Odds of Seeing Mary Poppins???

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Mind you- I've always adored Mary Poppins, but my daughters are finally starting to share that feeling. In light of this being a recent thing for them- I didn't make it a point to book a meal where Mary Poppins was a definite character. :brick:Out of our 10 ADRs- I booked CRT (lunch), Akershus (lunch), and 1900 Park Fare (dinner). I know we won't see her at 1900 Park Fare as the dinner is a Cinderella meal, but I understand she may appear at CRT or Akershus. I've been looking around on Flickr and YouTube to see how many people's pics and videos show Mary Poppins in attendance for CRT and Akershus, but I haven't seen many.

So, my question of you all- if you've eaten at CRT and/or Akershus- was Mary Poppins there when you dined? I know I can't plan anything for sure with this- but just trying to form some rough odds - i.e. in case we need to take drastic measures to track down Mary before the end of our trip (so I know if I need to have a solid game plan ready). Thanks for tolerating my insanity:hammer:

nepalostparks

Also not sure about dining, but can confirm what the others have said above: Mary Poppins makes regular appearances at Magic Kingdom during the morning opening ceremony (and I've then seen her in the plaza right afterwards); on/near the carousel in Fantasyland, and also at the UK Pavilion in Epcot.

According to Steve Soares' site, Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland characters appear intermittently from 1:15pm to 5:30pm daily at the UK Pavilion.

Wishmaker

I've seen her two times in Town Square at Magic Kingdom and twice in Epcot in the UK Pavillion. If you're lucky, you'll get to see her in her "Chim Chim Cheree" outfit and the Victorian dress she wears in the sidewalk chalk scene.

Brommy

Go to guest services at the park as soon as you arrive and ask where Mary P. will be appearing that day, they should be able to tell you.

MillerPoppins

If you squeeze in a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, she will be there. The "Supercalifragilious" breakfast features her and usually the Mad Hatter and Alice. I am always on the hunt for her as well. I hear now that you may even get lucky and catch her with Bert. Good to see another Mary fan...;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Mind you- I've always adored Mary Poppins, but my daughters are finally starting to share that feeling. In light of this being a recent thing for them- I didn't make it a point to book a meal where Mary Poppins was a definite character. :brick:Out of our 10 ADRs- I booked CRT (lunch), Akershus (lunch), and 1900 Park Fare (dinner). I know we won't see her at 1900 Park Fare as the dinner is a Cinderella meal, but I understand she may appear at CRT or Akershus. I've been looking around on Flickr and YouTube to see how many people's pics and videos show Mary Poppins in attendance for CRT and Akershus, but I haven't seen many.

So, my question of you all- if you've eaten at CRT and/or Akershus- was Mary Poppins there when you dined? I know I can't plan anything for sure with this- but just trying to form some rough odds - i.e. in case we need to take drastic measures to track down Mary before the end of our trip (so I know if I need to have a solid game plan ready). Thanks for tolerating my insanity:hammer:

She appears daily in Epcot
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Character-Meet-and-Greets-at-Epcot.htm

and MK
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Character-Meet-and-Greets-at-the-Magic-Kingdom.htm

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!! Good to know we have a decent chance of seeing her in the parks if she doesn't show up in any of our ADRs where she's a possibility. That would be awesome to see her with Bert and/or in the Chim Chimeree costume. Part of me would love to squeeze in the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, but I don't think DH wants me booking any more dining :mad: plus I promised myself after adding a 6th character meal- that I could only do something signature if I were to book an 11th overall ADR...and since I don't have any space for that- I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well- there's always next time. Thanks again! :wave:

jrobb

Have seen Mary Poppins at CRT (breakfast). We went in Feb. 2009 and saw her there.

Also, as many have said, she is usually readily available at the front entrance of MK, usually to the immediate right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom