Official Photography Contest 5/12/06 - 5/18/06 Fantasyland Contest

Disneyfalcon

[\QUOTE]I charge $60 an hour for lessons and if you sign up before the summer, you get a set of ginsu knives and a handy orange peeler. :lookaroun[/QUOTE]

COOL! Is there a 30 day money back guarantee if I'm not completely satisfied? :lol:

Great pics though. Thanks for the info.

mrtoad

Tramp said:
I seriously considered the A620 but decided to go with the A700. The 6x optical zoom pushed me to the A700. Plus, my eyes aren't what they use to be so the larger LCD suits me a little better. I also like the 2 AA battery requirement rather than 4 although the flash cycle may be a bit sluggish.

When I purchased the A620 teh A700 was not out yet. The thing that would still have pushed me to the A620 over the A700 was the flip out LCD as I do use it a lot. The longer optical zoom on the A700 though is something I wish I had. I guess it depends on what your needs are. I don't know why they would not put both features in one camera as it would make sense. I bet there will be another out shortly that has the flip out LCD and the 6x zoom.

I am bad though as I buy a new camera usually about 1 time a year. I hope not too for a while but it is a hard habit to break...

Good luck with it.

Mike

Tramp

mrtoad said:
I am bad though as I buy a new camera usually about 1 time a year. I hope not too for a while but it is a hard habit to break...

Good luck with it.

Mike

:lol: Long gone are the days of buying a camera and keeping it for decades.

SewIn2Disney

mrtoad said:

Me too. I don't even try to "justify" buying a new one anymore, I kind of just do it. In the past 3 years, I have purchased 4 different Nikon's, and now I'm looking into buying a Nikon SLR (hey--it'll be my graduaton gift to myself!)

It's nice to see I'm not the only one out there!

cpcpjfan

IMG_3856.jpg

mrtoad

SewIn2Disney said:
Me too. I don't even try to "justify" buying a new one anymore, I kind of just do it. In the past 3 years, I have purchased 4 different Nikon's, and now I'm looking into buying a Nikon SLR (hey--it'll be my graduaton gift to myself!)

Those are about my numbers but I mostly stick to Canon.

jeffb

SewIn2Disney said:

Wile I still live in the Analogue World, I bought a Nikon N-80 about 5 years ago, it was one of the best things I have ever bought. I highly recommend going the SLR route. The is additional picture quality to be had using Nikon lenses or some of the other manufacturers lenses that mount to a Nikon SLR.

SewIn2Disney

I definately will be buying a Nikon SLR, which one though is still up in the air. I'm thinking about buying an older model on Ebay, as I can't see spending 6-7 hundred dollars right now. I'd rather be able to put extra money into accessories later. And, I believe that being able to set everything yourself is one of the beauties of SLR, so I dont really need one with all of the bells and whistles.

Tramp

mrtoad said:
When I purchased the A620 teh A700 was not out yet. The thing that would still have pushed me to the A620 over the A700 was the flip out LCD as I do use it a lot. The longer optical zoom on the A700 though is something I wish I had. I guess it depends on what your needs are. I don't know why they would not put both features in one camera as it would make sense. I bet there will be another out shortly that has the flip out LCD and the 6x zoom.

Good luck with it.

Mike

Mike...I decided to go with the A620. I tested the A700 in Circuit City and I was totally disappointed with the flash recycle time....it took forever! It must have to do with using only two AA batteries instead of four.

Also, the LCD seemed a bit washed out to me.

mrtoad

Tramp said:
Mike...I decided to go with the A620. I tested the A700 in Circuit City and I was totally disappointed with the flash recycle time....it took forever! It must have to do with using only two AA batteries instead of four.

Also, the LCD seemed a bit washed out to me.

Let me know what you think, I really like mine. I bought an engergizer high speed charger and a few sets of energizer rechargeable NiHM batteries. They last pretty long and the flash recycle time is not too bad. I do sometimes wish it were quicker but it is not slow for any stretch.

A lot of the newer cameras are not having great reviews for teh LCDs as they are just increasing the size but sticking with the same pixel count so they are not as clear. The one on the A620 is not too bad and I have had no issues with the LCD in bright light.

I think you will be happy with your choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom