OH NO!!! Get out of the way....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have become frustrated that it is harder o get snack offerings that are more than the fab four, burger, hot dawg, dinged pizza or chicken nuggets. Epcot is the only place that has any form a variety.

Ive got to the tage where we even plan counter service locations so we get at least some variety over the two week trip.

H20Babie

A crepe from Crepes des Chefs de France ... chocolate! :slurp:

1026_crepe.jpg

DiPSU224

I don't think anyone mentioned churro's but they are always a must!

Some of my other faves:
  • Anything from the pastry shop in France
  • A choc. chip cookie from Main Street Bakery
  • Some fudge or gourmet apple from goofy's candy co in frontierland
  • Assorted italian candies from Italy. They remind me of being a child at my Nonna's house. My favorite has to be Baci. You must try them!

The Red Head

If you are there on the 7th through the 12th you will make the end of the Food and Wine Fest (it ends on the 9th). We go ever year for my birthday and on this years trip I was 9 months pregnant. My favorite food stands are...

San Francisco, United States
Seared Beef Medallion with Cheese Polenta
California Strawberry Shortcake

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Grilled Beef with Chimichurri

Athens, Greece
Spanakopita

Munich, Germany
Apple Strudel

Bologna, Italy
Baked Ziti

Enjoy

marcriss

If you go to Goofy's candy shop at the Marketplace you can build your own apple. Caramel dipped in your choice of white/milk/dark chocolate, rolled in a topping and then drizzled with another chocolate. They are awesome!

My fave is dipped in milk choc, rolled in Butterfinger and then drizzled with white choc. It's also the best apple you will ever have. Even better than Mrs. Pringles (the $40 apples!).

Ella's Mommy

Preggo

I was 7 1/2 months preggo last year at Disney and 6 months this year when we went. I CRAVED the hots dogs anywhere they were made last year. If this is your first time being pregnant you still might be feeling a little sick at that time. I have a friend who had morning sickness the entire pregnancy. Be careful. Drink plenty of water and REST. Disney is not the same when your pregnant. And what ever you do resist the urge to pig out cause it will only make it harder for you. Sorry to be the wet blanket but I have been twice while preggo and it was just easier if I ate well like I do at home. You will have lots more energy. Disney has great health options.:wave:

westie

I don't know if being pregnant you can handle spicy but, in the China Pavillion is a food kiosk with a Mongolian Beef Sandwich that is to die for. Last trip I somehow made it by there everyday for one.

Susan Savia

WOW, I'm hungry after reading all these yummy treats...Try the almond covered sweet pretzel in Norway and the vanilla shakes at Fountainview Cafe...Oh Yum......:p Happy Baby!!!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Well you're carrying an extra person with you so when people just suddenly stop infront of you just run them over

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
.....there's a hungry pregnant woman on the loose in WDW!!! :ROFLOL:

I'll be in the World November 7-12th. By then I'll be 5 1/2 months pregnant and ready to chow down the whole time. I'm just now getting over my horrible morning sickness & have an appetite, in perfect timing for our trip!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

What are your favorite snack places? (I know, I know this should be under restaurants and dining...but more people look at General Discussion....) I'm wanting to try new items, as well as eat some old favorites. What do you fabulous fellow disney fans recommend?

We'll visit all 4 parks, Downtown Disney, and we are staying at Pop Century. Oh, and we'll be there for Food&Wine, so suggestions for those too!!!

Here's what's on my list so far: :slurp:
Pineapple Float from Aloha Isle ( I can almost taste it now...)
Figaro Fries (never had them, but saw a picture fell in love)
Caramel Candy Apple

Help me out!!! Tell me what to eat!!! :wave:

The Kitchen Sink ice cream sundae at the Beach Club, Beaches and Cream Soda shop. If that dosn't fill you up,:hurl: you must really be hungry. Have fun and good luck.

If you are there on the 7th through the 12th you will make the end of the Food and Wine Fest (it ends on the 9th). We go ever year for my birthday and on this years trip I was 9 months pregnant. My favorite food stands are...

San Francisco, United States
Seared Beef Medallion with Cheese Polenta
California Strawberry Shortcake

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Grilled Beef with Chimichurri

Athens, Greece
Spanakopita

Munich, Germany
Apple Strudel

Bologna, Italy
Baked Ziti

Enjoy

I think your starting selection is a good one. Don't know the story behind the Figaro Fries...they were as expected last time I went...

Yea, Kitchen sink will take care of all ills!

With you catching the tail end of Food and Wine...just spend your first two days in Epcot...going round and round....eating and eating! :slurp:

For a few additions to consider...
While in Norway, check out the school bread...kind of a cream puff on steroids
images

Then you do need your calcium...
Main Street Ice Cream Parlor in MK
Fountainview Cafe in Epcot
Hollywood Scoops or Dinosaur Gertie's in DS

If you want a change from Aloha Isle (if possible)
check out a citrus swirl around the corner at Sunshine Tree Terrace.

Have a great time, and congratulations!

DisneyLindz

Original Poster
Thanks for all the ideas! It's funny how I've been to Disney 20-ish times, but there are so many different snacks and foods that I've never tried!

I do have a list of foods you all have suggested to take with me! I'll probably skip the 'Kitchen Sink' @ Beach Club, that's just waaaaayyyyy too much at once. I'm more of a "snacker" throughout the day, not shove a ton in at once. I'll also go easy on the spicy (which I usually eat when not preggo) or else I'll wipe out the world's supply of Mylanta and Tums.

For all of you that will be there at the same time, just look for the tall, blonde pregnant girl sitting on a bench. I'll have a yummy snack in one hand, a bottle of water in the other, and a large satisfied goofy grin on my face. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom