On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Lilofan

I'm glad you're researching my posts from April....a lot of time on your hands? Anyway sitting in an empty hospital back in April I never thought we'd get a surge in the Summer when most viruses die out, but I was wrong we did. What I was right about was how well we handled it. Amazing job by everyone. We're back to an empty hospital. My first day back after vacation my shift was cancelled. They are calling off nurses daily which is how it should be in August in Arizona. We're down to one Covid floor that is only half full. Anywhere, but on these boards that would be a good thing.
It is called memory.

Miss Bella

In Vermont, any waterfront property that has come on the market recently gets bought sight-unseen. Non-waterfront properties have been going pretty quickly too. Per the realtor who sold me my house, its mostly people fleeing the NYC metropolitan area.
Supply is really low here. I can't remember the last time I saw a For sale sign. I have realtors calling me daily. We've had a lot of businesses move here this past decade and more plants being built. Our tourism revolves around golf, national parks, and spring training. I think we will rebound quickly.

Lilofan

In Vermont, any waterfront property that has come on the market recently gets bought sight-unseen. Non-waterfront properties have been going pretty quickly too. Per the realtor who sold me my house, its mostly people fleeing the NYC metropolitan area.
I am getting calls, emails , US mail to see if I want to sell our house. It's usually those joker fly by night companies willing to pay cash for your home. It's nowhere near the selling value though.

legwand77

Obviously you haven’t been reading some of the posters here saying capacity, fireworks and even mask mandates are going away very soon. Don’t listen to the actual reports and buzz in the industry, you need to start listening to the keyboard warriors here!😃

FYI Tokyo Disney is bringing back fireworks tomorrow. Disney will probably have fireworks by November if not sooner.

Miss Bella

I am getting calls, emails , US mail to see if I want to sell our house. It's usually those joker fly by night companies willing to pay cash for your home. It's nowhere near the selling value though.
I know bu how fast my neighbors s house sold. and what they sold it for.

celluloid

FYI Tokyo Disney is bringing back fireworks tomorrow. Disney will probably have fireworks by November if not sooner.

I do notIt want to bash your hope, but Tokyo is willing to front that bill via their owners.
I ha e a hard time believing that the probability is high at all for fireworks to be back stateside by then due to high cost and low ROI right now.

legwand77

There is a definite chicken and the egg issue, bunch of complaints on here that there are not fireworks or other amenities and they won't go, but at the same time same people say Disney won't do fireworks because it will cost to much. Since Disney is in business to make money with a theme park attraction they will spend the money to make it attractive. Fireworks are probably have been pretty cheap to buy over the past few months, plus they already had at least a week or longer stored up as they had to shutdown fairly quickly.

Last edited:

legwand77

Obviously you haven’t been reading some of the posters here saying capacity, fireworks and even mask mandates are going away very soon. Don’t listen to the actual reports and buzz in the industry, you need to start listening to the keyboard warriors here!😃

Might have to move my estimate up to sooner than November it looks like if this is the case

Last edited:

Lilofan

I have no idea who that is and I’m sure the majority of guests don’t either. It sounds like she lived a nice long life.
Original cast member from 1972 who taught hula lessons to guests at the Polynesian Resort from 1972 to 2020. She worked there until she passed this year. Regular guests at the Poly would know who she is and has probably met her on many occasions. She was a legend.

JoeCamel

Yeah since I have no idea who she is? I haven’t stayed at the Poly since 2011. I guess me and all the other millions of guests are supposed to know this somehow. I hope they had a nice celebration of life for her.
I would have thought someone who spends so much time on a dis board and in the bubble on land or sea would know who some of the legends were but for your edification:

The comments exemplify the sentiments of the community.

"
I have had the pleasure of meeting some legendary cast members (whether they are internet-famous or not), and there is a reason that Walt said “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” There are many cast members who consistently prove this true, but…then there are some like Auntie Kau’i who take it to the next level, who not only work to make the dream a reality, but become part of what defines the dream. I was so happy to see that cast members were able to hold their own remembrance of her on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon and, honestly, I’m glad members of senior management were there to pay their respects. It sounds like a fitting tribute to a special lady who did more than her fair share to make the Polynesian Resort, and Walt Disney World as a whole, the amazing resort that it is. We’ll miss you, Auntie.
Kenny on January 14, 2020 at 12:09 pm "

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You should try general exposure to the USA population and you will be closer to the mark but then there will always be non believers and ones in denial in every crowd.

Sophistry. You obviously didn't experience the drive down I4 in 2008/9 where most of the hotels were either closed or for sale between the turnpike and Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom