Odyssey OPEN to regular guests!

jmvd20

I was in the building last May, not sure if we were supposed to be or not but the door was open so I went in to use the restroom. The main part had a bunch of tables and chairs stacked up - nothing appeared to be going on there anytime soon.

I think it should definitely be converted back into a permanent sit down eating establishment - it is ridiculous to try and get a reasonable reservation time at Epcot now.

JikoMarie

- it is ridiculous to try and get a reasonable reservation time at Epcot now.

A lot of people seem to be saying this. I didn't have a problem at all. In fact, I just called and changed the times on two ADRs at Epcot and had no trouble. Are you guys talking about during peak times?

DisneyMusician2

I've never had a problem with ADRs and I only travel during peak season. As long as you make the reservations a couple of months in advance, there shouldn't be any issues. Is this usually a problem for most people?

typhoonguy

No offense, but I'd be more curious as to the number of events using that space in months NOT-December. It could still be used a lot, but it seems to me that December would be a prime month for a hall like Odyssey, with companies or other organizations setting up large holiday gatherings/parties for employees/members. How often was it used in November or January?
Quite a bit. I just threw december out there because it was the last report I had. November had 21 days of events.

CatLady

I have seen private events going on there pretty regularly. My favorite thing about private events there is that it usually means that the (very nice) bathrooms are accessible, with no waiting!

But seriously, I have never been inside the building beyond the bathrooms, and I'm curious to see the layout. Does anyone have any interior photos from when it was in regular operation?

CaribbeanGreen

we had an impromptu extra couple of nights at WDW last weekend, and on Monday night we called WDW-DINE hours before and had our choice of reservations at Japan, Morocco, or Garden Grill for 6pm.

chasraz

I know they use the Odyssey for Grand Gathering experience.This is from the website :

International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception
Meet your friends and family at the Odyssey in Epcot® for a celebration of international friendship. Your well-traveled and fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, welcomes you to amazing tastes from around the world. Help yourself to delectable international cuisine served family-style, where everyone from Grandma to Junior is sure to find a favorite dish.

As you feast, Auntie Roz and some of your favorite Disney Characters sing, dance and tell stories — sometimes they even need your help! And Auntie Roz loves birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, so if you've got something to celebrate just give her the word and she'll give you plenty of recognition, including a special song.

After your international eating adventure, end your evening on a sweet note with a scrumptious dessert buffet and a private, reserved viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $59.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $24.99 (available 180 days prior)

Schedule:
Please call (407) WDW-MAGIC† for dates and times.

slappy magoo

Quite a bit. I just threw december out there because it was the last report I had. November had 21 days of events.

If that's the case, then I have a question on the opposite end of the spectrum...

Is it possible that corporate events/special occasions/Grand Gatherings bring in so much money, it's not worth it for WDW to make the center open at all times to the public?

EpcotMark

The idea of anyone wanting just yet another quick service place to get yet another hamburger in the park where we go to sample world cultures is more dilluted than I ever expected.:hammer:

lilredfoxie

I have seen private events going on there pretty regularly. My favorite thing about private events there is that it usually means that the (very nice) bathrooms are accessible, with no waiting!

But seriously, I have never been inside the building beyond the bathrooms, and I'm curious to see the layout. Does anyone have any interior photos from when it was in regular operation?

Martin (marni1971) has a tribute video of future world from 1990 with a segment on the odyssey restaurant, he filmed a character meal in there.

You can find the video on mousebits.com, search for Future World 90.

Gorjus

It amazes me how many places they can and do throw parties/events (and how often). Examples: Millenium Village, ABC Theater, Great Movie Ride, Animation building, Haunted Mansion elevators, Tower of Terror, The Seas, American Adventure Rotunda, etc.

typhoonguy

It amazes me how many places they can and do throw parties/events (and how often). Examples: Millenium Village, ABC Theater, Great Movie Ride, Animation building, Haunted Mansion elevators, Tower of Terror, The Seas, American Adventure Rotunda, etc.
And don't forget the most popular location (as well as one of the LEAST expensive) Typhoon Lagoon Wave Pool.

typhoonguy

I didn't know about that one. Thanks for the info!
You bet! We rent out typhoon once a year or so. It's VERY inexpensive. You purchase the wavepool and beach area by the wave. Theres either a 100 or 150 wave minimum depending on day of the week/time/season and wave prices start at about 10 dollars per wave depending on the same. It's a REALLY great way to throw a b-day party, family reunion, ect. We typically pay between 1200-1500 dollars.

scpergj

Does this mean I'll actually have to wait in line for those bathrooms now?!?!?!

I was thinking the same thing...that's our usual stop on the way out of the park after Illuminations...except, of course, when we stay at the Boardwalk!

Da da da da daa...

I'm lovin' it... :D :lookaroun

SirNim, please, please, please tell me this is a sick joke and not a hint...please??!!???

Testtrack321

Nearly EVERY major facility on property is designed for handaling partys and guests, wheter it's in a post show area, the que, or whatever. It's actually quite smart/amazing!

marksniles

I know they use the Odyssey for Grand Gathering experience.This is from the website :

International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception
Meet your friends and family at the Odyssey in Epcot® for a celebration of international friendship. Your well-traveled and fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, welcomes you to amazing tastes from around the world. Help yourself to delectable international cuisine served family-style, where everyone from Grandma to Junior is sure to find a favorite dish.

As you feast, Auntie Roz and some of your favorite Disney Characters sing, dance and tell stories — sometimes they even need your help! And Auntie Roz loves birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, so if you've got something to celebrate just give her the word and she'll give you plenty of recognition, including a special song.

After your international eating adventure, end your evening on a sweet note with a scrumptious dessert buffet and a private, reserved viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $59.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $24.99 (available 180 days prior)

Schedule:
Please call (407) WDW-MAGIC† for dates and times.

Do they still do this???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom