On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Jrb1979

You missed the part about “limits”.

The human body is prone to side effects from unnatural GeForces.

I once did 116 inversions at a park and loved it.

More than 6 don’t feel good now. Father Time is undefeated 😉

This is the next coaster in the US right now. It will be similar to what Iron Gwazi is going to be like. This pushes the limits.

pheneix

Original Poster
How are they more susceptible to volatilities? Honest question, I don't see how it follows.

They drove off a squillion modest income middle class guests while hosing down their new core audience of lifer guests who visit several times per year (high revenue out of town demographics as Chapek puts it).

Said new audience is now dramatically “down scaled” as the business people say it. High credit lines don’t = incomes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This is the next coaster in the US right now. It will be similar to what Iron Gwazi is going to be like. This pushes the limits.

The mean streak was AWFUL. Just a horrific back wrench that tried to overdue it.

Not that it’s unique. El toro is so jerky you just want it to end. And people love it.

The original gwazi was an up off your seat air time bat out of hell...with the dueling aspects just perfect. I know it suffered a bad fate...but I can’t put the basis ride anywhere near Mean Streak.

peter11435

Because they blow budgets to oblivion. The truth is somewhere in the middle.
Oh you’re not wrong. Disney budgets are massively out of control. But the point stands that if Disney wanted one of these “great regional coasters” they could cheaply and easily have one. They could drop $25 million like its nothing. Heck, they’ll spend 10 times that amount on a D-Ticket.

pheneix

Original Poster
Oh you’re not wrong. Disney budgets are massively out of control. But the point stands that if Disney wanted one of these “great regional coasters” they could cheaply and easily have one. They could drop $25 million like its nothing. Heck, they’ll spend 10 times that amount on a D-Ticket.

WDW’s closest attempt at a regional park kind of ride is the Slinky Dog Coaster. One of the most popular rides in the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In my RCT versions of Dak...there was a B&M invert that anchored the Australian expansion called the Sundowner...
It was a canyon cutter based on Nemesis at Alton Towers

...I like to think that’s actually real and they haven’t gotten around to it yet.

My point is they could do a theme incorporated big kid coaster like that similar to the thrill level of Everest or RNRC.

Just no imagination for it.

Jrb1979

The mean streak was AWFUL. Just a horrific back wrench that tried to overdue it.

Not that it’s unique. El toro is so jerky you just want it to end. And people love it.

The original gwazi was an up off your seat air time bat out of hell...with the dueling aspects just perfect. I know it suffered a bad fate...but I can’t put the basis ride anywhere near Mean Streak.
The new Mean Streak throws you out of your seat the whole ride. That's the kind of intense coaster I like.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
WDW’s closest attempt at a regional park kind of ride is the Slinky Dog Coaster. One of the most popular rides in the park.
Slinky is a junior/family...it’s a throw away ride in a regional.

Fine for Disney...but one minute and really not much than a nice diversion.

Toy story land IS Chester and Hester 2.0...we all realize that, right?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They drove off a squillion modest income middle class guests while hosing down their new core audience of lifer guests who visit several times per year (high revenue out of town demographics as Chapek puts it).

Said new audience is now dramatically “down scaled” as the business people say it. High credit lines don’t = incomes.
Count me as your liege...along with Lazy...on this one.

This is absolutely the “cause” that Iger hasn’t suffered the “effect” of...until now. There’s a history there that would give dusters the big grumpy face.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Id love to see a coaster in DinoLand that goes out over the lake and through the forest around it, but that will never happen. PLus universal has the best Dino IP and that new coaster theyre building looks sick
That coaster has been thoroughly bashed by the praetorians on some threads here already...

...which means it will likely be awesome.

That would make hagrids and JW better from a ride aspect than anything they can muster with guardians and tron. And open well ahead

Jrb1979

Count me as your liege...along with Lazy...on this one.

This is absolutely the “cause” that Iger hasn’t suffered the “effect” of...until now. There’s a history there that would give dusters the big grumpy face.
Its what you get when you go away from what worked and started chasing after the Wine Mom group that will pay anything for her kids to enjoy something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom