OFFICIAL WDWMagic Holiday Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Can it be an animated GIF, if it is compressed to make for faster downloads?

It can be, but, as in the last banner contest, it's highly discouraged. Nobody wants to see an annoying animated banner at the top of the screen for an extended period of time.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Main Street USA
It can be, but, as in the last banner contest, it's highly discouraged. Nobody wants to see an annoying animated banner at the top of the screen for an extended period of time.

Good point. I will keep that in mind.

Maria

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Okay, it's a little rough, but I still learned a few more things about Photoshop in the process. This is good.

I see a hidden Mickey! :lol:
Good job! Can´t wait to see more coming!

....and don´t even ask where mine is.... I still have no programs and/or knowledge to make anything! :(

ACE

:)

Attachments

• evening shades.jpg
    evening shades.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 187

monorail256

Well, I've decided to try this out. This is the first time I'm doing it so please be nice. I worked on this for an hour (can you belive it?!). Im not an artist.. and when I started.. I had no idea how to use most the of the features on my Print Shop. It took me.. around 20 minutes just to figure out how to change the colors so they met the color "specifics". Oh... please do not laugh...

Here is my Blue Daylight Banner....

Attachments

• blue.gif
    blue.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 185

no2apprentice

No one's laughing, monorail256. Except me laughing at my own entry! But if I don't force myself to work on these entries, I won't learn as much about my programs. I don't care if I win, I just want to challenge myself to get better.

Every entry so far has some good work, things I wish I had thought of, or knew how to do. Keep 'em coming!

Figment1986

ok, i know this is bad, but it is my first time working thi sprogram, never done it this way before.
(Mrcrosoft Picture It!)

Here we go
Blue one:

Attachments

• blue holiday2.jpg
    blue holiday2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 241

CalDisney

No one's laughing, monorail256. Except me laughing at my own entry! But if I don't force myself to work on these entries, I won't learn as much about my programs. I don't care if I win, I just want to challenge myself to get better.

Every entry so far has some good work, things I wish I had thought of, or knew how to do. Keep 'em coming!

I agree with you no2
Even I dont win I have learned a little more about my Photoshop
So Far I like all the Entries:)
<---look at my new Avatar I drew it onto a cel then painted it partically then scanned it and finished it in Photoshop

no2apprentice

CalDisney, nice work on the avatar! If I tried doing something like that, it would wind up looking like an ashtray. Just like my 9th grade metal shop!:lol:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Here's my attempt everyone. I spent a lot of time going around in circles with this one. I also had animated versions with colored lights, but then decided to take my own advice and ditch the animation. Also, the white lights looked a little nicer.:)

They're a little grainy because of their compression for this thread, but I have the sharp versions saved as well.

Anyway, here they are:

Attachments

• postbanners.gif
    postbanners.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 215

Main Street USA

Original Poster
I also wanted to let everyone know that when it's time to vote, I will be posted them on their respective color background. This is to give everyone an example of how they might look at the top of the page. Sometimes it's a little hard to tell if you like a banner when you can see a border, when in actuality, there won't be one if actually displayed on the site.

CalDisney

CalDisney, nice work on the avatar! If I tried doing something like that, it would wind up looking like an ashtray. Just like my 9th grade metal shop!:lol:

Aaahh Ty No2
I allways try my best
I put the full size pic up in Digital photos and drawings , Under My cel paintings.

Enjoy

NowInc

Damn you MSU...thats pretty impressive..and close to what i was thinking...

well..sorta...you stole my snowy text idea and my christmas lights are gunna be in color..and probobly wrapped around the letters ;)

hehe...day off today kids...ya know what THAT means (hopefully).

NowInc

Eh...i decided not to do any snow.....go figure ;)

Attachments

• banner01.jpg
    banner01.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom