Okay, I'm going! :)

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyFreak

I have to say this mightyduck, I admire what you do.

Thanks, DisneyFreak. :)

And Marky, I have thought about moving to Florida except that a) they started school this week, and school in August is against my religion ;) and b) my parents are here. They plan to move to the gulf coast near Marco Island or some such thing in four years, and they have asked me to relocate with them then... ;) I'd never go to class if I knew Mickey was waiting! ;)

WDW-Imagineer

Well, with all the money they make.......:(

The teachers in the suburbs of NYC make plenty. There is a teacher in my school, altough he's been there 20 some years, who makes $100,000 + a year... ehh 10 months. I'm about 30 north west of NYC and to teach here is a teacher's dream.

BTW - Duck, where do you teach?

markymark

Originally posted by mightyduck

Thanks, DisneyFreak. :)

And Marky, I have thought about moving to Florida except that a) they started school this week, and school in August is against my religion ;) and b) my parents are here. They plan to move to the gulf coast near Marco Island or some such thing in four years, and they have asked me to relocate with them then... ;) I'd never go to class if I knew Mickey was waiting! ;)

Yeah I guess the draw of Mickey would just be too great! Oh well nice thought anyhoo!

MrPromey

Thanks, DisneyFreak. :) No, we don't make a lot of money, but we get to spend our time with young people, and for those of us who love that, it's worth not ever being rich materially... :)

Keep in mind that she usually refers to these yong people as "monsters"... ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

The teachers in the suburbs of NYC make plenty. There is a teacher in my school, altough he's been there 20 some years, who makes $100,000 + a year... ehh 10 months. I'm about 30 north west of NYC and to teach here is a teacher's dream.

BTW - Duck, where do you teach?

Tell me more! I have several friends who could stand the winter for that kind of money...BTW, how much does a house cost in the NYC suburbs? That could be a major factor...I know we wouldn't be able to afford an equivalent house there as here without a huge salary increase.

mightyduck

Original Poster
Marcia, I couldn't afford to live in Westchester County (although I know some lovely New York Rangers who do).

WDWI- I live at the Jersey shore and I was teaching in Monmouth county (current home of Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi). I didn't make enough to live there, either...

And MrPromey, it's not like I don't call them monsters when I address them directly! ;) they love it. :)

and I love them...:)

Tink

...I was teaching in Monmouth county (current home of Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi). I didn't make enough to live there, either...

I have friends that are teachers in Monmouth County and live in Long Branch. What a small world!:)

MrPromey

Marcia, I couldn't afford to live in Westchester County (although I know some lovely New York Rangers who do).

WDWI- I live at the Jersey shore and I was teaching in Monmouth county (current home of Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi). I didn't make enough to live there, either...

And MrPromey, it's not like I don't call them monsters when I address them directly! ;) they love it. :)

and I love them...:)

:( That's because you have obviously brainwashed them to the point of not knowing any better. Truly a sad, sad sign of our times, yes?:(
;)

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by MrPromey

:( That's because you have obviously brainwashed them to the point of not knowing any better. Truly a sad, sad sign of our times, yes?:(
;)

Probably. ;)

One sent me a birthday email from her cell phone last night and a couple others sent me egreeting today... :) I love them. :)

Tink-

I have spent more nights in Long Branch bars than I can recall (a real disturbing thing when you consider I don't drink)... :) I live in Ocean County, just south of there along the shore...

Tink

We used to bar hop in Long Branch all of the time. Somehow we always ended up with the bright idea of either sleeping on the beach or staying up all night and watching the sunrise over the water. Either way, I always ended up with sand everywhere and I do mean everywhere.;)

We used to go to Sandy Hook's beach (not the nude one) and call our friends in Manhattan that were working at the World Trade Center and tell them we could see them from the beach. Again, this usually was after a couple of bar hops in the area...

Oh, yeah, two of my friends just graduated this past spring from Monmouth College and Jon Bon Jovi spoke at their graduation. Pretty impressive, huh?

Just felt like sharing...

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tink
We used to bar hop in Long Branch all of the time. Somehow we always ended up with the bright idea of either sleeping on the beach or staying up all night and watching the sunrise over the water. Either way, I always ended up with sand everywhere and I do mean everywhere.;)

We used to go to Sandy Hook's beach (not the nude one) and call our friends in Manhattan that were working at the World Trade Center and tell them we could see them from the beach. Again, this usually was after a couple of bar hops in the area...

Oh, yeah, two of my friends just graduated this past spring from Monmouth College and Jon Bon Jovi spoke at their graduation. Pretty impressive, huh?

Just felt like sharing...

I write for the Monmouth/Ocean county daily paper, and we gave Jon's speech a lot of coverage. :) I met him backstage at another show a few years ago, and he was really friendly. My aunt graduated high school with him in South Amboy... (it's a small state--probably only 2 degrees of separation).

My friend went to Sandy Hook a few weeks ago and camped on the border of the nude beach. I prefer Island Beach State Park. And last night I covered a lifeguard tourney on LBI...always fun!

mightyduck

Original Poster
I know someone in Phillipsburg. I know thats on the complete other side of the state but I wanted to contribute. :)

I rode through Phillipsburg on my Harley trip two weeks ago... :) You can play with us anytime, DisneyFreak. :) Join in! :)

Tink

I live right across the river from P-burg in Easton, PA. That is weird, you guys! DisneyFreak, I also know some people in Phillipsburg! Mighty, you probably drove through P-burg on 22 or 78, right? That's like minutes from my house.

I don't know why this kind of thing always floor me but I said it before, about 2 posts ago, and I'll say it again, IT IS a small world after all!!!:rolleyes:

DisneyFreak

I've only been there once and don't remember too much of it. Just a lot of rolling hills.

BTW Tink, we almost share a birthday. Mine is 5/8 but you have a couple years on me. Just a couple though. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom