offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

joshwill

i can see where some would see it as being a bit racy, if you dont know what its actually supposed to represent. So what? theres too much PC around no. people get offended at the slightest things theses day. it seems to my like as our civilization advances, it is losing its sense of humor.

SDav10495

Well...it could look more like a mountain than it does. If you hadn't told me about the "woman", I probably wouldn't have seen her first, but I also don't know if I would have immediately thought it was Everest. Remember that even though the image itself may not look exactly like a woman, it's still abstract, and the fact that it says "Scream Like a Girl" right underneath kind of helps the imagination along...

But I say keep wearing it. It would be silly to stop wearing a shirt you like based on something that's not actually offensive (aside from being a tad sexist :animwink:).

EpcotServo

i can see where some would see it as being a bit racy, if you dont know what its actually supposed to represent. So what? theres too much PC around no. people get offended at the slightest things theses day. it seems to my like as our civilization advances, it is losing its sense of humor.

Agreed!

I say, wear it! Shoot, I've got TWO of those shirts in my closet. (The other one is a rare orignal one that didn't make it on to the shelves. It's the same except the outline of the mountain is black.)

If anybody says anything about it too you, just say "NO! This is a Disney shirt for goodness sakes! You've got a sick, sick mind!"
That'll just make them ashamed, and they'll walk away!

:lol:

dazzer68

Original Poster
Agreed!

I say, wear it! Shoot, I've got TWO of those shirts in my closet. (The other one is a rare orignal one that didn't make it on to the shelves. It's the same except the outline of the mountain is black.)

If anybody says anything about it too you, just say "NO! This is a Disney shirt for goodness sakes! You've got a sick, sick mind!"
That'll just make them ashamed, and they'll walk away!

:lol:
makes me wonder why the black one didnt make it too! but any one know how i could contact disney about it? just to see what they say? im in uk so they might have even withdrawn this shirt for all i know?

bellanotte

If I had looked at the picture before I read your post, I probably would have thought is was a weird swiggle. However, since I read your post first, I saw a woman first and then a stretched-out mountain. I can definitely see how this could be taken the wrong way.

I say wear it, but when you're putting it on, you should think of what you're going to be doing that day. For instance, my friend went with his brother on college visits and bought a shirt at Finlandia University which just has the initials on it. He chose to wear it during our band's Disney trip on the last day when we were getting our group picture taken. When we got back home, our director yelled at him for wearing it in the picture because he didn't feel he could send the picture into the local newspaper when my friend's shirt was so visible. Just be aware and be willing to explain the shirt as many times as asked and I think you should be fine.

JessicaB

I would absolutly wear it! It looks like Everest to me. I wouldn't have noticed the women ( a badly shaped one) if you hadn't said anything. Some people tend to find things wrong were there isn't. I wouldn't worry about it.:animwink:

rosie.ca

ok i think the issue might be that people don't know what the shirt is about ,the "mountain" is abstract and the saying is scream like a girl and it doesn't say expedition everest or disney or anything ,at least not on that side (I have never seen the t shirt in person) so people are randomly trying to interpret the picture and perhaps it is because everest is new or maybe because they haven't linked the saying to the ride yet they don't see the mountain.
See if you see an abstracted mountain and the saying says something unexpected you start thinking maybe it's not what i think it is and start looking harder for some meaning and bang it's a dirty picture.

I personally think it looks like a mountain,and nothing like a woman esp. since there are no female identifying features and these "legs" are misshapen at best and don't bend right.

but that it just me. :shrug:

Pooh88

I think I have more of an issue with the fact that it says "Scream Like a Girl". My brother screamed more than me on TOT. The silouette looks like Everest to me....

mickster

What's on the back of the shirt? Is there anything indicating that it's an advertisement for EE or that it's Disney? Based solely on the picture, I actually think that it seems to be intentionally a double entendre of sorts. For one thing, the silhouette looks nothing like Everest and it seems like the only purpose of making the lines the shape they are, is to make people think it's a picture of a girl. Also, the phrase, "Scream like a girl" isn't one that I've seen anywhere else in reference to this ride. And then lastly, if there's nothing on the other side of the shirt to indicate that it's Disney or that it's an ad for Everest, then I would definitely say it was intentionally racy. I think the artist, and whoever approved it for that matter, knew exactly what they were doing. I can't see how they couldn't have.

Joepic

I actually like the shirt. It's the profile of Everest, looks very nice. That "girl" is not the first thing I see...you actually have to study it for a while to be able to see it.

rainfully

Interesingly enough I just got back from Property Control and they had a whole rack of these shirts.

They were all gray though.

Wilt Dasney

I don't find it dirty or offensive, but it is a little odd. I don't think I'd ever know it was referring to Everest just looking at that.

I don't see what's wrong with making a shirt that just shows and names the attraction it's from. If I buy a T-shirt from Disney, I want it to be something that lets people know I was at Disney, not some avant-garde expression. :lol:

EpcotGrl

I don't see a woman at all (even after reading your post & studying the image intently), so I'd say it's all in the eyes of the beholder...:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom