OMFG: 2 Stitch Billboards REMOVED!!!!!!

stitch82

barnebd5 said:
I think they really need to know when to stop with Stitch, they over promote him way too much. He's not even a good character to promote...I don't understand why he's so popular. I don't wanna be at WDW and see his face everywhere I go, he's not the only character, YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

obviously i'm a bit partial to stitch...but i'll tell you why i think he's so popular. children, especially ages 4-8, really identify with stitch. most kids really love him. there's a recognition that he is on their level. i can't tell you the number of kids that i have seen build a town made of blocks, then growl and shout "san francisco" as they knock it down.

as for myself, i think he is a unique & imaginative character that represents a disney animated film with a great creative story, something that i wish i saw more of.

and as i haven't seen sge yet, i can't pass judgement. it is a bit disheartening to hear that it is disappointing to the majority of guests. when i think of all of the creative attractions that could have come from lilo & stitch...sadness.

barnebd5

stitch82 said:
obviously i'm a bit partial to stitch...but i'll tell you why i think he's so popular. children, especially ages 4-8, really identify with stitch. most kids really love him. there's a recognition that he is on their level. i can't tell you the number of kids that i have seen build a town made of blocks, then growl and shout "san francisco" as they knock it down.

as for myself, i think he is a unique & imaginative character that represents a disney animated film with a great creative story, something that i wish i saw more of.

and as i haven't seen sge yet, i can't pass judgement. it is a bit disheartening to hear that it is disappointing to the majority of guests. when i think of all of the creative attractions that could have come from lilo & stitch...sadness.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone who is a fan of Stitch, I'm sure you have your reasons to really like him, I'm not doughting that he's a likable character but let's face it, HE AINT NO MICKEY MOUSE :lol:

Iakona

barnebd5 said:
I think they really need to know when to stop with Stitch, they over promote him way too much. He's not even a good character to promote...I don't understand why he's so popular. I don't wanna be at WDW and see his face everywhere I go, he's not the only character, YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Personally, I like Stitch and my 7 year old loves Stitch.
Keep in mind that they only "over" promote him to those that are able to go to WDW every year or even multiple times per year.
The average guest that gets to go sporadically or even only once in a lifetime would NEVER notice a billboard change.

While I like the Stitch character, I was disappointed in the ride and I hope they are going to fix it. Also, no one has compared Stitch to Mickey Mouse. When Everest opens I am sure they will plaster the parks with Everest promos.

diddy_mouse

*minor thread drift* :rolleyes:

one thing i'm curious about is the monorail speil...does Stitch play a role in it or has that begun to fade away? i have a feeling it will change again to feature the new attractions and such.

Wilt Dasney

Am I the only one who finds the acronym in this thead's title a tad...questionable?

(No, I'm not one of "those" people and lord knows I do my share of cursing on here, but to have a phrase that even I would consider pretty profane referenced in a thread title...well, I wouldn't want to be the one to explain what it means to Junior. Holy cow, I AM one of "those" people.)

No offense to the OP. I know you're a valued member 'round these parts. Just my 2 coppers.

General Grizz

NTI2002 said:
now if they could just get rid of all thigns stitch, it would be a perfect place
I'll be happy when the monorail/resort bus images are replaced and the ride is "perfected." No need to see Stitch's patookie when walking around Future World. :p

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wilt Dasney said:
Am I the only one who finds the acronym in this thead's title a tad...questionable?

(No, I'm not one of "those" people and lord knows I do my share of cursing on here, but to have a phrase that even I would consider pretty profane referenced in a thread title...well, I wouldn't want to be the one to explain what it means to Junior. Holy cow, I AM one of "those" people.)

No offense to the OP. I know you're a valued member 'round these parts. Just my 2 coppers.
Just trying to figure it out myself .

:lookaroun

Is there a thread here that tells you what any letter can be in Disneyspeak? so that we can know the meaning of any acronym

Shaman

Wilt Dasney said:

I was thinking the same....:lol: :lol: :lol:

(same conclusion and all...I guess I'm turning into "one of those people" as well)

*cringes*

:lol: :wave:

Stitch is an okay character...the billboards were somewhat clever...but heck enough was enough...On a similar note (and to echo another poster...lol) Soarin' billboards popped up down here a couple of weeks ago...so that was a definite upgrade....

Fran98765

MysteryJames said:
Stitch is gone from the monorail spiel.

The monorail was updated for the Happiest Celebration on Earth.

Actually, Stitch is not gone from the monorail spiel. On riding the resort monorail last week, as we entered the MK area, Stitch still tried to take over and welcomed us to Stitch Kingdom. This was after the HCOE had begun. It must be random or something since it wasn't on all rides to the MK.

General Grizz

Fran98765 said:
Actually, Stitch is not gone from the monorail spiel. On riding the resort monorail last week, as we entered the MK area, Stitch still tried to take over and welcomed us to Stitch Kingdom. This was after the HCOE had begun. It must be random or something since it wasn't on all rides to the MK.
Perhaps MysteryJames rode it more recently?

ECurto

Wilt Dasney said:

Yes im not sure what was meant. But if you meant "Oh My F-In God" then I do take offence to that, and think the mods should remove it. No need to insult people who are religious.

RnRJoe6114

diddy_mouse said:
*minor thread drift* :rolleyes:

one thing i'm curious about is the monorail speil...does Stitch play a role in it or has that begun to fade away? i have a feeling it will change again to feature the new attractions and such.

He's no longer on the monorail but now he stalks you in the bathrooms of Tommorowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom