OMFG: 2 Stitch Billboards REMOVED!!!!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
General Grizz said:
I would give you a warm welcome to the boards if you had a tad bit more respect in your post.

Back to Stitch, I've heard he's pretty much off the busses. No more patookie? ;)

You're right, I dont recall seeing him at all in the last few days. I didn't look at the monorails though.

chris15358

When you spend millions of dollars creating an attraction you promote it to those in the area and to those outside the area...It's all a matter of marketing...Those Stitch haters out there need to deal with the fact that Stitch is here to stay for quite a few years...I loved Alien Encounter just as much as everyone else...Hell...I worked on the ride for a year...But you have to understand that things change, times change, deal with it. And when a billboard is up for a 3 month period as it is scheduled to be up...that's not the end of the world...just deal.

dxwwf3

chris15358 said:
When you spend millions of dollars creating an attraction you promote it to those in the area and to those outside the area...It's all a matter of marketing...Those Stitch haters out there need to deal with the fact that Stitch is here to stay for quite a few years...I loved Alien Encounter just as much as everyone else...Hell...I worked on the ride for a year...But you have to understand that things change, times change, deal with it. And when a billboard is up for a 3 month period as it is scheduled to be up...that's not the end of the world...just deal.

This has nothing to do with Alien Encounter at all. Actually most of the people that complain about the excessive Stitch marketing have no strong feelings either way about AE. The thing here is, marketing should never be so abundant to where most people get sick and tired of it. It's the same thing as hearing a song too many times on the radio and suddenly hating it. Most guests that have complained that it seems that SGE has gotten more pub than any WDW attraction in recent memory......and the fact is, it's not the most popular attraction in the park (And I'm being nice). There would be the same type of backlash if a character from AE would have been used the same way in 1995, or even if Br'er Rabbit has been like this when Splash Mountain opened in 92. The whole Monorail spiel complete with "Stitch Kingdom" put most people over the edge.

I think the purpose of this thread was to celebrate the fact that the big SGE push might be coming to an end and now you might be able to spend 5 minutes in a WDW park and not hear or see Stitch. And that will make the character and the attraction more popular with people around here.

mickey04

General Grizz said:
I would give you a warm welcome to the boards if you had a tad bit more respect in your post.

Back to Stitch, I've heard he's pretty much off the busses. No more patookie? ;)

I just got back, and unfortunately Stitch is still on the busses (patookie and all), though there are far fewer decals than a few months ago.

Also, Stitch is still on the monorail narration welcoming you to "Stitch Kingdom." :rolleyes:

General Grizz

chris15358 said:
I think it ultimately has to do with a failing attraction being mass-advertised. Guests may feel as though its the next best thing, and, after experiencing the show, their reactions may ultimately hurt Disney.

dismedic

WEll I can honestly say I have seen Stitch and YUCK!! You can keep it , Thank god they have removed the stitch spiel on the TTC monorail but not the resort line still the Stitch Kingdom thing again YUCK got sick of that speil really fast. SGE is nothing like it was hyped up kinda disgusted after seeing it went thru twice just to make sure I didnt miss something that would make me like it, Still its a poor ride but others on here like it. For me and the mrs you can keep it. Stitch still rides the buses and the monorails thats not too bad though I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom