detract from the experience (my favorite attraction!), but I'm willing to wait and see. I absolutely LOVE the pics you can have taken in the store at Spirit Photography - they create lenticular photos of you and include one of the ghosts over your image. I have one of each of my boys (2) in HM 8x10 frames - favorite souvenir EVER!

We’ve had only one firsthand report so far (the post right above yours), and it suggests that the flash is well integrated with the existing lighting effects. I’m curious to see what others say. If done right, this sounds like a great new feature that many will enjoy.

Last edited:

rodserling27

It was well implemented but here we are 12.5 hours later and no photo in our MDE account. Then again, we never got our Frozen, Pirates or Dinosaur photos from 3 weeks ago.
It took almost 24 hours for all of my photos from last week's trip to show up. I even talked to CM's about it at one of the Memory Maker stands. They said because it was so busy that week, it was really backed up. Hopefully yours will show up soon! If not, go to one of the MM desks, they can definitely help you!

draybook

Hers the one of the gals and Jace. Ours isn't showing yet.

Epcot82Guy

I don't mind it when it's well integrated. The problem I have is that it seems a bit forced - much like Frozen and Pirates. The thrills aren't big enough, and there isn't a focal point. So, the pictures are very lackluster for most guests. Eventually folks may have some fun with it when they know it's there (for better or worse). I just wish they could add a "carrot" of sort to attract the rider's attention with a surprise (ala Dinosaur).

My other question for folks who have gone - the lightning didn't usually go off for every doombuggy. Is it now flashing for every car that goes by?

Kman101

First of all, why is Mansion getting an On-Ride Photo before much-more thrilling/ reaction-provoking attractions that still lack it. For instance:
  1. Big Thunder Mountain
  2. Barnstormer
  3. Kali River Rapids
  4. Primeval Whirl
  5. Mission: Space (okay, not really, but that would be hilarious)
  6. The Actual Drop on Pirates
  7. Anything in the Water Parks
Secondly, they tested Photopass on Mansion before with disastrous results. That test is why the installation of on-ride photos on dark rides has been prolonged so much.

LOL. You're not wrong.

I think it was done now simply because it's the "13th attraction" to receive an on-ride photograph (or so I read). Who decides these things, in all honesty? lol

And I imagine anything with Big Thunder would come should they ever get to adding the explosion scene ... wouldn't want to spend the money now ... heaven forbid ...

LittleBuford

Is it confirmed that there is a flash? Or id the camera using night vision?
Here’s the answer:
It's the last changing portrait. I believe a medusa like portrait. It was made to look like a lightning flash and wasn't bright or out of place. It blended well with the ride.

I'll post our photo if it ever shows up. It's been about 3.5 hours and nothing yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom