Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

sponono88

yes, very exciting to finally have official confirmation

however, you should probably add ''..Returns to DL" in the thread title to avoid confusion. no announcement was made for WDW :shrug:

dxwwf3

We need to start the campaign now to make sure they bring this to Epcot as well. I can't imagine how special it would be to walk into the Magic Eye Theater again this summer and experience this again. Let's hope Disney doesn't drop the ball on this.

lebeau

We need to start the campaign now to make sure they do NOT bring this to Epcot as well. I can't imagine how cheesy it would be to walk into the Magic Eye Theater again this summer and experience this again. Let's hope Disney doesn't drop the ball on this.

Fixed that for you.

dxwwf3

Yuck.

Nothing says moving forward more than bringing back a 20 year old film featuring a dead pop star. :rolleyes:

Usually the DoM crowd uses "money" as their big weapon against people upset over their favorite attractions being replaced. Now the tables are turned (for once) and Disney is doing the smart thing economically speaking, while pleasing the nostalgics at the same time.

I'd love to see wannab@dis' reaction to this news :ROFLOL:

jakeman

Usually the DoM crowd uses "money" as their big weapon against people upset over their favorite attractions being replaced. Now the tables are turned (for once) and Disney is doing the smart thing economically speaking, while pleasing the nostalgics at the same time.

I'd love to see wannab@dis' reaction to this news :ROFLOL:
By smart you mean profitting off of MJ's death?

I know that sounds harsh and I don't really mean it that way, but that is essentially what they are doing right?

I don't see it as one group versus another. I can see the appeal of this for others, but it has to be called what it is, nostalgia.

If this comes to Epcot it will go against everything every fanboy has ever spouted about the park's purpose.

zweltar

Not too sure how excited I would be for EO to return.:confused:
Yes, it is nostalgic for me and it would be exciting to see it again.
However, I'm not too sure how aligned a 20 year old movie is with the concept of FW. Although, who knows what the concept of FW really is anymore???? :shrug:
Bringing this back seems reactionary to MJ's death this past year. This would be a "hit" for maybe a year, I'd guess, then it would fade out and people would complain about nothing new coming to the parks.

WDWGoof07

Ugh...this is dumb. Disney should just move on and put something new in DL (and in Epcot). Besides, I never liked Captain EO. Or Michael Jackson.

Isn't Disney a little late to be jumping on the MJ bandwagon anyway?

dxwwf3

By smart you mean profitting off of MJ's death?

Yes of course they are, but also bringing EO back gets the parks a TON of publicity. More so than any marketing campaign would. There is already a story about this up on /film and other websites will soon follow I'm sure. Not to mention newspapers and magazines.

_Scar

I kinda feel bad for DL. Their TLand already looks bad with all the recent changes, and now they're working backwards and using an old 3D film to capitalize on a death. Ugh...

dxwwf3

I kinda feel bad for DL. Their TLand already looks bad with all the recent changes, and now they're working backwards and using an old 3D film to capitalize on a death. Ugh...

Their Tomorrowland is a lot better than ours :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom