News On-ride PhotoPass comes to the Haunted Mansion

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
On-ride photos were fun, originally, because they caught you in a moment of fear. What is the point of these? You might be enjoying the attraction but your face is certain to look anything but excited in a photo.

Which is precisely why I take this photo every time I ride Pirates. Yes that's me in the front row...

GeneralZod

On-ride photos were fun, originally, because they caught you in a moment of fear. What is the point of these? You might be enjoying the attraction but your face is certain to look anything but excited in a photo.
The same reason for that 100th souvenir, or the 100th pic you take of Spaceship Earth. It is a, moment in time, memorable keepsake. If people don't like it, cover your eyes as you walk by the preview and don't buy memory maker. Geez.

Castle Cake Apologist

The same reason for that 100th souvenir, or the 100th pic you take of Spaceship Earth. It is a, moment in time, memorable keepsake. If people don't like it, cover your eyes as you walk by the preview and don't buy memory maker. Geez.

I think the post was more to point out the terrible locations that Disney keeps choosing for these photo ops. There's never anything exciting happening in the section of the ride that they place them in, so the photos just come out with stoic faces 9 times out of 10. With this being located in the portrait gallery, it's likely to be more of the same. I don't know about you, but I have no desire to pay for boring photos of myself or my family.

TwilightZone

If you look up #hauntedmansion on Instagram you can see peoples pictures from today. They dont look bad. Not sure why everyone is having a cow about it.
Because knee-jerk declinism is rampant in these forums.
Here it is a little more justified because
  1. Flash photos do ruin dark rides, just ask my times on POTC
  2. A camera doesn't really belong in a dark ride

LittleBuford

Here it is a little more justified because
  1. Flash photos do ruin dark rides, just ask my times on POTC
  2. A camera doesn't really belong in a dark ride

But the griping has begun even before we know how the photo is taken. If there really is a blinding flash that detracts from the experience, fair enough, but shouldn’t we wait for a firsthand report before assuming the worst?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

View attachment 360967
I love Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. I think it's the best version of the ride. with that said, I DON'T CARE WHAT VERSION OF THE MANSION YOU LOVE OR RIDE, A ON RIDE PHOTO DOES NOT BELONG IN ANY VERSION OF THE MANSION IN ANY OF THE PARKS. It goes against the mood, the story, and even the ghost host's own warning about "flash pictures". This is not a roller coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom