Olukai Flip Flops...anyone?

sweetpee_1993

We've got our September trip coming up and I'm eyeballin' the footwear options for the family. It's gonna be hot as all heck, I know. Not our norm. I'm a big Havaianas fan myself. My brother (who is at WDW as we speak) bought a pair of Olukai flip flops prior to his trip. We've talked to him a few times since he's been in the parks and he's ready to buy stock in Olukai. He says those are the most comfortable flip flops he's ever had. His feet haven't bothered him once in the 5 or so days he's been walking the parks. He hasn't worn any other footwear other than his new Olukai's. That's great news particularly for my DH because he just spent 3 weeks in a walking-boot while he heals from a high ankle sprain on the left PLUS he's been struggling with swelling in both feet due to tendonitis for the last 6 weeks or so. He's getting better and just graduated to a smaller ankle brace. Footwear is more important now than ever. He's really wanting to avoid wheelchairs/ECVs in September. Honestly, I think he'd cancel the trip before he was stuck in one of those. :lookaroun

Soooooo, have any of you had any experience with Olukai flip flops? How are they? Gimme your complete rundown. I'd like to be more certain before I plunk down that kind of money for a single pair of flip flops. :D

Thanks muchly! :wave:

mickeysshoes

I wonder how they compare to the Crocs flip flops. I have feet problems and I only wear crocs. My foot doctor said he really did not want me wearing any flip flops at all. Crocs are what I live in year round.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Just bought two pair last night at Nordstroms. I tried the Ohana's but they didn't fit my feet right. So I ended up with another model, which if I recall correctly are called Hiapo. They all look very similar. I let you all know how things end up. These definitely need some breaking in. The Ohana felt pretty good without a break-in, but they didn't fit the uppers/instep for me. If you are easy to fit, the Ohana seems to be the ticket.

I wonder how they compare to the Crocs flip flops. I have feet problems and I only wear crocs. My foot doctor said he really did not want me wearing any flip flops at all. Crocs are what I live in year round.
I wouldn't know, nor will I ever find out. My wife told me she wouldn't even stand next to me if I wore Crocs!:shrug: Now is that nice? Apparently crocs aren't that flattering on men.:lol:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Just bought two pair last night at Nordstroms. I tried the Ohana's but they didn't fit my feet right. So I ended up with another model, which if I recall correctly are called Hiapo. They all look very similar. I let you all know how things end up. These definitely need some breaking in. The Ohana felt pretty good without a break-in, but they didn't fit the uppers/instep for me. If you are easy to fit, the Ohana seems to be the ticket.

I wouldn't know, nor will I ever find out. My wife told me she wouldn't even stand next to me if I wore Crocs!:shrug: Now is that nice? Apparently crocs aren't that flattering on men.:lol:

:lol: NO thats not nice....My DH wears them also!!! We all will get a new pair (me a couple) before we leave in 72 days!!!!!

Upvote 0

Ariel484

I just got a pair of Rider sandals at a race expo a few weeks back and I'm hoping to wear them at Disney next week (!). I've been breaking them in on dog walks and they are really supportive and comfortable. I also like Crocs...not ashamed to admit it! :wave:

Upvote 0
I bought a pair of the leather slides from The Walking Company. They may be the most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever owned and am extremely excited to have them this summer and potentially when I go to WDW in July.

Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

another shoe to try.....

Another company to try is Crocs. They have so many different styles now , especially online, from slip-ons to flip-flops. It's the only shoes we take with us to WDW. This year I'm making sure we all have 2 pairs each. (Mainly for matching, lol!) After a whole day of walking in them I have no feet, ankle, back or knee aches. My DH needs special arch support shoes and same thing, no problems when he wears them. :)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Another company to try is Crocs. They have so many different styles now , especially online, from slip-ons to flip-flops. It's the only shoes we take with us to WDW. This year I'm making sure we all have 2 pairs each. (Mainly for matching, lol!) After a whole day of walking in them I have no feet, ankle, back or knee aches. My DH needs special arch support shoes and same thing, no problems when he wears them. :)

My brother had Crocs and those were his go-to for WDW for 3 trips. He says the Olukai's are waaaaay more comfortable for him. I stopped by a surf shop in Pensacola last week to see them. My 15 yro said they were heavenly. I'm going to check with the DH when we get home to see which he likes and maybe order some from Shoe Buy. I can return them if he doesn't like them. The sizes seem a bit weird. My son normally wears a mens 10. In the Olukai's he needed a 12.

Upvote 0

Baz Brunz

Aetrex Z589 Logo Running shoe is a men’s shoe that is designed for those who take part in running. The plantar fasciitis shoes are available in a variety of half sizes ranging from 7 to 13 and 14. This means that in case your feet size falls in between any of the listed above, the shoes can be an ideal choice for you. The shoes are deigned with a wide range of features that are aimed at offering pressure relief and comfort in order to avoid minor accidents while running.

Upvote 0

FloridaGuy

HI there, Olukai's are great! They have a moderate level of support so if you have plantar fasciitis or any type of arch or heel pain, they are good.

Sanuk's are nice but the Yoga mat material flattens over time.. Not a big deal since they are cheap.

Then there is Orthaheel Sandals -- they have orthotic arch support, and nice heel cup and give you comfort for all day.. Check this out: http://www.orthoticshop.com/blog/olukai-sandals-vs-orthaheel/ for more info

Upvote 0

Tinkerkell

I highly recommend Fit Flops. I have PF and they are by far the best shoe for my feet. My dd has arch issues and her sports med doctor approved of their support. They are pricey, but worth every penny.

Upvote 0

dolce20

Orthaheel flip flops although $$$ are the ultimate flip flops for anyone - designed by a podiatrist and by Dr. Weil, they have built in orthotics keeping your foot and ankles and knees in alignment. I'm in physical therapy for tendinitis in my feet, arthritis and flat arches and she also suggested Orthaheel. Go to www.qvc.com and if you're a half size, size down. (8-1/2 buy an 8).

Upvote 0

Sejuty Jenny

Olukai enhance special design and features on flip flops sandals. Olukai is the world’s most popular handy craft shoes manufacturing company, their flip flops are famous for nice artistic design and orthotic facilities. Surprisingly they are producing exclusive flip flops for consumers. The wonderful leather coated upper side and solid bottom level can run away with your attention.
:):D:eek:

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

We've got our September trip coming up and I'm eyeballin' the footwear options for the family. It's gonna be hot as all heck, I know. Not our norm. I'm a big Havaianas fan myself. My brother (who is at WDW as we speak) bought a pair of Olukai flip flops prior to his trip. We've talked to him a few times since he's been in the parks and he's ready to buy stock in Olukai. He says those are the most comfortable flip flops he's ever had. His feet haven't bothered him once in the 5 or so days he's been walking the parks. He hasn't worn any other footwear other than his new Olukai's. That's great news particularly for my DH because he just spent 3 weeks in a walking-boot while he heals from a high ankle sprain on the left PLUS he's been struggling with swelling in both feet due to tendonitis for the last 6 weeks or so. He's getting better and just graduated to a smaller ankle brace. Footwear is more important now than ever. He's really wanting to avoid wheelchairs/ECVs in September. Honestly, I think he'd cancel the trip before he was stuck in one of those. :lookaroun

Soooooo, have any of you had any experience with Olukai flip flops? How are they? Gimme your complete rundown. I'd like to be more certain before I plunk down that kind of money for a single pair of flip flops. :D

Thanks muchly! :wave:

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I bought some before my last trip wore them to AK for four hours my feet were so blistered it was not funny, had to go to the gift shop and buy some more extremly ugly crocs, which tried and true did not hurt my feet at all. Crocs are so ugly but they seem to be what works.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom