Official Mickey's Philharmagic Opening Day thread for questions, and updates

CTXRover

Re: 9/16/2003

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Good afternoon all

I SAW IT... TWICE actually!!!! FINALLY.... I have to first THANK the person that was able to get me in to see Mickey's Philharmagic You know who you are THANKS AGAIN. I went today just to get pictures of the Fantasy Fare store instead I actually got to be like the rest of the rare few and step beyond the closed doors. :)

I wont give my review/thoughts on the show until after this weekend when I can sit down and watch it several times with all my fellow Geek Lab friends.

I did take plenty of pictures and they are already emailed off to Steve. I will take more this weekend. I am still in sensory overload so I cant review to much LOL

Hey Congrats! I look forward to seeing the pics. But now you've wetted my curiousity :)lol: ). I know you want to wait to write a detailed review, but I was hoping you could give us a simple like or dislike right now?

For a scale:
(a) you hated Mickey's Philharmagic
(b) you think its ok and could have been better
(c) you liked it and want to see it again
(d) you loved Philharmagic and its one of the best 3D shows at Disney

In case I forget to do it in the future, thanks for the pics and review!!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Re: Re: 9/16/2003

Originally posted by CTXRover
Hey Congrats! I look forward to seeing the pics. But now you've wetted my curiousity :)lol: ). I know you want to wait to write a detailed review, but I was hoping you could give us a simple like or dislike right now?

For a scale:
(a) you hated Mickey's Philharmagic
(b) you think its ok and could have been better
(c) you liked it and want to see it again
(d) you loved Philharmagic and its one of the best 3D shows at Disney

In case I forget to do it in the future, thanks for the pics and review!!

I'm hovering right now between a B+ and a C there was somethings I really liked but then theres others I think could be improved just a wee bit. But don't take that as my FINAL thought let me see it again a few times and then I will let you know my final feelings. I had the same issue when I did the previews for Mission: SPACE I came off the ride so hyped I didnt pay attention to the detail work.

andresmatamoros

I dont understand how two 3D shows (Shrek and Phill) open the same year (Shrel opened months ago!!!) can have almost exactly the same ending!!!!! just change Tink with Donald!!!!!

WHO IS IMITATING WHO????

and if Disney learn that Shrek open with this ending they have pleanty of time to change theirs!!

CTXRover

Originally posted by andresmatamoros
I dont understand how two 3D shows (Shrek and Phill) open the same year (Shrel opened months ago!!!) can have almost exactly the same ending!!!!! just change Tink with Donald!!!!!

WHO IS IMITATING WHO????

and if Disney learn that Shrek open with this ending they have pleanty of time to change theirs!!

I was thinking the same thing. But honestly, Philharmagic had been in construction way before Shrek was announced and I'm sure most of the details for the show had been worked out before construction began. Shrek was announced and began construction after Philharmagic, despite opening first. It isn't fair to accuse anyone of imitating, because this ending wasN'T decided upon after Shrek opened and I highly doubt Shrek made their ending upon leaks from the Disney camp (although with the jabs Shrek 4D makes at Disney theme park rides already, who knows if this wasn't their way to poke fun at Disney's latest 3D show ending: a big stretch mind you). I think this time it was just a coincidence, although a very peculiar one ;)

CTXRover

Re: Re: Re: 9/16/2003

Originally posted by orlpassholder
I'm hovering right now between a B+ and a C there was somethings I really liked but then theres others I think could be improved just a wee bit. But don't take that as my FINAL thought let me see it again a few times and then I will let you know my final feelings. I had the same issue when I did the previews for Mission: SPACE I came off the ride so hyped I didnt pay attention to the detail work.

Hey, thanks for the reply! Not quite the answer I was hoping for (;) ), but I respect your honesty and not jumping to the conclusion that "this is the best thing ever created" just because it is new and we are excited for it. I realize your opinion may change and look forward to your perceptions of it after this weekend.

I know what you're talking about with MS, and probably MP for that matter. The first time I went on MS (during sneak previews), I was so elated and "hyper" that I was getting on it after standing outside the construction wall for a half hour in the blazing sun that I probably couldn't have told you a darn thing about what happened afterwards. I was too busy thinking: "I'm actually riding this! I'm actually riding this!" :lol:

sillyspook13

Coming soon to my photo album!

More photos of Philharmagic
Photos of Fantasy Fare
Important photo update of Everest

I'll let everybody know when I get them all posted.:)

Today was the Magic Kingdom cast preview of Philharmagic. (The woman at the door hooked me up.....) I saw the show 3 times today. I swear I still smell like pie and jasmine.......:lookaroun :slurp: :animwink:

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
That Donald looks very classic "Disney animated shorts!"

The Donald statue in the store is very nice. I have a shot of it also in about the same postion that turned out GREAT!!! Thinking about blowing it up and making a picture to hang on the wall here :)

General Grizz

License Plate released with PhilharMagic:

f6_1.JPG

Car Decal Magnet

e9_1.JPG

License Plate Cover

03_1.JPG

----

They should continue this with Donald Duck Orange Juice, Peanut Butter, etc. like the 30s!! :lol: :D

orlpassholder

Original Poster
They have a ton of cool merchandise in the store. But no Philharmagic Lanyard yet errrrr

But they did finally release a WHEZZY plush from Toy Story 2

Irrawaddy Erik

I am so glad that everyone is enjoying the attraction. This show has been the baby of Fantasyland for so long. It's openning has been widely anticipated in F-land for months and it's all that everyone is talking about.

aim

So, Donald is a big character in the show. Sorry, I know nothing about this attraction. Just that I can't wait to go see it!

dickieandsam

Sorry to get people to repeat this again but we are flying out to Florida mon 22nd going Sat 27 to MK what do you think the chances of getting to see Philharmagic, being from the UK we are not sure about all these soft openings etc, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks ;)

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by dickieandsam
Sorry to get people to repeat this again but we are flying out to Florida mon 22nd going Sat 27 to MK what do you think the chances of getting to see Philharmagic, being from the UK we are not sure about all these soft openings etc, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks ;)

Possibly you will be able to see it. Not 100% sure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom