OMFG: 2 Stitch Billboards REMOVED!!!!!!

KevinPage

Original Poster
On the westbound Bee Line Expressway in Orlando (which will be renamed BEACH Line according to local news) there WAS 3 billboards in a row promoting Stitch's Great Escape.

The first 2 were "mock" ads with Stitch interrupting a hair styling product, he was pulling the hair of a lady with a brush & the other a chef with marinia sauce all over the place. It took me months trying to figure out the purpose of them, then I realized it was supposed to be clever like's the "crashing the party". :rolleyes:

The final billboard, which is still in place, actually says SGE.

But they removed the first 2 lousey ones and replaced them with the Philharmagic Donald & LMAX.

HALLELUJAH :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

napnet

Boo to the "Beach" line!

Either way i guess they realized no advertizing is going to make the attraction any better

tirian

New Sound Effect for SGE:

The sound of coconut shells clicking together as Stitch terrorizes the horses on Main Street, USA.

Dayma

I dont mind them promoting Stich as it was the last semi-successful animation movie to come from WDW. People on these boards want Disney to continue with animation but when they try to promote it they get mad. I dont understand it.

disneysailor

KevinPage said:
On the westbound Bee Line Expressway in Orlando (which will be renamed BEACH Line according to local news) there WAS 3 billboards in a row promoting Stitch's Great Escape.

The first 2 were "mock" ads with Stitch interrupting a hair styling product, he was pulling the hair of a lady with a brush & the other a chef with marinia sauce all over the place. It took me months trying to figure out the purpose of them, then I realized it was supposed to be clever like's the "crashing the party". :rolleyes:

But they removed the first 2 lousey ones and replaced them with the Philharmagic Donald & LMAX.

Sounds like quite a funny and clever poster campaign to me. I also loved the movie trailers which featured Stitch gatecrashing other Disney movies.

Why does everyone criticise Disney for maximising the potential of a popular character? Lilo and Stitch is a great film, and Disney is entitled to make the most of this character's appeal. I bet people wouldn't be complaining if Stitch was a commercial failure and only had a niche following of dedicated fans. Just because something has mass appeal doesn't necessarily mean that it's no good.

I also like the name "Beach Line Expressway", sounds more appealing and exotic, like the track in the video game "Outrun". "Bee Line Expressway" makes me think of having to scrape loads of dead bugs off the windshield! :lol:

barnebd5

KevinPage said:

I think they really need to know when to stop with Stitch, they over promote him way too much. He's not even a good character to promote...I don't understand why he's so popular. I don't wanna be at WDW and see his face everywhere I go, he's not the only character, YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

General Grizz

I don't mind the fact that a character is mass-advertised... it's the fact that a ride that has gotten thousands of horrible reviews and complaints is being treated like the breakthrough theme park ride. :p

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Good news to hear! :D

The SGE billboard I had to drive by every day on my way to school was replaced with a Soarin' billboard just a few days back as well. :sohappy:

KaliSplash

Actually, during lovebug season, you can have to scrape bugs off your windshield when you travel the bee line. or almost any other road in Florida!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom