offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

Kristi Kay

When I really look, I see what your sister was saying. But I highly doubt that people passing by you are seeing that. It's probably probably some hard core feminist that doesn’t like the statement on it.

Does it not have some Disney Logo on it?

I would wear it and not even worry....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
(time to bring back an old photo :D) this is sold at WDW, and I don't think it's offensive at all :lookaroun

eriksnewtoy.jpg

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
please tell me this is a joke
Not at all. That is a 3-4 year old picture that I brought back to life to show that there are many other potentially offensive things sold at Disney. That item is still for sale in Epcot.

The Mom

Premium Member
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Sigmund Freud

Which basically tranlates to "Sometimes, items are phallic(or other) symbols, but sometimes, it's just your dirty mind." :lol:

jmvd20

One thing that people have to remember ib today's society, is that just about anything can be seen as offensive, like Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor's initials,

I must admit the first time I saw those initials used I wondered how the heck the thread wasn't deleted as soon as it was posted.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
How do you know? It's not like Disney, or the artist who designed the t shirt, are going to say, "Hey check out this subliminal sexual message we put on this t shirt."
That argument is sufficiently circular to be totally appropriate from you. It applies equally to your saying that it's intentional. Did you study obtuse or is it a natural trait?

EpcotServo

\ Based solely on the picture, I actually think that it seems to be intentionally a double entendre of sorts. For one thing, the silhouette looks nothing like Everest and it seems like the only purpose of making the lines the shape they are, is to make people think it's a picture of a girl. Also, the phrase, "Scream like a girl" isn't one that I've seen anywhere else in reference to this ride. And then lastly, if there's nothing on the other side of the shirt to indicate that it's Disney or that it's an ad for Everest, then I would definitely say it was intentionally racy. I think the artist, and whoever approved it for that matter, knew exactly what they were doing. I can't see how they couldn't have.
Heh. Nice try Tex, it says "Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain" on a stamp-like image on the back corner of the shirt. It figures the same poster who brought us "I hate expedition everest..." and "if you like everest, don't read this thread" would say they intended to make a dirty T-Shirt. The same company who refuses to release "Song of the South", wanted to create a racy T-Shirt for their new $120 Million dollar attraction.

How does that make sense?

It makes sense in a "not-making-sense" kind of way, I guess.
Nothing against you my friend, I just think you kind of need to drop your everest bashing. (And I know, "How do you consider that bashing?". Just take this as some friendly advice, from one who knows.)

mickster

That argument is sufficiently circular to be totally appropriate from you. It applies equally to your saying that it's intentional. Did you study obtuse or is it a natural trait?

I love how when people on these boards can't think of a more compelling argument, they resort to personal insults.

For the record, I've never claimed to know that it was intentional. However I do believe very strongly that it was, because it seems so blatant. The poster I was responding to made the statement that "no double entrendre was intended" and I was simply asking him to explain how he can possibly be sure of what someone else's "intentions" could be.

disneydata

Every t-shirt produced has to go through the legal department. This one got through, so the legal dept didn't think it was offensive. End of discussion. If you have a problem, take it up with guest relations. They will probably tell you the same thing. No need to argue, nothing will change it, unless of course enough people complain about it.

(like the MGM maps which are being changed soon!)

jmvd20

If that really is a woman on that T-shirt she has the ugliest legs and shoulders I have ever seen - maybe my standards are too high but I wouldn't touch that...

:lookaroun

autumndawn1006

Every t-shirt produced has to go through the legal department. This one got through, so the legal dept didn't think it was offensive. End of discussion. If you have a proble, take it up with guest relations. They will probably tell you the same thing.

(except for the MGM maps which are being changed soon!)

:veryconfu You can't just raise our curiousity and then leave us hanging. What is wrong with the maps?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I love how when people on these boards can't think of a more compelling argument, they resort to personal insults.

For the record, I've never claimed to know that it was intentional. However I do believe very strongly that it was, because it seems so blatant. The poster I was responding to made the statement that "no double entrendre was intended" and I was simply asking him to explain how he can possibly be sure of what someone else's "intentions" could be.
I've made my compelling argument that the image on the shirt would be a horribly deformed woman if my imagination could stretch as far to see one, but it didn't suit you so you ignored it. However, stating that "But I think it's pretty obvious the message and image were intentional" comes close to saying you believe it to be so. The reasoned argument that a corporation the size of Disney wouldn't tolerate such an action by its employees gleans conspiracy theory arguments in response.

You have been arguing your point with anyone and everyone to the point where if you were by chance to make a reasonable argument - no-one would care anymore. :wave:

disneydata

:veryconfu You can't just raise our curiousity and then leave us hanging. What is wrong with the maps?
Too many guests were complaining about the guy in the upper left corner. He's twirling a basketball, but it looks like he's giving the middle finger! I think they're using up the current stock, but won't be printing anymore of that style (don't quote me on the though).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom