• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Official Moving to Orlando Thread... aka, ASK THE LOCALS!

Lilofan

Look into Windermere Prep.

Also, Lake Highland has been around forever. Highly rated school.
Lake Highland was founded in 1970 when white families wanted their own school for their kids during the desegregation times . The prep school also mandatory drug tests all students and it has also drug tests any student that the school deemed acting suspiciously during the school year. It has a competitive sports program in that it recruits kids from Central FL .

MrMcDuck

Premium Member
Lake Highland was founded in 1970 when whites wanted their own school for their kids during the desegregation times . The prep school also drug tests their students in sports and has also drug tests any student that the school deemed acting suspiciously.
Yes, it has that history. It's not alone in that. Many whites sent their kids to private school to avoid integration. Not acceptable, but it happened. I was unaware of the drug testing.

But it's one of the best private schools in Orlando.

Lilofan

Yes, it has that history. It's not alone in that. Many whites sent their kids to private school to avoid integration. Not acceptable, but it happened. I was unaware of the drug testing.

But it's one of the best private schools in Orlando.
I corrected myself. The prep school actually mandatory drug tests all students not just in sports, randomly tests students during the year and also when the teacher deems any student as acting suspiciously.

bhg469

I just completely forgot about this thread and started one of my own a few weeks ago. My wife and I are going down to Orlando this weekend to look for temporary places to live while we house hunt. We are really digging the hunter's creek area but we aren't locked in anywhere specific yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom