OFFICIAL WDWMagic Holiday Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
OFFICIAL WDWMagic Holiday Banner Contest

This banner should be "holiday" themed. Here are the rules and guidelines. These guidelines are UNBENDABLE!

1. Dimensions - 700x60 pixels

2. Blue Daylight Background - RGB 66,119,173
Evening Shades Background - RGB 115, 125, 165

3. MUST incorporate the words...

WDWMAGIC.COM
An Unofficial Walt Disney World Fan Site
- no other wording!

4. No Characters of any kind

5. No Images from other Disney Official or UnOfficial Sites

6. Banner must work both color schemes, and be the same
version of the banner (just different backgrounds).

7. Must be a "web friendly" format and size. So Compression will be looked at on this one. JPG, GIF, PNG are all acceptable.

8. Prize could be to run it on the forum throughout the holiday season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to recap...you will be sumbitting 2 pictures for this one. One for each forum design.

This one is going to run from tonight, the 13th of November, to the 22nd of November, at 11:59PM EST.

As usual..if we recieve more than 15 entries...a neutral party WILL decide the final ones to be used...no hard feelings...

Good luck everyone...looking forward to seeing the submissions.

kevlightyear

Awesome, another banner contest! Great! I'm gonna have to get started on this one this weekend! I can't wait to see all the great entries I'm sure we'll have.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Also, do you have the color numbers using the HTML color numbers?

RGB color codes are universal for any photoediting program or any program using color. I don't know the exact HTML code numbers.

As far as it saying Happy Holidays, my GUESS is that it would be OK, but I will have to check with Steve. So, until I get approval, lets leave it out. Thanks!:)

ACE

Originally posted by Main Street USA
OK, the voting seems to have come to a halt, so I'm gonna go ahead and end it. This means the winner is...................

DCA Fan!!!!!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This means he will be picking the 5 poll choices for the next contest. Way to go DCA Fan!!!

IMPORTANT!!!!! READ THIS!!!!

- This next contest is going to be highly advertised by me around the forums, because I believe many will want to participate, as they did the last time we had a similar one. SO, with that being said, here's what it will be:

The OFFICIAL WDWMagic Holiday Banner Contest

I thought we were gonna vote. Isn't that what you meant by "the 5 poll choices for the next contest". Don't get me wrong, I don't care if we do a "banner contest", I just wondered why the "rules" changed.

Also, how do you set the colors for a banner. Does it have to be in html or what? I'm not too web page savvy.

:wave: ACE

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by acellis_99
I thought we were gonna vote. Isn't that what you meant by "the 5 poll choices for the next contest". Don't get me wrong, I don't care if we do a "banner contest", I just wondered why the "rules" changed.

Also, how do you set the colors for a banner. Does it have to be in html or what? I'm not too web page savvy.

The rules haven't changed, although I can see how you misunderstood. Choosing the 5 topics for the poll refers to the next wallpaper contest. Therefore, the next time one of those comes up, he'll be the one picking the 5.:)

As far as the colors go, it doesn't have anything to do with HTML or webpages. Those are RGB numbers which are universal to whatever program you use to make your entry. When you go to pick a color to use for your paintbrush, or whatever tool, you will enter the numbers there.

All you will be submitting is two jpegs, or gifs, or whatever. No web crap involved, just pictures.

Also, a reminder to everyone, the colors will be checked, and if they aren't correct, your entry cannot be accepted into the voting.

Thanks!:)

ACE

Oh, OK, I gotcha, my goof. I'm gonna try and do this. I've never tried a banner. Also, where would I put in those color numbers or select those. I usually just pick the color by sight, not by number, so I'm not sure about this.

Thanks for the info.

CalDisney

WooHoo!!
Looks like Im the 1st to post my entry:)

Attachments

• holidaybanner day.jpg
    holidaybanner day.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 304

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
RGB color codes are universal for any photoediting program or any program using color. I don't know the exact HTML code numbers.

As far as it saying Happy Holidays, my GUESS is that it would be OK, but I will have to check with Steve. So, until I get approval, lets leave it out. Thanks!:)

Yup any holiday wording is fine :)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Yup any holiday wording is fine :)

There ya have it, bring on the holiday wording!:)

A very good sart there, Cal, and also a great example of following the rules and gettting the colors right. :)

CalDisney

There ya have it, bring on the holiday wording!:)

A very good sart there, Cal, and also a great example of following the rules and gettting the colors right. :)

Thank You MSU:)
I try to follow the Rules LOL

no2apprentice

Okay, it's a little rough, but I still learned a few more things about Photoshop in the process. This is good.

Attachments

• banner1.jpg
    banner1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 243

no2apprentice

Which part? Oh, you must mean the part that says, "To everyone who enjoys the magic that is Disney, and for those who visit this site to share the love of Walt Disney World, we wish you and yours a truly Happy Holiday."

I was wondering if anyone would notice it in the wreath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom