News On-ride PhotoPass comes to the Haunted Mansion

Epcot82Guy

This makes it a fine addition then. But, to be fair to everyone - this will be the first non-intrusive photo they have added. Pretty much every other is simply an out of the blue set of flashes. So, while it was an assumption, it was a very good one for those who were concerned.

I'm still not sure about placement from a "good picture" point of view vs. enhancing it to draw better attention. But, that would make it more "unnecessary" or "not as good as it could have been" vs. a problematic addition.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I mean, I get it. It pays for itself in no time. But what I don't understand is the point. Why? Beyond the obvious need for Disney to pad out Memory Maker so as to make it appear a worthy deal; who really wants a blank-stare photo? or like that one on Pirates?

What's next? Swiss Family Tree House? Hall of Presidents?

aladdin2007

This makes it a fine addition then. But, to be fair to everyone - this will be the first non-intrusive photo they have added. Pretty much every other is simply an out of the blue set of flashes. So, while it was an assumption, it was a very good one for those who were concerned.

I'm still not sure about placement from a "good picture" point of view vs. enhancing it to draw better attention. But, that would make it more "unnecessary" or "not as good as it could have been" vs. a problematic addition.

agree well said. frozen is awful, spaceship earth is awful, etc....maybe Disney will work on making these and others less intrusive now. Probably not I know, but would be nice since they seem to have to force photos at everyone.

ToTBellHop

So no one in marketing thought it might be a good idea to add the Hatbox Ghost to our version with this for a more exciting “reveal” of the 13th ride with Photopass on 4/13? No? Just have him appear in your crappy photo? I swear...98% of people will be like, “who tf is that?”

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If the video is anything to go by (and if that is indeed the correct moment), you would never know it's a camera flash. It looks like a well-executed lightning effect to me.
Depending on where you're looking at the time... I'll reserve judgment on how long it will take to recover dark adaptation from that.

Castle Cake Apologist

Hers the one of the gals and Jace. Ours isn't showing yet.

View attachment 361359

This is definitely better than expected, but what is Hattie even doing up there? For one, he was never in our Manse, so he seems an odd choice for this in the first place... for two, they've photoshopped out his cane and hatbox, leaving him clutching... the air? At first I thought maybe he was meant to be grabbing the back of the Doombuggy ala DLP's Phantom, but it seems the photo fades that out too.

Because some people are into it, as this thread bears out. I would be into it too, except I’m too cheap to pay for PhotoPass.

Horses for courses and all that.

I guess a lot of us just want to know why people are into this, other than for the sake of having a picture of themselves on a Disney ride. The picture is not being taken in a particularly exciting section of the attraction. Most of the examples I've seen of this have been very in line with what I was expecting, blank faces showing little excitement. What is the appeal of paying for a photo of yourself barely enjoying a relatively lifeless scene of the attraction?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom