Odyssey OPEN to regular guests!

SCRacerX70

I know they use the Odyssey for Grand Gathering experience.This is from the website :

International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception
Meet your friends and family at the Odyssey in Epcot® for a celebration of international friendship. Your well-traveled and fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, welcomes you to amazing tastes from around the world. Help yourself to delectable international cuisine served family-style, where everyone from Grandma to Junior is sure to find a favorite dish.

As you feast, Auntie Roz and some of your favorite Disney Characters sing, dance and tell stories — sometimes they even need your help! And Auntie Roz loves birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, so if you've got something to celebrate just give her the word and she'll give you plenty of recognition, including a special song.

After your international eating adventure, end your evening on a sweet note with a scrumptious dessert buffet and a private, reserved viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $59.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $24.99 (available 180 days prior)

Schedule:
Please call (407) WDW-MAGIC† for dates and times.

Yep... been there and done just that. I had never been inside the Odyssey in all my trips, aside from when the bathrooms were open to the public. It definitely takes you back to the 80's in there (which in and of itself in not a bad for us who remember EPCOT Center). We went for my niece's birthday back in 2005 (around Christmas time), and the overall experience was a lot of fun. The "Auntie Roz" character was joined by an "uncle" who's name escapes me at the moment. Roz kind of "worked the room", going from table to table, etc... while her counterpart was up on stage playing music on a keyboard and entertaining the audience with intentional corny jokes and the like. Think of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, but lower key. That kind of corny humor.. but still enjoyable.

The food was buffet style, from various World Showcase countries, (quite good), and the dessert spread (also very good, with all manner of dessert type beverages) was laid out beside the lagoon. The view for IllumiNations alone was worth it for me, and the entire Odyssey dining experience was a bonus.

I hope this helps describe it a bit...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just a reminder there`s a few video stills in my photo album from when any guest could get food there :wave:

bryce0131

With the magical gathering experience, do you remember about how long the dinner & illumination viewing lasted? Also, do you stay at Odyssey to watch the fireworks?

Chance

I can see both sides. On one side, it is good to have a nice space available for special events. On the other side, why not add another restaurant since the Dining Plan is causing people to book up the restaurants really quickly. The Odyssey is kinda out of the way though, but that's nothing the famous Construction Wall can't take care of!

I agree except for there are many many event locations on the property. I think the demand for more TS if they continue the DP is the way to go.

SCRacerX70

With the magical gathering experience, do you remember about how long the dinner & illumination viewing lasted? Also, do you stay at Odyssey to watch the fireworks?

As I remember, the Odyssey dining part lasted about 1-1/2 hours, maybe a bit less. After the dinner and show was over, you were conducted to the area right in front of the shop at the center of the lagoon, where there were tables set up with various desserts and drinks, etc. you basically get a "ringside seat" for RoE (best place i've ever seen it). This was roped off from everybody else.

vadsnylvr

I don't think it's very nice to only let Grand Gatherings take part in the Odyssey meal. I come from a small family and there aren't enough of us to go to WDW and participate in Grand Gatherings. They should open some of the GG events to everyone. But that's just my opinion.:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom