Official Moving to Orlando Thread... aka, ASK THE LOCALS!

atjimfromdisney

Hello! Glad I found this thread. We are looking at relocating to the area from NC when my husband departs from the military. He’s hopefully gaining employment at WDW. We’ve read a ton of posts about housing and have found a lot of potential in the area. Any advice on other parts of this?
When I was working with the company, my brother and I lived in Windermere, just north of Magic Kingdom (we had a view of Cinderella Castle out of our window). That area is being heavily developed and has become a VERY nice area to live especially if one of you will be working in the parks.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Advertisement
Opinions on living in Clermont? Was suggested by someone to look at Cagan Crossings. I'd want to rent for a year or 2 then buy a condo in central FL after I get settled.

bhg469

Opinions on living in Clermont? Was suggested by someone to look at Cagan Crossings. I'd want to rent for a year or 2 then buy a condo in central FL after I get settled.
That is where we are looking as well. Having stayed at a vacation rental for a week just a few miles south of Clermont, we thought it was a pretty nice area.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Purely my own opinion, but I found Cagan Crossing to be bit pricey for the location. I also find it to be a bit too remote in regards to Orlando, assuming you're going to want to enjoy some other amenities other than the parks. I am renting a townhouse in Windermere right now and couldn't ask for a better location
Considering I'm only paying $590 for a studio where I live right now I'm going to have to be budget-conscious. CC has studios but I see there is a wait-list currently.

I'm hoping my current employer will let me work remotely in FL, at least temporarily and I'd pick up a part-time gig at Disney or Cirque (when it re-opens). Otherwise I'm looking at working at Spectrum - but their office is in Maitland which is a ways from Clermont. I eventually want to buy a condo but not until I get settled and figure out where I want to live.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
this forum has been quiet for a while. Moving to Clermont off of the 192/27 interchange into Cagan Crossings in the next few months. There's a wait list for my apartment so I'm dealing with 1 more winter up here in SD

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
this forum has been quiet for a while. Moving to Clermont off of the 192/27 interchange into Cagan Crossings in the next few months. There's a wait list for my apartment so I'm dealing with 1 more winter up here in SD
Got the call yesterday. I'm at the top of the list and will be moving in the next 4-6 weeks! Time to light a fire under my backside to get ready to move

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Premium Member
I live very close to Clermont in the southern bit of Winter Garden (Horizon West). Clermont is generally a nice area with a good mix of people. On niche it shows crime and safety as C+ but I've never felt unsafe there. I moved here from Seattle, WA and love it. :)

Top Bottom