On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

GeekySparkles

The more widely-circulated Star Wars movie leaks actually turned out correct. The plot layouts for Both 7 and 9 were known long before the movies released. There were a few fake ones, but the legit ones had a lot of verification backing them up. There were a few minor changes with 9's leaks due to the reshoots, though this mostly only slightly affected the order of some scenes and a Kylo Ren scene near the end. The basic plot layout remained largely consistent with the leaks though. They did better at keeping Last Jedi's plot secret. That didn't accurately leak until shortly before release IIRC. There were plenty of fake ones, but there was no real consistency across them and everyone was pretty skeptical due to non-verified inconsistent sourcing.

The Star Wars Leaks subreddit is generally a good source for credible rumors about the franchise. Youtube is not, and everyone knows to avoid it unless they're just directly copying credible rumors off the leaks subreddit. There's a group of prominent youtube clickbaiters who constantly post nothing but easily proved wrong BS about the franchise. I've already mentioned people like ClownfishTV, Yellowflash, The Quartering etc earlier in this thread (though their content isn't exclusive to Star Wars). There are plenty of others as well.

The biggest Star Wars BSer out there is definitely Mike Zeroh. He's so full of crap that I could make a career as a credible insider simply by saying the opposite of whatever he does. Not a month has gone by over the past two years where he hasn't posted multiple videos claiming that Kathleen Kennedy has been fired. He makes 25-30 videos a week about fake Star Wars news. Much of it provably wrong from the start. His favorite piece of fake news for the past few months has been a Mace Windu show he pulled out of his rear but claims is in development. He makes a decent living off this scam. He has a continually growing subscriber count. Over 234,000 subs currently with many videos getting tens of thousands of views per day (a couple from the past week have even gotten 100,000-200,000 views).

The people posting rumors on this board at the very least aren't doing so for financial gain.
Really? Interesting.

Actually have a Disney blog too. Make sure we say things are RUMOR when they are. Not really seeing how this forum is any different. It's about news and rumors and the host site makes money on views and trips. So.......

We don't take media (although we actually did have access before), or sponsorship, travel agency stuff, co-op money, etc. from Disney. You will find most places can't say the same. So there is financial gain and certain rules and expectations when you do take that stuff. Speaking from experience. Worked in and around the entertainment industry/comics/Disney for years. Maybe we know a thing or two. You not liking it doesn't make it all untrue.

Last edited:

_caleb

From my perspective, a significant challenge to memory and nostalgia was attraction maintenance. The details that plussed many of these attractions were lost and not experienced by later guests.

With the Universe of Energy, for example, I can recall the original sensory experience upon entering the jungle. It was dark and cold. As the sun rose, it became warmer. You could feel the warmth of the day increase with the rising of the sun. There was a morning fog and swamp smell. You were in the jungle and could feel, hear, see, and smell it. To me, this is what makes an attraction immersive.
Was the temperature change real (as in, they purposefully adjusted it in different parts of the ride), or was that the sensation you got while riding?

nickys

Premium Member
The people posting rumors on this board at the very least aren't doing so for financial gain.

Our long standing insiders aren’t.

But some of the newer self-styled “insiders” are posting what they may have heard or even read on here, sprinkled with liberal amounts of opinion, and then use those posts as their “source” on their own YouTube channel.

It’s the next step up from simply using the genuine insider information as source material.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Our long standing insiders aren’t.

But some of the newer self-styled “insiders” are posting what they may have heard or even read on here, sprinkled with liberal amounts of opinion, and then use those posts as their “source” on their own YouTube channel.

It’s the next step up from simply using the genuine insider information as source material.
There’s so much kiddy bull flying around in an attempt to be right - even when they’re not - it would be funny if it wasn’t sad.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Real.

The attraction opened with ceramic heaters in the foliage. In its first 15 years the diorama was phenomenal

Wasn't there a mist effect on LwtL at one point, I believe before the American prairie scene? I remember getting chilled by it and then being warmed in the prairie scene.

GeekySparkles

As Pro left the house.... hmmmmm
He did? Oh that's a bummer.
No, I'm here often, I just don't sign in.
Been blogging on Disney for years now....always been around, just never registered. I often recommend this blog and forum to people as a good source of Disney information, both good and bad. Even when some slam on me all the time. Some of the ones doing so now were people I not only supported but recommended and promoted. Some I even got stories from (always giving credit because we don't believe in not crediting people unless they ask us not to) but they say I make stuff up...but sometimes they are the source so.......

Ldno

I've recently discovered Defunctland! That show is so well produced. Not sure how he does it. Amazing stuff.

Could have sworn they did haha, their content is gold!! I’m a sucker for Expedition theme park, offhand disney And park ride history
Been blogging on Disney for years now....always been around, just never registered. I often recommend this blog and forum to people as a good source of Disney information, both good and bad. Even when some slam on me all the time. Some of the ones doing so now were people I not only supported but recommended and promoted. Some I even got stories from (always giving credit because we don't believe in not crediting people unless they ask us not to) but they say I make stuff up...but sometimes they are the source so.......
🤔🤔 pirates and princesses as shown on clownfish tv right? Your voice is legendary! 🤣

nickys

Premium Member
You’re here often? You just joined! 😂😂😂

Or do you mean you‘ve been lurking? By the way there are other people here who have blogs, and have them listed in their profile. It isn’t against the rules and it isn’t a secret. So what’s your blog, might be interesting for people to know, and help drive viewers / readers there.

Last edited:

doctornick

I never thought I'd EVER say this... in fact I just threw up in my mouth a little bit... But can we bring Eisner back? It's better than the dumpster fire we have now...

How is it a “dumpster fire”?

I’m not happy with a lot of choices or priorities that the company has had under the Bobs (particularly with the parks) but it’s tough for me to see it characterized in such a way. It’s more that the parks are addressed in ways that parks purists don’t like than they are run “poorly”.

That’s my problems with a lot of these types of discussions on here. They often go from a reasonable and even enlightening discussion about concerns or complaints about the parks into a huge leap about how the company as a whole is somehow poorly run or on the verge of financial ruin (without any evidence).

Not trying to pick on your post in particular just that I see it often and don’t get it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom