On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Heppenheimer

Advertisement
Maybe a pizza or a hot roast pork sandwich, but I'll stick to Philly for the cheesesteak.
I include Philly and South Jersey in the same sphere for cheesesteaks. Its one of the few regions of the US where you can consistently get the right kind of bread. Start off with the wrong bread, and there's no saving the cheesesteak, no matter how many pictures of the Liberty Bell, Eagles, Phillies, Sixers or Flyers you hang up in your deli, or how "authentic" you claim it is.

And don't get me started on the use of "Philadelphia cream cheese"....

SpoiledBlueMilk

I include Philly and South Jersey in the same sphere for cheesesteaks. Its one of the few regions of the US where you can consistently get the right kind of bread. Start off with the wrong bread, and there's no saving the cheesesteak, no matter how many pictures of the Liberty Bell, Eagles, Phillies, Sixers or Flyers you hang up in your deli, or how "authentic" you claim it is.

And don't get me started on the use of "Philadelphia cream cheese"....

100%. The bread is the key ingredient. Outside of that area, you can't replicate it. Only thing in DC that comes close is Capriotti's and that's because they were founded in Delaware and are within the radius to get the bread right.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
I think the OP and the rumor guys have jumped ship to other boards, it’s all quiet here now, but you can look at at facebook groups of disney employees to read their layoffs stories if need be.

We still have plenty of very reliable insiders who are still giving us information. Only they don't do so coupled with conspiracy theories or trying to leverage their inside information to get us to hate Iger as much as they do <looks at thread title>. Nor do our reliable insiders look to preside over their own special insider threads promising more insider drops that never happen nor do they never get around to realistically address their insider predictions that did not come to pass.

We're good.

sbunit

We still have plenty of very reliable insiders who are still giving us information. Only they don't do so coupled with conspiracy theories or trying to leverage their inside information to get us to hate Iger as much as they do <looks at thread title>. Nor do our reliable insiders look to preside over their own special insider threads promising more insider drops that never happen nor do they never get around to realistically address their insider predictions that did not come to pass.

We're good.
Serious question. What’s the point of insiders sharing information on the forums? What’s their benefit in doing so?

sbunit

I think you will have as many agendas as there are posters

Fair enough. I've personally came to my own conclusion that there are two type of insiders:

1) Those who have legitimate connections and information and use their information to help clarify things to readers and perhaps set appropriate expectations.
2) Those who have some degree of legitimate information and use their information to create these huge (quite interesting ) stories. It's this group of insiders who I am wondering what their gain is to share their information in this story building manner. Don't get me wrong, the stories and posts are definitely interesting and entertaining but I've always wondered, outside of gossip, what's the gain (especially when they take any and all criticism towards their posts to heart).

jkh36619

A coworker of mine who was born and raised in Trenton NJ will go on a tirade when someone mentions Philly cheese steak. Something about cheese whiz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom