Official Mickey's Philharmagic Opening Day thread for questions, and updates

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by HebeJebe
I saw the print and the pin. Where did the beanie come from if the gift shop isn't open yet? Is Mickey a cast preview gift?

I saw both the pin and print also. The plush doll I havent seen and I wonder how it got leaked or if it is fake

orlpassholder

Original Poster
9/10/2003 Update

Was at the Magic Kingdom today. Asked several CM's no previews today, even camped outside some to see if it would happen close to park closing. No luck

EDIT correction

appears a preview did happen today earlier before I had arrived. Thanks sillyspook for the correction

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Next Philharmagic Pin coming Sept15

To Be Released at WDW
Monday September 15, 2003

wdw_philhamagic_002_081503.jpg

Mickey's Philharmagic
Rehearsal #2

Simba is warming up his vocal cords getting ready for Mickey's Philharmagic opening.
LE 1500
Retail $12.50

Note: New Release Date

original image and info dizpins.com

General Grizz

Wow...great merchandise! I love the Mickey...except I kinda think his hat doesn't match with his conductor suit...? *shrug*

Then again, I'm not the fasion expert!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
FIRST Inside Philharmagic Pictures courtesy of sillyspook13

Inside Philharmagic

27philharmagic3.jpg

Concert Hall

27philharmagic5.jpg

More Queue Area

27philharmagic2.jpg

Queue Area

27philharmagic1.jpg

Exit (Caution Doors Open AutoMagically Toward You)

27philharmagic4.jpg

Thanks to sillyspook13 for allowing the pictures to be linked. And congradtes on being the FIRST to bring us the pictures

big80sanddisney

The whole idea is looking...well, magical!;) :)

I'm looking forward to it.

Two things:

1.) It's amazing how the Lumiere pin looks so much like his voice-over artist Jerry Orbach.

2.) When's the Ariel pin coming out?:D

Sincerely,

John "big80sanddisney" Kilduff

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by big80sanddisney
The whole idea is looking...well, magical!;) :)

I'm looking forward to it.

Two things:

1.) It's amazing how the Lumiere pin looks so much like his voice-over artist Jerry Orbach.

2.) When's the Ariel pin coming out?:D

Sincerely,

John "big80sanddisney" Kilduff

Yes the Lumiere Pin does look amazing similar to Jerry Orbach

Hmm an Ariel pin would be cool... Maybe a Cast Exclusive pin we dont know about yet

LLAMA_JAMES

Account Suspended
Just a small question as a Brit. On the first pin it says Cast previews Tonite. I've noticed this before but I thought I'd ask now; why do Americans spell 'Tonight', 'Tonite'?
I never got this. Americans also use 'Nite' when everyone else uses 'Night'. Is this just slang or is that the way it is spelt in the US? I'll be glad for anyone to reply! Thank you. Plus great pics from inside the theatre.
:D

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by LLAMA_JAMES
Just a small question as a Brit. On the first pin it says Cast previews Tonite. I've noticed this before but I thought I'd ask now; why do Americans spell 'Tonight', 'Tonite'?
I never got this. Americans also use 'Nite' when everyone else uses 'Night'. Is this just slang or is that the way it is spelt in the US? I'll be glad for anyone to reply! Thank you. Plus great pics from inside the theatre.
:D

I would say its just slang that has become common.

tonite is actually related to a compond for explosives.

Nite is just an informal way of saying tonight

BoyXE

Just informal. No real reason, though it has become very popular since text messaging on telephones has risen. Any word with 'igh' combos in it are more time consuming to "type" on a phone since they are all obtained from the same numeric key. 'ite' becomes faster because they use different keys. But rest assured, we've changed a lot of spellings officially over the years, but this one remains a slang only. :lol:

Back to the thread, the pictures look great and I'm so glad that this "tribute" to the old Mickey Mouse Revue is here. I got to see the Revue in Tokyo Disneyland many times last year when I was working there, and even though it was very outdated it was still so charming. This is a nice throwback to that.

Can't wait to see it next weekend! :sohappy:

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Yes Mickey Mouse Revue is sorely missed here at the Geek Labs. But Philharmagic looks to be on track to fill that void.

AP preview is gonna be nice. Maybe we can setup a meet and greet for it on one of the days.

For myself Saturday is the best day for me

orlpassholder

Original Poster
9/13/2003 off to the parks

Greetings all

I am posting this right before I head out the door. We here at the geek labs are making an all day trip to the parks today. We are hoping for a Philharmagic preview and are going to try and see if one happens.

Also we will be getting tons of new pictures of some the latest on going constructions and rehabs.

Look for a late trip report today or early tomorrow morning.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: 9/13/2003 off to the parks

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Greetings all

I am posting this right before I head out the door. We here at the geek labs are making an all day trip to the parks today. We are hoping for a Philharmagic preview and are going to try and see if one happens.

Also we will be getting tons of new pictures of some the latest on going constructions and rehabs.

Look for a late trip report today or early tomorrow morning.

Good luck!! Looking forward to your report :sohappy:

orlpassholder

Original Poster
BREAKING NEWS LIVE FROM WDW

greetings all I am live from the Magic Kingdom

appears there is an issue with Philharmagic

We camped outside of Philharmagic and a CM doing training said the film had issues... they were not happy with the final characters, and that they were redoing it with a new film being brought in today

could be smoke could be for real (CM's have been known to give false info)

she stated the AP preview should happen but the attraction may close after that for the time being to retool

also fantasy fare opens this tuesday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom