Official WDW Facebook page opens the floodgates to MyMagic+ comments

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't like waiting an hour for fireworks spot and more than I like waiting in line for an attraction for an hour. I don't think those things are not needed - in fact (until they screw it up) I think it's one of the better perks of the system.
Fair enough. Scratch fireworks off the list.

But, I much preferred the Wishes Party method of avoiding the camp on the pavement.

I'll stand by the rest of my list (and could add the myriad of other rides, like the Teacups, that were added to the system). :p

crispy

I don't like waiting an hour for fireworks spot and more than I like waiting in line for an attraction for an hour. I don't think those things are not needed - in fact (until they screw it up) I think it's one of the better perks of the system.

I would agree if it actually worked. We used a FP+ for Fantasmic!. We showed up at the appointed time to find that they really didn't have a section completely reserved for FP+ and were basically told "Good luck!" when trying to find a seat. I would have been better served just getting a seat on my own. There was no value added to us at all and we wasted a FP+.

WDWDad13

No one knows how all of this is going to play out until it is fully implemented and everyone (who wants to be) are on the system and using them

Everything else is just speculation and I'd venture a guess that 75% that are negative about it have never tried them and 50% of them probably hate any type of change in life

There are so many possibilities (yes positive ones too) that they have barely even scratched the surface on so why don't we all take a deep breath and be open minded.

What would message boards look like when they first introduced extra magic hours to resort guests only, or extra ticketed events for holidays, etc.

WDWDad13

I would agree if it actually worked. We used a FP+ for Fantasmic!. We showed up at the appointed time to find that they really didn't have a section completely reserved for FP+ and were basically told "Good luck!" when trying to find a seat. I would have been better served just getting a seat on my own. There was no value added to us at all and we wasted a FP+.

Well showing up at the appointed time doesn't guarantee you a good seat...just a seat...like the dinner package they have as well

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would agree with you here. It works well with World of Color in Disneyland. Some families care more about the night time show then other aspects of the park. IF I am at Epcot I have to see Illuminations more then I want to ride any of those rides. So if I wanna reserve a spot like someone reserves a ride I should be able to. The issue is with fastpass for those is there is not good place to place these people. It would be nice if their was some sort of view area that could be roped off without disturbing park flow. Similar to how World of Color viewing is done (Based on the photos I have seen)

This is what I mean by 'until they screw it up'. How much space they allocate and where they put them is how they can ruin a perfectly good thing :)

crispy

Well showing up at the appointed time doesn't guarantee you a good seat...just a seat...like the dinner package they have as well

And we would have been fine with that, but we there were no seats available and no reserved spots for FP+. A nice family let us squeeze in with them in the row reserved for the disabled or we wouldn't have had a seat at all. Many who came in after us didn't have seats. It was a disaster and a complete waste of a FP+.

dgp602

Because its not deployed to everyone who pays admission yet, therefore you got a different experience than those who paid the same or more for access to the park. Your experience will be different after its rolled out to everyone.
What is the "experience"? In terms of room charges, parking etc it's the difference between a card and now a wrist band. A convenient change that I like. If you are talking about FP+, then we are talking about having the ability to pre-plan when to ride 3 rides out of a park full of rides. If I am not mistaken, UNI offers something similar to guests that stay at their resort hotels now, and there is no outcry over that. It's a business model that WDW decided to implement to encourage and reward guests staying at their hotels...

Look, I'm not trying to start a big debate, I am just one person who enjoyed my Magic Bands when I used them a month ago...I can't understand the outcry. That's all....

CDavid

Everything else is just speculation and I'd venture a guess that 75% that are negative about it have never tried them and 50% of them probably hate any type of change in life

Blaming the customer for the many failures of MM+ might make a few Disney executives feel better about themselves, but it doesn't actually address the problem. Taking seriously guests' valid objections and concerns, however, probably would.

What would message boards look like when they first introduced extra magic hours to resort guests only, or extra ticketed events for holidays, etc.

As I recall, Disney was fairly praised for doing something right (for a change), abandoning the ill-conceived Character Caravan in favor of extended park hours.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
They just posted about their onsite transportation as a perk, with a picture of the monorail. Funny, considering what is currently happening with that once iconic system. The social media team at Disney needs a little work.

Next, they'll show someone with a fastpass for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride on their phone and in the background they'll show a kid picking the Mesa Verde future on Horizons.

GrumpyFan

Ever since this was announced...I've always thought of this scene from Disney's Robin Hood on how Resort & Off property guests are getting from The Magic Bands..

Seems a bit extreme.
I don't get why so many are so negative about it. Nobody's being denied any access to any attractions, food, merchandise, etc.
The method by which they can get access to them is slightly modified, but still, there's no restriction of anyone who does not choose to stay on property.

I mean, how is this any different than on-property guests have EMH access? Disney is creating value for their on-property guests, which I'm perfectly okay with, considering how expensive it is to stay there. I'm more than willing to pay a little more, to get a little more. This is not a new concept. It's one that is exercised almost everywhere, airlines, hotels, restaurants, car rental, etc.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Today I got a banner ad from Disney that went 'Imagine Scheduling a Tea Cup Ride from your Couch' Disney Magic Bands Make it Possible.

ACME T--D Polisher allows you to polish and pick up a T--D on the clean end...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Seems a bit extreme.
I don't get why so many are so negative about it. Nobody's being denied any access to any attractions, food, merchandise, etc.
The method by which they can get access to them is slightly modified, but still, there's no restriction of anyone who does not choose to stay on property.

I mean, how is this any different than on-property guests have EMH access? Disney is creating value for their on-property guests, which I'm perfectly okay with, considering how expensive it is to stay there. I'm more than willing to pay a little more, to get a little more. This is not a new concept. It's one that is exercised almost everywhere, airlines, hotels, restaurants, car rental, etc.

UNI - If I stay at a Uni Deluxe resort I get a FOTL pass I can jump to the front of any line and do so all day, No worries no limits no yoga exercises to line up mickey.

Disney - if I am REALLY lucky I can schedule a ride 60 days in advance and if people in party are sick or it's too miserable to go to parks - too bad soo sad.

If you have an Premium Annual Pass or Premier Passport spend hours on phone with tech support only to find they can't link your VALID media to MDE so you CANNOT make those advanced reservations in the first place.

Yep that's the definition of 'best guest experience' at least in TDO's book.

WDWDad13

What a lot of people fail to see too is something else Disney is doing is creating a lot of excitement before the trip for families (kids especially) with all the shipments of USB drives and magic bands and planning etc. Then when people arrive at the parks they don't have to worry so much about the crowd line or the running of the bulls at rope drop for TSMM or Soarin'

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What a lot of people fail to see too is something else Disney is doing is creating a lot of excitement before the trip for families (kids especially) with all the shipments of USB drives and magic bands and planning etc. Then when people arrive at the parks they don't have to worry so much about the crowd line or the running of the bulls at rope drop for TSMM or Soarin'

When they go to UNI they don't have to do that either they don't even have to run to get a FP their shiny new FOTL is handed to them when they check in and they even have a special entrance at the big rides.

Oh and UNI's deluxes are just a little bit more expensive than Disney's so called Value resorts and have amenities that one expects from real hotels.

spacemt354

Chili's
No one knows how all of this is going to play out until it is fully implemented and everyone (who wants to be) are on the system and using them

There are so many possibilities (yes positive ones too) that they have barely even scratched the surface on so why don't we all take a deep breath and be open minded.

As one of the "25%" that is "negative" and has tried the system, I would say that Disney certainly did an injustice to its loyal guests who were persuaded into believing testing MM+ would enhance their vacation, when the overall results, especially our own, were far from the Disney magic we come to expect.

The true test will be peak seasons. I'm glad that some of the kinks have been worked out and the reviews have become more positive. But as you say, a full determination cannot be made until the system runs with a packed resort. January is one of the slowest months, so it shouldn't be an issue for guests to book FP+, ADRs, and other things relatively close to their vacation times. I wonder what will happen for families going for the first time, or used to 'winging-it' on vacations when suddenly FP times are filled up, lines are 60+ mins, and unnecessary stress is added to the vacation.

Sure, it's easy to just to tell those families "Tough luck, you should have been on top of things" or "You shouldn't have entered into MM+" but while those answers are valid, it's certainly not a formula for positive vacation reviews....

Long time visitors might find it aggravating to be forced to book what time they are going to ride Space Mountain weeks to months in advance, when they used to just ride whenever they felt like it. While MM+ seems to help first timers not feel overwhelmed, the opposite could occur in which the first time guests feel too overwhelmed by all the planning, the timings, and the schedules. I'm on a work schedule all the time. If I'm going to Disney World for the first time, the last thing I want on vacation is to be on a schedule. I would rather relax. But everyone is different. If the system works for you, then go for it! This is just our family's perspective.

And for the people who come down once every 2-4 years, they might just say "This is too much planning and work, forget this...I'm going to Uni, or somewhere else"

While I hope this system works and works successfully to please most if not all guests, as someone who loves WDW, MM+ isn't something that excites me to visit. I can't see myself going "Wow, i can't wait to have my nose in my phone throughout the park checking FP+ times, the mobile app, and decorate my wristband!" (for a small fee...;)). Sure, we will return despite MM+ because we love the place, but I think Disney is taking advantage of that fact with their loyal guests. I can just hear upper management say "Oh don't worry, that family had a bad trip? They come down every year, they'll be back" There is no reward for loyalty in WDW. Everywhere you go, retail, food-stores, hotels, etc, they all have rewards points. How come WDW doesn't do this? Are we missing out on something? How come someone who has visited his whole life isn't given any incentives to return? What? Is the incentive nostalgia? Knowing WDW upper management...I wouldn't be surprised if that was the answer.:greedy:

Walt Disney warned about resting on your laurels. There's only so many times I can ride with a dirty Soarin' screen, pass Disco Yeti, or look at countless pavilions and locations sit empty throughout the parks and resorts before I get sick of it. I hope that day doesn't come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom