Olukai Flip Flops...anyone?

sweetpee_1993

We've got our September trip coming up and I'm eyeballin' the footwear options for the family. It's gonna be hot as all heck, I know. Not our norm. I'm a big Havaianas fan myself. My brother (who is at WDW as we speak) bought a pair of Olukai flip flops prior to his trip. We've talked to him a few times since he's been in the parks and he's ready to buy stock in Olukai. He says those are the most comfortable flip flops he's ever had. His feet haven't bothered him once in the 5 or so days he's been walking the parks. He hasn't worn any other footwear other than his new Olukai's. That's great news particularly for my DH because he just spent 3 weeks in a walking-boot while he heals from a high ankle sprain on the left PLUS he's been struggling with swelling in both feet due to tendonitis for the last 6 weeks or so. He's getting better and just graduated to a smaller ankle brace. Footwear is more important now than ever. He's really wanting to avoid wheelchairs/ECVs in September. Honestly, I think he'd cancel the trip before he was stuck in one of those. :lookaroun

Soooooo, have any of you had any experience with Olukai flip flops? How are they? Gimme your complete rundown. I'd like to be more certain before I plunk down that kind of money for a single pair of flip flops. :D

Thanks muchly! :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I bought some before my last trip wore them to AK for four hours my feet were so blistered it was not funny, had to go to the gift shop and buy some more extremly ugly crocs, which tried and true did not hurt my feet at all. Crocs are so ugly but they seem to be what works.
Sorry to hear that! My brother still wears his Olukai's faithfully almost year round. He's also bought some other Olukai shoes. My husband still wears his pair we bought 2 years ago comfortably. My oldest son recently outgrew his first pair so I had to order much larger ones. The sizes tend to run kinda small. My youngest son accidentally left his when we went camping a year ago so I won't be spending the big bucks for his flops until I'm sure he's not going to lose them. I've never bought Olukai's for myself because I have big feet for a girl and can't find the larger sizes in stores. I won't buy what I can't try on. Not for me. I still swear by Havaiana flops for me. They're not that expensive, go with anything, and are extremely comfortable. ;)

Anything I buy to wear for long walks like the Disney parks I would seriously break in before going. I made the mistake of wearing newer footwear in the parks once. Never again. :)

Upvote 0

GSP Guy

Sorry to hear that! My brother still wears his Olukai's faithfully almost year round. He's also bought some other Olukai shoes. My husband still wears his pair we bought 2 years ago comfortably. My oldest son recently outgrew his first pair so I had to order much larger ones. The sizes tend to run kinda small. My youngest son accidentally left his when we went camping a year ago so I won't be spending the big bucks for his flops until I'm sure he's not going to lose them. I've never bought Olukai's for myself because I have big feet for a girl and can't find the larger sizes in stores. I won't buy what I can't try on. Not for me. I still swear by Havaiana flops for me. They're not that expensive, go with anything, and are extremely comfortable. ;)

Anything I buy to wear for long walks like the Disney parks I would seriously break in before going. I made the mistake of wearing newer footwear in the parks once. Never again. :)
Just saw this thread and had to laugh a little! 5 pairs in my closet! I freaking love my Olukais!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom