offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

Lee

Adventurer
:brick:
Oh, please.
There is nothing remotely sexual or offensive about that shirt...at all.
If nobody had ever said it looks like legs...nobody would have noticed it. It's like an inkblot test...you see what you want to see.

"But I think it's pretty obvious the message and image were intentional."

Yes. Intentionally designed to look like Everest. Anything else? Completely absurd. :rolleyes:
It's mountains. Nothing more.
I'd wear it. No problem.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
:brick:
Oh, please.
There is nothing remotely sexual or offensive about that shirt...at all.
If nobody had ever said it looks like legs...nobody would have noticed it. It's like an inkblot test...you see what you want to see.
Even with it said, it's a stretch to visualize a woman, unless she is drastically deformed with short, skinny little legs and hip dysplasia that would cripple any normal human... :rolleyes:

cmatt

eh?! :S either too much acid - or as someone else said, she is seeing what she wants to see....

if it was something like cradle of filths tshirt which er has nun doing something unholy on it - then well, fair enough your wearing it for shock tactics and nothing else.

but yours looks like a badly drawn mountain range to me ;)

mickster

If nobody had ever said it looks like legs...nobody would have noticed it.

That argument makes no sense. Obviously SOMEONE noticed it without having been told it was legs. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with.

Intentionally designed to look like Everest. Anything else? Completely absurd. :rolleyes:
It's mountains. Nothing more.

The thing is though, it really doesn't even look like Everest. The shape on the t-shirt is nothing like the shape of Everest. That makes the whole thing all the more suspect.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The thing is though, it really doesn't even look like Everest. The shape on the t-shirt is nothing like the shape of Everest. That makes the whole thing all the more suspect.
And it looks nothing like the shape of any woman I've ever seen [or would want to :hurl:]!

Your point?

Lee

Adventurer
That argument makes no sense. Obviously SOMEONE noticed it without having been told it was legs. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with.
Only when trying to figure out why people were having an issue with it. If nobody had ever looked at the shirt and made a face, nobody would have ever taken a hard look and thought "Hmmm...what could they be seeing that is offensive?"
In reality, it's likely that people had a problem with the vague sexist comment of "Scream Like a Girl".

Please!
It looks exactly like Expedition Everest, right down to the temple on the left, Forbidden Mtn. in the center, and Everest on the right. It's obvious. What is a stretch is to see a woman there. I still don't see that. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Looks pretty much the same to me !
scream.jpg

CThaddeus

hi last year when i was in wdw i bought an everest tshirt (after id just been on the soft opening ride),in feb 2006, ive worn it twice (its disney so i lookafter it) and on the occasions ive worn it people look at it with disgust and it wasnt until my sister pointed it out to me that it lloks like a women on her back with her legs open! and undermeath it says 'scream like a girl!'
see pic, i wanted to know how i could get in touch with disney and what there comments were .any one know.looking at the shirt now and if you didnt know what the shirt was for it does look like a woman on her back! and im not comfortable wearing it any more!
DSC01657.jpg
any one know what to do?

Actually, I see a woman in this, but not in the position you do. When I looked at it for a minute, I saw a woman on her back, but I see her head starting on the right side with her hair hanging down. Her body is most of the lower portion of the drawing (I can even make out a left arm, though it's not complete. You can see the shoulder down to about the elbow). Her body ends with her leg which is bent at the knee (the peak to the left of the center peak) and the foot ends by the last crag, which looks more like something you'd see in the southwest than Everest. What's even more cool about what I see is that the center peak looks to me kind of like the Yeti (with a pointier head than he should have), and with the position the woman is in it looks like he's carrying her...kind of like something you'd see in a bad '50s Sci-Fi movie.
This ought to make me look like a complete kook. Unless someone else sees it?
Offensive, though? Nah. I liked it more because I saw something in it that certainly wasn't intentional.

JikoMarie

I think that this t-shirt is hilarious! If the words "Scream like a girl" weren't under the image, I might not have noticed but it seems clear to me that that t-shirt has a double entendre. I don't know what the big deal is though. It's not that overt that people would be really offended. I'd wear it -but because of the double entendre. I think it's clever. I don't think that makes me "dirty". I'm being quite honest when I say that I looked at the photo before reading the OP and it looked like a girl to me . . . an abstract rendering perhaps, but a girl nonetheless.

As for the tree, what is that phallic looking thing supposed to be if not a phallus? How odd! Funny and odd!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If you think the outline on the t-shirt actually lines up with that photo, then I might suggest an eye exam. :lol:

I didn't say it was exact. :rolleyes: But you said it looked "nothing like the shape of Everest"

It is a close match for a sketch.

JML42691

One thing that people have to remember ib today's society, is that just about anything can be seen as offensive, like Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor's initials, or the capital letter
M.
The enterance way to be school was considered offensive until a teacher hit part of the structure in a car crash and damaged it. The below is a picture of it after the crash, just imagine two concrete balls on either side of the tower along the roadway. So basically anything can be seen as offensive.
Home_facade1.jpg

Rufus T Firefly

How so many people on this thread are saying they don't see it eludes me. :confused::veryconfu

I'm sure if it were a Universal t-shirt, a lot more people on this thread would suddenly see it and agree it was obscene. :rolleyes:

And if it were a DCA t-shirt, some people would claim it's a waste of time and money. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom