Official D23 Thread

Walter Yensid

If you look at the Pixie Hollow area, one of the paths have you passing under a very large tree root. Similar to the meet and greet, I assume they will do some clever thing to shower you with pixie dust and have you become the size of the fairy.

This may mean that we will see a meet and greet and a Bugs Life/Honey I Shrunk The Kids play area. Considering this 'shrinking' concept was popular and another small detail that the new Disney seems to care a lot about, this is probably why they moved it. You could not have people 'shrinking' in the middle of the area and unshrinking.

But definitely a big area over there, so cannot just be the tree. You see those large roots coming out of the ground everywhere, so might add a play area to replace Pooh's...better of course.

Princess Kitty

Might be nothing, but did anyone notice that there are no tracks from Tomorrowland Speedway on the FL concept art?
Looking at the original blueprint, it doesn't seem likes there is enough room to put the Dumbo spinners between the Barnstormer and the Tea Cups without getting rid of the Speedway, does it?

Walter Yensid

I will tell you who will be hiring the most new people at WDW...

The Landscaping Department...Can you say major fauna...?

Definitely a good thing because they do such amazing work.

Walter Yensid

Looking at the original blueprint, it doesn't seem likes there is enough room to put the Dumbo spinners between the Barnstormer and the Tea Cups without getting rid of the Speedway, does it?

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Unless they are taking down Barnstormer and moving it further up into 'Toontown', there is no way they could fit Dumbo in there...it is big and the speedway has that last turned that really pulls out pretty far.

Carsland replacement? hahaha. Just kidding...don't want to get in trouble for rumor starting? But, I wonder how the Dumbo 'fit' will be handled. The problem with concept art is that it is somewhat to scale. They keep scale in mind, but they do tend to exaggerate a little. But, there has been rumors that Speedway would go away at some point...very expensive ride to run each day.

Loving the speculation.

DisneyRoxMySox

My thoughts as I flip between the concept art and the blue prints..

It looks as if the speedway is staying, it's just not in the conept art because it isnt relevant.

Barnstormer is still on the blue prints, however, I don't see where it would go according to the concept art. So it looks as if it will get a retheme. (Though it would be awesome to have it stay with an additional coaster.)

I am curious to see when the construction is going to begin. And it seems that IASW, Phillarmagic and PPF will definately remain open during that phase. But SWSA and the carousel might have a different fate?

(On a side note, does anyone think we may see a Toon Town is DHS?)

krankenstein

Dumbo mini land FTW! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I'm happy and surprised that FL was announced. I'm happy, not satisfied (wanted MI for DAK), but this is a tremendous start! :D

_Scar

My thoughts as I flip between the concept art and the blue prints..

It looks as if the speedway is staying, it's just not in the conept art because it isnt relevant.

Barnstormer is still on the blue prints, however, I don't see where it would go according to the concept art. So it looks as if it will get a retheme. (Though it would be awesome to have it stay with an additional coaster.)

I am curious to see when the construction is going to begin. And it seems that IASW, Phillarmagic and PPF will definately remain open during that phase. But SWSA and the carousel might have a different fate?

(On a side note, does anyone think we may see a Toon Town is DHS?)

Dumbo has a roller coaster type of figure. Here, look:

dumbo5.jpg

th_dumbo5.jpg

It looks more obvious smaller.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I could stare at the concept art all day. :eek:

All in all, I am quite pleased with todays announcements. I really wasn't expecting anything other than Star Tours 2. :shrug:

I also just want to point out one thing to D23 naysayers. If it wasn't for the creation of D23 this year, we might not all be sitting here excited and celebrating today. No D23 equals no D23 Expo. Sure, these things would have eventually gotten announced (I hope!) but it probably wouldn't have been nearly as anticipated and exciting. I don't recall ever being fed this much information about the Walt Disney Company in one day ever. The D23 concept is far from perfect but it sure has provided Disney with a great vehicle for disseminating information.

I'm not looking to start another D23 debate....just my $0.02 on the subject. :shrug:

Captain Chaos

Awesome news.... Glad FL was announced... Now that two Dumbo spinners are a go, do we have confirmation that Magic Carpets of Aladdin are going???

SirGoofy

:D

I'm ridiculously happy. The fact that pretty much everything from the blueprints are there makes me so, so happy.

But, one of the most important part of the concept art, the second dumbo is larger. Magic Carpets? OUTTA THERE!:sohappy:

Star Tours looks great, and podracing only seems to be a small part.

I am very, very happy.

Gatorboy

I know this sounds silly, but that coaster looks like it has a loop. Doesn't make sense, also it appears that Casey JR. train is there also

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom