Official Disney Meeting Thread, Live Right Now!

ogryn

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Is Evelyn a plant to divert any serious discussion and turn the event into a circus show.

I wouldn't put it past them. There seems to be a huge difference in her style of questioning to all the other speakers.

Carrousel Lover

I wondered that as well

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Is Evelyn a plant to divert any serious discussion and turn the event into a circus show.
I was going to see if Comcast's meeting was somewhere to see whether she is just a"character" who does this everywhere.

TURKEY

Originally posted by cherrynegra
Crap!!! Who is this Evelyn person? I just tuned in and some guy is talking about having an independent auditing.

I would like the see the CPA's suggestion of having different auditors every few years to go into effect.

cherrynegra

Okay, this woman is half way through her presentation regarding Disney supporting and encourging labor rights and human rights regarding labor at Disney Hong Kong. So, does anyone know why Disney has been against this? It sounds reasonable.

cherrynegra

Oh cripes!! That meeting is so tense!! I can't imagine being scolded in front of a large group!!

"I'M TALKING TO YOU AND NOT TO THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD!!!"

ogryn

OMG. This woman sounds like she's going to cry.

And she just told Eisner off for not looking at her.

Carrousel Lover

He handled that well explaining why he turned his head away

Originally posted by ogryn
OMG. This woman sounds like she's going to cry.

And she just told Eisner off for not looking at her.
He handled that better than I thought he would.

Carrousel Lover

Many corporations won't agree to this one

Originally posted by cherrynegra
Okay, this woman is half way through her presentation regarding Disney supporting and encourging labor rights and human rights regarding labor at Disney Hong Kong. So, does anyone know why Disney has been against this? It sounds reasonable.
Cheap labor - they are not going to be governed how to do business because the cheaper labor and manufacturing are money makers.

ogryn

yep. He did well. He has impressed me so far, actually.

And if he throws out that mad woman, I'll be very impressed

Snapper Bean

I've got to tell you, I'm starting to feel sympathy towards Mr. Eisner. He has to conduct himself with absolute decorum while dealing with idiots. Do people really think that a shareholder's meeting is the appropriate forum to discuss the number of commercials appearing during the Wonderful World of Disney?

Carrousel Lover

Very distracting and ANNOYING

Originally posted by tigsmom
Evelyn is BACK!!!!!!!! :lol:
She has to be a plant. Eisner just warned her...interupt again and :zipit:
Doesn't Evelyn remind you of the street perfomers at The Studios or someone at the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island.

prberk

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I would like the see the CPA's suggestion of having different auditors every few years to go into effect.

I agree. I am an auditor for a local government, and I was an internal auditor for a national retailer before that. It is appropriate to have new auditors every now and then.

And as for the response that it would cost too much to change auditors: that is interesting, considering that they thought it was O.K. to pay Mr. Ovitz tens of $ millions to leave. And they had to pay Katzenburg $200 million after he left, in a lawsuit.

So, it is too expensive to pay normal fees and expenses to get new auditors who keep the company honest, but not too expensive to pay off executives in hundreds of millions of dollars.

Not right.

Snapper Bean

Never said she didn't have the "right" to ask the question but I do think it was inappropriate. What's next complaints about the cup sizes of beverage at the parks? In any event you can ask the question without making a jerk of yourself and she failed.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
THANKS EVELYN!!!!!! im quietly listening to this meeting in my office and then EVELYN starts babbling on and on................ I SWEAR SHE IS TRYING TO GET ME FIRED!!!!!

sounds like she is from "old money", if i do get fired, maybe she can employ me.

ohhhhh, boss is coming, must end reply....................... and turn down evelyn............................

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom