on ride moments??

Kev1417

Original Poster
getting ready to go on a trip in 2 months to the world. My wife and I were talking about all the great things we do, and we got on the topic of specific things we have to do ON the actually rides. For example she always has to toss in a coin and make a wish in the "white room" of Small World or we both say "ahhh" when we smell the scent of Rome burning. Anyone else have to do something everytime they ride a ride? Just curious.

WDWmazprty

I always make a differnt face when Im on Dinosaur, when the the pic is taken. Ive been on so many times, its not scary, so I make a different face everytime.

Also, I always sing and speak word for word the POTC when Im on, as well as Splash Mountain. :D

klineski96

Fun thread by the way! A few things that my wife and I do everytime we get on different rides.

Haunted Mansion - we try to guess which Hitchhiking Ghost will be sitting in between us.
Also, everytime we're in the attic, one of says to the other, "I wish it slowed down a little in here, there's too much to look at!"

Magic Carpets / Dumbo - we always keep the carpet/elephant at the very top from start to finish. The views are better from up there!

Spaceship Earth - ask each other why they faced the newspaper boy away from the ride vehicles, why is he facing the wall now? :shrug:

Maelstrom - we both turn around and look outside the building when the Viking ship gets close to the waterfall.

Grand Fiesta w/ Donald - we both agree that the best part of the ride is at the very beginning, next to the restaurant and pyramid.

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - we always try to beat each other, whoever sits on the left hits the 100K point targets the most, every single time! And me, being the gentleman that I am, usually let her board first :lol:

Dinosaur - I literally laugh and say to her "whoa!" and "uh oh!" the entire time, even though I've been on it enough to know when the turns are coming up. She thinks I'm weird! lol

Not really a ride but everytime we see the Boo To You Parade and Main Street Electrical Parade I'm literally grinning from ear to ear and humming along.... happens every single time!!

JafarMaleficent

every time my fiancee and i ride haunted mansion (which is usally at least once or twice every trip) we say please not the fat one at the hitchhiking ghosts.
on potc i sing along.
on btmr we laugh alot we love that one.
the first time i rode it was in dec. and i was like holy ________ its dark and i`ve done it ever since my fiancee just laughs at me lol.
and on iasw i have to look at everything.
my fiancee sings the tigger song and we bounce along lol

jac07024

When my three siblings and I were younger my Dad would pay us a dollar if we guessed certain things right throughout our trip. It would start out what color the rental car would be at the airport and then carry over into the park. For example, guessing which hitchhiking ghost we got on the Haunted Mansion, the name of the dwarf on the front of the bed on Snow White and the color of the car that would take us through Toad Hall. It's one of my best memories from my younger years at WDW. Another popular one was the color of the monorail we would get.

cassiedoodle

Good grief, I think we have a tradition for almost every ride! Here are some of my favorites:
My family and I also BEG not to get the fat ghost :ROFLOL: We cheer for the skinny ghost!
My mom always has to hear "come on everybody, here we go" on Peter Pan.
We still say "paging Mr. Morrow..." as we approach the CoP on TTA.
My husband and I ALWAYS thank the Phoenicians on SSE!
My dad and I still say "Little Red's okay" at the end of Kilimanjaro's Safari.

I love reading everyone's traditions!!

lilclerk

On Spaceship Earth, my boyfriend and I do the upper-body-robot during the disco computer room.
And I love playing with the buttons on Mission: Space and pretending I'm doing something important :lol:

harveyt0206

On Haunted Mansion, when we are riding through the graveyard scene, we always try to guess which "ghosts" are going to pop up in front of us and which ones aren't.

While in line for Kilamanjaro Safari, I always have to sing a line or two from Hakunamatata, much to the annoyment of my hubby.

On SSE we make up constellation names when cruising through the star field room at the top.

MK is always our first and last park. It is a tradition that we have yet to break.

Phonedave

And I love playing with the buttons on Mission: Space and pretending I'm doing something important :lol:

My kids and I do that to. We seem to be blessed with the non-motion-sickness gene. So we lean over and mess with each others console, making up stuff as we go along "I am disconnecting your air" click-click "well, there goes your flux capacitor" flip-flip-flip "I just deployed your adult undergarments"

-dave

Fuzz

My brother and I figured out if you sit as far forward on TOT as the seat belt allows you get a lot more hang time! Or at least it feels that way.

lilclerk

My kids and I do that to. We seem to be blessed with the non-motion-sickness gene. So we lean over and mess with each others console, making up stuff as we go along "I am disconnecting your air" click-click "well, there goes your flux capacitor" flip-flip-flip "I just deployed your adult undergarments"
Yup, that's what I do :lol: Well, not so much the undergarments one, I should try that next time :lookaroun
The first time I brought my nephew on it, he thought they really did something and that I'd break the ride.

Wdwfreak62

I always make a completely ridiculous face on spaceship earth when they take your picture and i laugh so much through the entire write your future segment.

Erin_Akey

POTC- we always sing - we love that one
Soarin'- we both try to kick the heads of the people in the canoes
HM- We always steal a smooch in the dark part
Monster Inc Laugh Floor- my husband gets picked at LEAST once a year to be "that guy"....we cannot figure out why???

stargrl33

I have to point out all the little details of rides to whoever I am sitting with...like hidden mickeys.

In the Haunted Mansion ballroom scene, I always point out the dueling portrait ghosts and the fact that the women dancers are leading instead of the men

Kev1417

Original Poster
my wife always has to throw a coin and make a wish infront of the can-can girls in the "white room" of small world.

biggiedisney123

#1 Soarin: My son and I always pretend like the golf ball hit us as you go over the golf course.
#2 Haunted Mansion My dw always asks if someone is really hanging up there(in the stretching room)...and I make a comment about her poor memory.
#3 BTMRR my wife and son, always ride together (its "their" ride)
#4 BSPR my son and I ride once solo as its "our" ride
#5 Magic Carpets/Dumbo/astro dw and ds ride solo as I will not ride any of those. I'll quote mos def on this one "I had a bad experience."
#6 Pole dance on an empty monorail....its counts as a "ride" in my book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom